Pregnancy And Parenting

The only time I was sick when pregnant,was when my mam was cooking lorne sausage. I still can't stand the smell of it being cooked. :barf

Heartburn on the other hand was a problem for me,I used to have cravings for pickled onion monster munch,and after I had a packet I would have really bad heartburn. :(

Also the epidural doesn't work for all women,well I know that I was in pain even after having the epidural,and I was in labour for more than 16 hours. :(

Same, except I was in labour for 24 hours with my first, 30 with my second and a nice little elective section with Charlie with no labour at all.

My best advice? Take on board what you like the sound of, smile sweetly and ignore anything you don't want to know. Only you will know your baby when it's born. Yes, you'll make mistakes, but don't be too harsh on yourself. No one's an expert first time around. Or the second, come to think of it. You can always ask someone who's been there before if there is anything you don't feel you can handle (of course, you can only do that if you've done the smile sweetly and ignore the advice you don't want bit. People don't tend to be too forthcoming with their help if you've told them to shove it up their arse previously). And never, ever be afraid to ask for help if you feel you do need it. It's what family, friends and the health professionals are there for.

Congrats to everyone who seems to have impregnated someone since the last time I was online. You fertile, randy bunch of sods. :P

Very weird indeed but just got a letter through the door today from the hospital saying we have our first scan february the 27th and march the 3rd for an antenatal class.

How bizarre since i was speaking of this last night and heard nothing.

Antenatal classes aren't usually til nearer the end of pregnancy ;)

Very weird indeed but just got a letter through the door today from the hospital saying we have our first scan february the 27th and march the 3rd for an antenatal class.

How bizarre since i was speaking of this last night and heard nothing.

Are you not a bit early for antenatal classes? You don't normally go to those til nearer the end. All health authorities are different, I guess.

What the letter says, got a date so yeah.

This is what the letter says.

Dear patient,

An appointment has been made for you at the clinic noted below

clinic: AnteNatal clinic midwives

time: tue 03 mar 2009 at 15:30

please report to - whitfield clinic dundee

Please attend ninewells for scan on monday 23/2/09 @ 3:30pm

Check in at ante-natal clinic area 1 before scan time

That's just a clinic appointment then. All appointments until after the baby arrives are ante-natal :lol:

Classes are much later in the pregnancy - usually in the evening.

ok not sure why laughing, all i said was on the letter.

Sorry I'm laughing because it doesn't mention classes anywhere :rolleyes:

Kinda glad I've got to go to work tonight. Don't think my sides could take another night like last night.

My good friend just gave birth to her fourth baby - a little girl. She already had two girls aged 5 and 3 and a little boy aged 18 months. She told me she didn't think she was going to have any more in March and she came into work one day a couple of months later and told me the news that she was expecting. She gave birth to the new arrival at home a couple of weeks ago. I haven't been able to get time off work until Monday 9th of February to go and visit them - but I'm hopelessly excited :D

If it's a boy, I suggest the name Liam. I know I've said it before, but it really is a superb name.

My wife's 19 weeks, and the mother-in-law is daft on the name Liam. It may be my least favourite boys name along with Aiden. Thankfully the wife agrees.

Got the second scan on friday coming, so obviously a bit nervous. Felt the baby kick last night, although only slightly. Still pretty exciting though! She wants to find out boy or girl on friday so happy enough to go with that.

Also thankfully the sickness has toned down to the occasional vomit rather than every morning. I felt so sorry for her!