Pregnancy And Parenting

On 11/01/2021 at 11:02, Dons_1988 said:

20 week scan this morning.

All healthy and normal, and found out we're having a wee daughter :)

Congratulations!

On 11/01/2021 at 14:06, Busta Nut said:

Although I wasn't bothered i kinda wanted a daughter.

Not sure why. 10 months she is now nearly.

I was the same, deep down kinda wanted a daughter. She’ll be 11 year old come Easter. Time flies like. 

At least yours is young enough that the Covid and home-schooling combo shouldn’t be a thing to contend with! 

Any other P&B parents attempts to tackle home-schooling much akin to WW3 in the mornings?

Edited by 8MileBU

On 13/01/2021 at 22:27, supermik said:

Anybody know what’s happened to sjc? Not posted in about 6 months. Hope his little girl and him are alright.

Seems to still be active on Twitter, so hopefully a sign that all is good there. @sjc?

Anyway, my missus has 3 sisters, all of whom have children. It has been decided unanimously that of the 6 kids so far, young Ryan is both the best and messiest at meal times, with the rest being various levels of fussy and him pretty much just having a party with whatever is put in front of him. It's a relief that his appetite is so good, but by f*ck is it some job to clean up after him.

51 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Anyone got any experience in buying prams etc in lockdown?

It seems a big expense and hard as f**k to know what to buy when you can't go into a shop and see them/talk to someone.

You’ll buy an umbrella fold by six months so don’t spend a fortune. They’re but if a status symbol, like cars! 

Baby jogger was my favourite and it had carrycot attachment. I had the double and single. It was sturdier than umbrella fold and just as easy throw in boot.

Anyone got any experience in buying prams etc in lockdown?
It seems a big expense and hard as f**k to know what to buy when you can't go into a shop and see them/talk to someone.
You’ll buy an umbrella fold by six months so don’t spend a fortune. They’re but if a status symbol, like cars! 
Baby jogger was my favourite and it had carrycot attachment. I had the double and single. It was sturdier than umbrella fold and just as easy throw in boot.
Aye don't go daft. We just sold our pram having had it for 2 kids over 4 years. The lassie was gobsmacked by how well it looked but that's because it was rarely used. The horrizontal pram bit we must have used a handful of times. The most used part was the car seat as you just clicked that into the base. If there is such a pram that has a base for the car seat I'd just go for that.

If you and your Mrs are big walkers it's a bit different but as RH33 says, as soon as the wee one is sitting up unaided (doesn't take long) you'll have them in a buggy anyway. Don't go daft, they really are overpriced for the time you'll use them.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye don't go daft. We just sold our pram having had it for 2 kids over 4 years. The lassie was gobsmacked by how well it looked but that's because it was rarely used. The horrizontal pram bit we must have used a handful of times. The most used part was the car seat as you just clicked that into the base. If there is such a pram that has a base for the car seat I'd just go for that.

If you and your Mrs are big walkers it's a bit different but as RH33 says, as soon as the wee one is sitting up unaided (doesn't take long) you'll have them in a buggy anyway. Don't go daft, they really are overpriced for the time you'll use them.

20 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Cheers, we are quite big walkers with the dog but we're acutely aware that the industry seems like a bit of a racket.

26 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Cheers, we are quite big walkers with the dog but we're acutely aware that the industry seems like a bit of a racket.

I’d look at one the sturdier baby joggers or maybe even a jogging buggie that’s designed all terrain if you’re walkers.

I’d say getting a base so you can just click car seat in and out is Best Buy rather than arsing a round with seat belt every time.

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

I’d look at one the sturdier baby joggers or maybe even a jogging buggie that’s designed all terrain if you’re walkers.

We bought one second hand off the local version of Ebay. Would have cost a small fortune brand new. Worth every penny, especially if you walk uphill or through forest paths and the like. Also helped last week when the snow kicked in big time. The wife and wee man would have been housebound for a few days if she had only had the normal buggy to cart him around in.

Think the only things I didn’t buy second hand was my first park, folks bought it but was only £200 and used with all three. Was small enough park in living rooms with carrycot on it for naps! And car seats as I was a bit funny about wanting know def no accidents etc.

Most the kids furniture even now is gumtree. I’d say get malm drawers and a changing mat rather than a whole changing unit. Before you know it they’re wriggling about and it’s safer change on floor!!

Our daughter is currently in the middle of “Leap 4” which the Wonder Weeks app tells me still has 17 days to go. She went from a smiley babbling baby, sleeping in her crib for 6-7 hours and barely crying unless something was hurting her to a baby that will only sleep beside us on our bed, wakes up 3-4 times a night and greets at everything, putting arms into sleeves has become a traumatic experience for her now!

Every night when she is taking forever to go to sleep and having a meltdown I swear to myself she’ll be an only child as I can’t handle this again, then in the morning she’ll have the biggest smile and giggle and I’ll start discussing names with my wife for our next baby! Though the internet tells me “leap 5” is even worse.

3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Mine keeps waking at daft times. Like 4am, 430am, sometimes even as early as 3am and that's her up for the morn until nap time.

What's that about?

What age?