Pregnancy And Parenting

6 hours ago, Rugster said:

Catherine does the biggest shites I’ve seen. She now proudly shouts that she’s done a big Innes. I just hope she shouts the same at nursery. 

She'll have seen what they've done to the Innes Bar in Inverness then. Fair play.

Catherine does the biggest shites I’ve seen. She now proudly shouts that she’s done a big Innes. I just hope she shouts the same at nursery. 
It's a consequence of the struggles we had with the older one re shiting that she (and her wee sister through the art of copycat) now loudly declare, regardless of where we are or who might be in our house/earshot that

"AH'VE DONE A GIANT GREAT BIG POOOOOOOOOOO......"

We are moving house this week and have been speaking to the boy about it a lot, he knows the name of where we are moving. I’m not sure he really gets that we are leaving our current home but we’ll see how he does.

Any parents got experience of moving house with a two year old?

We moved at 16 months and 3 years and did the same both times. Moved while she was in nursery and got her room set up first. They looked roughly the same just getting bigger each time.

I do have to confess, she is a great sleeper so would have probably fell asleep no matter what it looked like but she seemed comfortable with the familiarity.

Fraser has been discharged from his SCBU clinic with normal development. He had particular strengths in fine motor and cognitive skills. Absolutely delighted after all he has been through. 11 weeks early, a bleed on the brain, in hospital 10 weeks. Just a happy, cheeky wee boy now. 
Some much needed positivity!

Get in wee man.

Ryan had his first bug/virus over the weekend there. High temperature, vomiting, constipation, not sleeping. Thankfully a few paracetamol a day and he was fine. Little b*****d appears to have passed it onto me though...

6 weeks in for us now. Dont think anything  I read or heard could really prepare me for how hard that first few weeks were! 

He's been really good on the most part but have had the odd sleepless night. He was quite colicy for a couple of weeks but that seems to have passed too. He is quite a content wee chap now!

Loves his baths and seems to be sleeping really well at night the last couple of weeks. Got him down at midnight and that should be him until half 3ish and I'll get him again at 7ish when I'm up for work. Fingers crossed in the next few weeks he will start sleeping longer at night as he will start to understand the difference between  night and day.

He's over 11 pounds now and rather alarmingly some clothes are too small already! Really started to see him coming to life on the last week, chatting away and becoming more inquisitive with the environment, so cool to see!

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-1479306147.jpeg

18 hours ago, Ross. said:

Ryan had his first bug/virus over the weekend there. High temperature, vomiting, constipation, not sleeping. Thankfully a few paracetamol a day and he was fine. Little b*****d appears to have passed it onto me though...

They are very generous that way.

10 hours ago, robosaintee said:

6 weeks in for us now. Dont think anything  I read or heard could really prepare me for how hard that first few weeks were! 

He's been really good on the most part but have had the odd sleepless night. He was quite colicy for a couple of weeks but that seems to have passed too. He is quite a content wee chap now!

Loves his baths and seems to be sleeping really well at night the last couple of weeks. Got him down at midnight and that should be him until half 3ish and I'll get him again at 7ish when I'm up for work. Fingers crossed in the next few weeks he will start sleeping longer at night as he will start to understand the difference between  night and day.

He's over 11 pounds now and rather alarmingly some clothes are too small already! Really started to see him coming to life on the last week, chatting away and becoming more inquisitive with the environment, so cool to see!

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-1479306147.jpeg

Boys never stop growing out of clothes or eating........

I've been away from Scotland for over 6 years now, wondering what the standard maternity/paternity leave people take is? 

My wife is taking 18 months so received benefits at 55% of salary for 15 weeks 33% for the remaining 69 weeks

I took 6 weeks paternity leave at 55% and applied for and received a supplement from my work to top that up, then 3 weeks paid holiday after that. 

I was fairly shocked to learn just how little leave parents in the US are entitled to, no paid leave for fathers and mothers seem to get 6 weeks unpaid leave, which is mental, especially if you have a c-section birth.    

35 minutes ago, Torpar said:

I've been away from Scotland for over 6 years now, wondering what the standard maternity/paternity leave people take is? 

My wife is taking 18 months so received benefits at 55% of salary for 15 weeks 33% for the remaining 69 weeks

I took 6 weeks paternity leave at 55% and applied for and received a supplement from my work to top that up, then 3 weeks paid holiday after that. 

I was fairly shocked to learn just how little leave parents in the US are entitled to, no paid leave for fathers and mothers seem to get 6 weeks unpaid leave, which is mental, especially if you have a c-section birth.    

Maternity is 6 weeks at 90% and then £151.20 or 90% of your average weekly earnings (whichever is lower) for the next 33 weeks.

Entitled to take 12 months off so the remaining time is unpaid.

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-1479306147.thumb.jpeg.1888fca9b61c8e50226264d3c3624d9d.jpeg
He's a wee cracker, chief.

Maternity is 6 weeks at 90% and then £151.20 or 90% of your average weekly earnings (whichever is lower) for the next 33 weeks.
Entitled to take 12 months off so the remaining time is unpaid.
As a teacher I got a week's full pay paternity, and took another week unpaid (i think).

My wife got 6 month's full pay and took another 6 month's statutory pay.

I got 6 weeks paternity. Full pay. It was also during the beginning of the pandemic so with no one to help the missus I was signed off on full pay sick leave for a further 3 months. was great.

Missus got full pay for about 6 months, then so much for 3 then nothing after.

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-1479306147.thumb.jpeg.1888fca9b61c8e50226264d3c3624d9d.jpeg
Impressive head of hair btw