Pregnancy And Parenting

Had a phone call from the social worker today they have been unable to speak to our daughter for a couple of months now,the child protection order is up next month and they now want it dismissed as they see no need for it.That means she has no access rights for the kids 🙂

Edited by keithgy

18 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Had a phone call from the social worker today they have been unable to speak to our daughter for a couple of months now,the child protection order is up next month and they now want it dismissed as they see no need for it.That means she has no access rights for the kids 🙂

Was always coming Keith, all the best, albeit hard work for you and your wife 

11 hours ago, keithgy said:

That's actually good news, especially the last sentence.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Giving BB2 a lecture there about saying no when she was asked to do something.

Me "when did we start saying no to dad or mum?"

Her "last week".

f**k sake.

It doesn’t get any better.

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Giving BB2 a lecture there about saying no when she was asked to do something.

Me "when did we start saying no to dad or mum?"

Her "last week".

f**k sake.

I'm guessing getting mugged off by a toddler isn't as funny as it seems to me right now.

Baby had her first poop in 8 days today, right as I had just put my lunch in the microwave, amazing how much a little human can produce! Lunch was put on hold so I could wash her bottom half under the tap, balancing her on my forearm and washing with the other hand, then while mum dressed her I had the 'privilege' of going back to the bath to rinse her reusable nappy.  The sight of the yellow/brown water makes my wife gag but I really don't care so I don't mind doing it. It's quite an event when she does go and needs a lot of a cleaning up but just having to change wet nappies for the rest of the week is pretty nice! 

Glad I have a strong stomach as it was curry for lunch!

We are moving house this week and have been speaking to the boy about it a lot, he knows the name of where we are moving. I’m not sure he really gets that we are leaving our current home but we’ll see how he does.

Any parents got experience of moving house with a two year old?

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

We are moving house this week and have been speaking to the boy about it a lot, he knows the name of where we are moving. I’m not sure he really gets that we are leaving our current home but we’ll see how he does.

They’ll struggle to lift the sofa and washing machine. But cuddly toys may be more manageable.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Ours was two and a half when we moved from Miami to Chicago - it wasn’t that much of a thing to be honest, she’s pretty adaptable. The things she really missed were having a pool out the back which we fixed by taking her to the city pools 2 or 3 times a week, and my mate’s dog; which we fixed with some FaceTime calls. I’m gonna miss the pools this winter; it’s a large part of what keeps me and her sane over the period. 

ETA - added pic because it’s nice to remember her when she was wee and cute and not wee and a gobby wee shite. 

C5CFD654-FAC7-48EE-AC57-5474AC00180A.jpeg

Edited by carpetmonster

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

He'll be fine. We've moved a few times (although, we have never let the same village, so if it's a bigger move it might be different) and mine have been fine each time.

Moved country and then 4 months later moved from first house here to second. He seemed fairly relaxed with it. More upset at the toys being packed and having to wait to unpack them (when moving people say its the kettle last packed and first unpacked, they were obviously not doing this with young kids... Some toys last/first).

14 hours ago, ICTChris said:

We moved when I was 4 and I thought the removal men were burglars and tried to fight them off. So I'm told. 

21 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Glad you said that, as my wife was a bit worried that our daughter hasn't pooed in 2 days

Aye they go through a bit where they might not shite for a week or so at a time.

6 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Aye they go through a bit where they might not shite for a week or so at a time.

I'm quite enjoying this stage, even if it does mean the weekly shite does require an oil spill level clean up, makes washing her cloth nappies a lot easier, I know though that I have solids to look forward to in 3 months or so. 

15 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Mine is nearly 9 months now and the solids aren't bad. Feel sorry when I see her struggle the odd time though.

My wee lass used to always make me giggle in those situations. The facial expressions of 100% effort going into the job(by) filled me with pride. 

Spoiler

And her nappies with some bafflingly huge turds at times.