Reading Saintee

Pregnancy And Parenting

Have you both tried increasing the amount of protein they get in their meals?
Mine eats everything and anything. He's fairly good at protein items too. Just far too busy to sleep. Or to stay asleep

5 hours ago, weirdcal said:

Same boat, same age bairn. He wakes for milk still and it's not a gentle wakening it's full pelt roaring.
Annoyingly he will drink some, roll over and soon as you get comfy goes mental again for more.
He slept through last night which means we are in for a belter of a night if the last time he did it was anything to go by

My daughter only drinks milk with her corn flakes, only ever liked breast milk which she got for just shy of a year. She just drinks water now but when she wakes up during the night she doesn't want a drink. 

Ended up putting her in her pram and rocked her for near 30 mins before she fell asleep at 4:30. Think she slept for 2 hours whilst I slept on the couch. Absolutely fucked for it 🙈

She went to sleep easily tonight and for some weird reason she sleeps better when I put her to bed so hopefully she'll sleep better tonight!! 

5 hours ago, RH33 said:

Have you both tried increasing the amount of protein they get in their meals?

Not a bad shout, the fact she doesn't drink milk like I said above puts her at an immediate disadvantage. 

44 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

My daughter only drinks milk with her corn flakes, only ever liked breast milk which she got for just shy of a year. She just drinks water now but when she wakes up during the night she doesn't want a drink. 

Ended up putting her in her pram and rocked her for near 30 mins before she fell asleep at 4:30. Think she slept for 2 hours whilst I slept on the couch. Absolutely fucked for it 🙈

She went to sleep easily tonight and for some weird reason she sleeps better when I put her to bed so hopefully she'll sleep better tonight!! 

Not a bad shout, the fact she doesn't drink milk like I said above puts her at an immediate disadvantage. 

My middle ones never had milk or any diary in her diet.  She’s a wee skinny mini tiny dot. 
But slept fine at that age so I’m no use beyond someone telling me when my son had bit sleep regression try more protein.

Our baby started on solids this week (well mushed up green beans and various other veg the wife makes). She’s having a tough time with the transition to real poos as opposed to the previous breast milk only poos. We’re hoping prunes will be the answer and help her out a bit.

Our baby started on solids this week (well mushed up green beans and various other veg the wife makes). She’s having a tough time with the transition to real poos as opposed to the previous breast milk only poos. We’re hoping prunes will be the answer and help her out a bit.

Tesco do whizzed up prune pouches that help

A question for those with older kids.
My 8 yo granddaughter is beginning to act out, saying “no” when asked to do something, answering back and getting less than positive reports from school.

I should add it’s not just me that gets the behaviour.

Is this common, or a sign of something else?

Thanks in anticipation.

44 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

A question for those with older kids.
My 8 yo granddaughter is beginning to act out, saying “no” when asked to do something, answering back and getting less than positive reports from school.

I should add it’s not just me that gets the behaviour.

Is this common, or a sign of something else?

Thanks in anticipation.

Not that common but not something to be overly worried about.

My (now) 17 yo's default view on pretty-much anything is 'no' and has been since she was aged 3 or 4 and it is tedious as f**k.  My older two are quite adventurous and open to new things/places/foods/ideas but the wee yin is a right stick in the mud and 'no' is her stance on most things and it does my head in.

There is a glimmer of hope.  She and I go out an about and, recently, went for a Uni interview in Bath and she got an unconditional offer for her course.  It's the first time I have seen her excited and looking forward to something without caveats.

I just think that some weans are a slow burn.

I imagine I'll receive a lot of hate for such a post but I think I may well be one of the luckiest dick's in the world. Oldest one slept 12 hours right from the second night. We expected this one to be an absolute handful. She's almost 9 weeks now and for the last 2 weeks she's slept from 10pm - 7.30/8am without getting up once. The week before she was up once during the night because she had shit. Even then she went back down straight away and never needed a bottle.

Absolutely ruined again. Without a doubt I'll be getting the snip now!

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I imagine I'll receive a lot of hate for such a post but I think I may well be one of the luckiest dick's in the world. Oldest one slept 12 hours right from the second night. We expected this one to be an absolute handful. She's almost 9 weeks now and for the last 2 weeks she's slept from 10pm - 7.30/8am without getting up once. The week before she was up once during the night because she had shit. Even then she went back down straight away and never needed a bottle.

Absolutely ruined again. Without a doubt I'll be getting the snip now!

Ours (only one at the mo) slept thru the night for the first month and hasn't done so again in the 70 months since. 

Ours (only one at the mo) slept thru the night for the first month and hasn't done so again in the 70 months since. 
Aye I'm hoping it's not just a blip! But I used to sleep 12 hours as a baby as well as my eldest so I'm hoping it's in her genes that she is a lazy wee shite like us.

Wee one running a temperature, off the latest Boris Johnson press conference I think that means we're self isolating...

Wee one running a temperature, off the latest Boris Johnson press conference I think that means we're self isolating...
The same, my wee one has had a temperature today. Can't seem to get Calpol anywhere.

That’s my wife (who is 34 weeks pregnant) been told to stay off work this week because of what Boris said today about pregnant woman being off for 12 weeks

After day 1 of having to home school, I'm starting to halfway sympathize with the halfwits on FB that give it pay teachers fitba players wages.

40 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

My wife is pregnant for the first time and we went for the 12 week scan yesterday. I say "we", but I wasn't allowed in with her because of the current situation. While it's understandable, it was still a bit of a shiter - it feels like one of those seminal moments where you know it's real and I wasn't able to share it with her. Nonetheless, everything seems healthy which is the most important thing.

That is a wee bit of a shame but congrats to you and your Mrs regardless and I'm glad all checks out wrt health.

You will love being a dad and will, I have no doubt, keep the most up to date red book in the history of parenting.

Best wishes to your Mrs for a safe delivery.

10 hours ago, craigkillie said:

My wife is pregnant for the first time and we went for the 12 week scan yesterday. I say "we", but I wasn't allowed in with her because of the current situation. While it's understandable, it was still a bit of a shiter - it feels like one of those seminal moments where you know it's real and I wasn't able to share it with her. Nonetheless, everything seems healthy which is the most important thing.

My niece gave birth to her second on Thursday evening, cesarean as she had trouble the first time. Had a slight cold so they went full precautionary mode, Covid19 test, shipped into hospital and father ordered to stay home. Turned out negative and he was allowed in for the birth, had to leave shortly after, then put on strict visiting rota with other Dads. She's back home this morning, both well.

10 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Congrats, I literally just missed all this shit, I was allowed into the wards etc but we could only have one other visitor per day, during the designated visitor times. They then shut all that shit down.

I'd also advise you to listen to folk who say stupid cliche shit like "get all the sleep you can" etc. Cos it's fucking true.
Eat, shit, cry (sometimes sleep) repeat.

8 days old and all I have got so far is shitty hands, sore heads, lack of sleep and muscle spasms from holding her.

Worth it already though.