Salvo Montalbano 1    
Crawford Bridge 1    
JamesP_81 1    
thistledo 1    
robosaint 1    
Torpar 1    
Brummie Clyde 1    
Total 261    

Just stumbled into the thread - bit late but add my wee boy to the list, he just turned 2 the other day!

We did the baby led weaning thing and we also avoided any chocolate and all sugary food and drinks till he was 2 (was harder to keep grandparents from lobbing stuff at him tbh) and now he eats anything and everything we eat at meal times with almost zero fuss. Fruit is his ultimate food goal, Oranges and Blackberries being currency in our house! 🤣 which is handy, might be easier to drag him along to Tannadice soon!

Chocolate etc will be something he gets occasionally but will be avoided or something else will be offered as an alternative. Diabetes, stroke and heart issues are very prevalent in my family and its something I'm conscious will be passed on to him so refined sugars will be very scarce for as long as possible and hopefully we can educate him and lead by example. But thats a long way off for now!

Hes recently taken a dislike to broccoli and sprouts but considering he wolfs down chickpea curry, veggie and lentil casserole and mackrel and green bean pasta ill let him off!

I recommend BLW. 

Potty training will commence in the coming weeks. I have no idea what I'm in for, do I?!

2 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Just stumbled into the thread - bit late but add my wee boy to the list, he just turned 2 the other day!

We did the baby led weaning thing and we also avoided any chocolate and all sugary food and drinks till he was 2 (was harder to keep grandparents from lobbing stuff at him tbh) and now he eats anything and everything we eat at meal times with almost zero fuss. Fruit is his ultimate food goal, Oranges and Blackberries being currency in our house! 🤣 which is handy, might be easier to drag him along to Tannadice soon!

Chocolate etc will be something he gets occasionally but will be avoided or something else will be offered as an alternative. Diabetes, stroke and heart issues are very prevalent in my family and its something I'm conscious will be passed on to him so refined sugars will be very scarce for as long as possible and hopefully we can educate him and lead by example. But thats a long way off for now!

Hes recently taken a dislike to broccoli and sprouts but considering he wolfs down chickpea curry, veggie and lentil casserole and mackrel and green bean pasta ill let him off!

I recommend BLW. 

Potty training will commence in the coming weeks. I have no idea what I'm in for, do I?!

I kinda did a baby led version of potty training too. My son refused even sit on one until he was almost 3. Much to the then mil disgust as apprently hers were dry at 18 months.Both the girls just took to it around 2.5.

Nappy off time and simple cheap potty’s in couple strategic locations. The

28 minutes ago, RH33 said:

I kinda did a baby led version of potty training too. My son refused even sit on one until he was almost 3. Much to the then mil disgust as apprently hers were dry at 18 months.Both the girls just took to it around 2.5.

We did the same. There's no point potty training until they are ready and have an understanding of it. Think girls are easier than boys, too. Dreading Fraser potty training 🙈

On 21/11/2020 at 16:11, MP_MFC said:

100% with the baby led. We've always pretty much just given her a smaller amount of what we've had and she's loved it.

We had a wee challenge to let her have over 100 foods before she was one and we smashed it by about 50. In the brief time we weren't locked down met up with a mate who was doing the whole puree thing and both wean and parent looked like they were having a shite time, just let her get fired in about the food and give her a bath after it.

We’re somewhere between both. A mixture of purée and bits of fruit and veg, as well as stuff like porridge and a few other things. The facial expressions when he tries stuff for the first time are outstanding entertainment.  

Are the rumours true that the second trimester of pregnancy is a bit easier than the first? 
For my wife, of course...
Missus felt crap during the first trimester and was a lot better during the second trimester.

Think the sickness feeling did come back a teensy bit in the last trimester, but not like in the first one.

We did the baby led weaning thing and we also avoided any chocolate and all sugary food and drinks till he was 2 (was harder to keep grandparents from lobbing stuff at him tbh) and now he eats anything and everything we eat at meal times with almost zero fuss. Fruit is his ultimate food goal, Oranges and Blackberries being currency in our house! [emoji1787] which is handy, might be easier to drag him along to Tannadice soon!
I recommend BLW. 
Your son is clearly a sensible chap, sprouts are the Devil's food.

47 minutes ago, Brummie Clyde said:
6 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:
We did the baby led weaning thing and we also avoided any chocolate and all sugary food and drinks till he was 2 (was harder to keep grandparents from lobbing stuff at him tbh) and now he eats anything and everything we eat at meal times with almost zero fuss. Fruit is his ultimate food goal, Oranges and Blackberries being currency in our house! emoji1787.png which is handy, might be easier to drag him along to Tannadice soon!
I recommend BLW. 

Your son is clearly a sensible chap, sprouts are the Devil's food.

He gets that mainly from his mother.

Sprouts, when done right, are still shite.

3 hours ago, RH33 said:

Thinking we're going to go baby led too but I reckon he'll also refuse to sit on a potty! What age did you start training and what signs did you look for?