Pregnancy And Parenting

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Pregnancy, especially the early part must be the worst thing imaginable for a woman, in terms of being completely out of control. Something you want and feel so attached to yet can be taken away so easily and for no reason that you can ever be told. Once the 12 week scan comes hopefully her mind will be put at ease a bit. I think once they see the baby and once they are being seen by health professionals it helps make the whole thing both seem real, and also seem that they are being looked after. From test to 12 weeks, you are very much on your own.

Yeah we've definitely felt that. You find out this huge thing then have to wait 6-7 weeks before you speak to a professional, coupled with not telling anyone else.

I think she feels like she's 'supposed' to be overjoyed and instead she's in a constant state of anxiety.

She really does need to forget about what pregnancy is supposed to be (easier said than done I know). Were she to have asked my wife, for example, she would say pregnancy is a fucking miserable time. I know some women feel great and that seems to be the prevailing narrative that goes along with it, but I think that might just be birthday caird pish and not the experience of the majority.

Yeah we've definitely felt that. You find out this huge thing then have to wait 6-7 weeks before you speak to a professional, coupled with not telling anyone else.
I think she feels like she's 'supposed' to be overjoyed and instead she's in a constant state of anxiety.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

She really does need to forget about what pregnancy is supposed to be (easier said than done I know). Were she to have asked my wife, for example, she would say pregnancy is a fucking miserable time. I know some women feel great and that seems to be the prevailing narrative that goes along with it, but I think that might just be birthday caird pish and not the experience of the majority.

100%. I think she knows this too but she can't help herself at times.

I found a few articles and showed her so at the very least she doesn't feel like she's weird for feeling like this.

Pregnancy is shit tbh. The worry is overwhelming. I think the don’t tell anyone until 12 weeks is shit too. Things can go wrong so tell those close to you so you have a support network. 

3 hours ago, keithgy said:

The wee man refused to speak to his mother and Maisie just looked at the screen as if to say who is that,she last 5 minutes before asking for her nana.

That's hardly surprising, to be quite honest.

Well, she (your daughter) can't accuse you of not trying to facilitate her.

44 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Pregnancy is shit tbh. The worry is overwhelming. I think the don’t tell anyone until 12 weeks is shit too. Things can go wrong so tell those close to you so you have a support network. 

I loved being pregnant. Well apart from with Fraser but that was nothing to do with pregnancy. I mourn my pregnancy with him. I would love another pregnancy but not the baby that comes with it 🤣

We told a few people about the pregnancy, but not the majority. We did end up losing the baby at the end of last year.

Kind of felt I had to tell some of work, so that they knew firstly why we kept being off to go to the hospital and secondly, why I was off for a week after we lost the baby.

Personally, I felt better that it wasn't kept a secret.

On the plus side, my wife is now due to give birth in about 6 weeks.

On 30/09/2020 at 22:52, Academically Deficient said:

Some advice. Feel free to ignore:

1) dont buy a pram. Waste of fucking money. Invest in a reliable foldaway push chair. And a wee cheapo one as back up.

2) lots of people will tell you the moment of birth is emotional and overwhelming amazing. Often it isn't for a range of perfectly normal reasons. Dont feel bad if you feel a bit "meh". Its just shock or fatigue.

3) if you are a tidy person, just accept your house is going to look like a fucking tip. Nothing can be done about it. 

4) Your wife/partners hormones are going to be a rollercoaster. Be patient and kind.

5) it's ok to feel totally overwhelmed sometimes. Everybody does.

6) However bad it gets, one day they'll turn into cheeky wee b*****d teenagers and you'll wish for the days of dirty nappies 😆

This is a fuckin great post

On 19/10/2020 at 13:47, keithgy said:

The wee man refused to speak to his mother and Maisie just looked at the screen as if to say who is that,she last 5 minutes before asking for her nana.

They're in better hands now

Baby's due in two days. Shitting it like.

Pregnancy has been as straight forward as we could have asked for but she's absolutely knackered now. Lassie from her work has given birth two weeks early and beat her so she was raging at that. 🤣🤣

Told her that she needed to give birth this weekend cos Saints aren't playing. Reasonable request IMO.

27 minutes ago, robosaintee said:

Baby's due in two days. Shitting it like.

Pregnancy has been as straight forward as we could have asked for but she's absolutely knackered now. Lassie from her work has given birth two weeks early and beat her so she was raging at that. 🤣🤣

Told her that she needed to give birth this weekend cos Saints aren't playing. Reasonable request IMO.

See if she's kept in for any amount of nights . Sleep in your bed as much as you can mate. 

One of the guys at work lost his kid this week,only 4 months old[emoji27]
That is utterly horrific. I'm a boring atheist and have a cry when someone I love dies 2 or 3 times but then revert to: 'you live, you die'. I think if I lost a child it would destroy me though as it isn't the natural order. How do you console someone who loses a child, especially so young?

How did the wee one die? Not a sensitive question but it's such a rare occurrence that my mind wonders what the hell happened :(