Jump to content
Reading Saintee

Pregnancy And Parenting

Recommended Posts

Got called over by the wee one's teacher today picking her up from school. Apparently when all the kids were on bathroom break, she was sticking her head under the stall doors and screaming at the kids on the can. I have no idea how I managed to give her a bollocking with a straight face. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First day of nursery for the wee one today. She's excited. I'm devastated Mrs ready to pop any day now as well so big changes for us all this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well the hearing could not have gone better,our daughter never showed up which helps our residency case.The social work laid out the reasons why the kids should stay under our care and not be returned to her.
Maisie's dad also was there supporting us as he is very happy with the care and love she is getting,the lay people on panel were unanimous in granting us another 12 months child protection order and also limiting the supervised contact to every fortnight as it has been of poor quality and they want to see it improving.
Now we have a proof hearing on 5th February at Falkirk Sheriff court to find out if we get full residency.
Perhaps I'm a bit too judgemental/harsh but why is it only 12 months? How many times now has she not bothered to turn up to these things? Surely it should be a case of "The child is in your care until such times he can decide for himself".

I'm all for giving people another chance but waiting year to year until someone decides to get their shit together just doesn't seem correct to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Perhaps I'm a bit too judgemental/harsh but why is it only 12 months? How many times now has she not bothered to turn up to these things? Surely it should be a case of "The child is in your care until such times he can decide for himself".

I'm all for giving people another chance but waiting year to year until someone decides to get their shit together just doesn't seem correct to me.

Due to the age of the children only 12 month orders can be given,she has never shown up to any of the children reporters hearings(5)

If we get residency she would have to go to court to get them back and that costs up to £5k but the social work are paying our costs and she has had her legal aid refused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Due to the age of the children only 12 month orders can be given,she has never shown up to any of the children reporters hearings(5)
If we get residency she would have to go to court to get them back and that costs up to £5k but the social work are paying our costs and she has had her legal aid refused.
I see. I still think 12 months is shit. Kids need stability ffs :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I see. I still think 12 months is shit. Kids need stability ffs :(

If we get residency it is for undefined time ,it is only the child protection order that is 12 months and residency would mean the protection order would be discharged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/01/2020 at 08:48, Rugster said:

Well that was a stinking few days.

Honest Saints Fan has tonsillitis so she's coughing constantly, feeling shit and got a right sore throat. Meanwhile, Fraser was at the doctor on Friday with what we thought was the same thing, turned out to be another really bad chest infection which meant his oxygen levels were low so he was taken into hospital for treatment and oxygen support. Got out yesterday. Worst of it was trying to keep him occupied because he won't sit still for 30 seconds and being hooked up to oxygen and the vital signs monitor meant he couldn't do anything. We got a private room though which was a god send as he at least got some sleep. Sunday night was the worst though as that was him on a no oxygen trial to see if he would cope without it to be discharged so I had my eye on the number all night paranoid about it dipping as he tossed and turned so hardly got any sleep at all. Anyway the wee tank did it and we got out at lunchtime yesterday.

Hoping for some semblance of normality, or as normal as our lives are, to return now. His routine is all over the place because of the meal times in the hospital and basically being confined to sitting on my knee in a bed for three days so will no doubt take a few days for him to get back into it.

Catherine as usual takes it all in her stride, although the hospital room seemed to be dusty as f**k on Saturday night when I was facetiming her and she was saying she missed her brother and said "Bring him home daddy" 😥

HSF improving a bit as antibiotics take effect. 

 

Now, gonnae, gie us a break! 🤣

best of luck to you all, ye have had some time of it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

best of luck to you all, ye have had some time of it

Thanks pal. Hope your missus is doing ok!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Thanks pal. Hope your missus is doing ok!

Aye she's fine thanks. Moanin' the face aff me though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, keithgy said:

Well the hearing could not have gone better,our daughter never showed up which helps our residency case.The social work laid out the reasons why the kids should stay under our care and not be returned to her.

Maisie's dad also was there supporting us as he is very happy with the care and love she is getting,the lay people on panel were unanimous in granting us another 12 months child protection order and also limiting the supervised contact to every fortnight as it has been of poor quality and they want to see it improving.

Now we have a proof hearing on 5th February at Falkirk Sheriff court to find out if we get full residency.

Sorry if you have previously explained this, but what's the issue with your daughter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Sorry if you have previously explained this, but what's the issue with your daughter?

Long story but in short 17th Nov 2018 she abandoned her kids in the middle of the night and they have since then been in our care.

Edited by keithgy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, keithgy said:

Long story but in short 17th Nov 2018 she abandoned her kids in the middle of the night of night and they have since then been in our care.

All credit to you for taking your grandkids on and trying to give them stability. At the same time, I do hope your daughter is getting the help and care she clearly needs too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, keithgy said:

Well the hearing could not have gone better,our daughter never showed up which helps our residency case.The social work laid out the reasons why the kids should stay under our care and not be returned to her.

Maisie's dad also was there supporting us as he is very happy with the care and love she is getting,the lay people on panel were unanimous in granting us another 12 months child protection order and also limiting the supervised contact to every fortnight as it has been of poor quality and they want to see it improving.

Now we have a proof hearing on 5th February at Falkirk Sheriff court to find out if we get full residency.

I told you that you were home in a boat!

:thumsup2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I see. I still think 12 months is shit. Kids need stability ffs :(

It's all about balancing rights and responsibilities. And, let's be blunt, Keith and his wife aren't in the first flush of youth. By the time these two bairns are at the tearaway teenager stage Keith and June will be into their 60s, no?

I take my hats off to them, they are doing a selfless job, more power to their elbow(s), but we were phased out of fostering when we were in our 50s. 

If we hadn't adopted our daughter when we did it is more than likely that she would no longer be here, the only reason we still had the young adult we cared for until he was 22 was because they had no place for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

No. 2 arrived today at 11:36am. Orla Margaret. Like her sister she needed the suction cup to get out but mum n daughter are doing well. Looked back at this post because she is the spit of her big sister (if the old pic loads).

IMG-20200110-WA0004.jpeg

Congratulations! Going from 1 to 2 is the biggest jump, enjoy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

No. 2 arrived today at 11:36am. Orla Margaret. Like her sister she needed the suction cup to get out but mum n daughter are doing well. Looked back at this post because she is the spit of her big sister (if the old pic loads).

IMG-20200110-WA0004.jpeg

Congrats :thumsup2 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

No. 2 arrived today at 11:36am. Orla Margaret. Like her sister she needed the suction cup to get out but mum n daughter are doing well. Looked back at this post because she is the spit of her big sister (if the old pic loads).

IMG-20200110-WA0004.jpeg

Congratulations! 😍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Congratulations! Going from 1 to 2 is the biggest jump, enjoy!

I thought 0 to 1 took most adjustment tbh. By no. 3, well she just kinda had to get on with it 😂 

Congratulstions QoS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...