Pregnancy And Parenting

I'm now confirmed as a dad! Chloe was born on the 9th of August weighing in at 8.9lbs, bit late on posting this as have been kept mega busy with her. 

Chip off the block with this

HFlmVah.jpg

I was absolutely not expecting labour to be the way it was, the missus must have been in labour for over 36hrs, we spent about three days awake, two of which spent in the hospital. It was so stressful watching her go through it, she went from "just gonna have gas and air" to "gimme the fucken drugs!" in the space of a couple of hours. After the Epidural, all was well... For a while at least. Epidural lines breaking and drugs running out later it ended up being a forceps birth due to the position and size and me wearing scrubs in the theatre looking and feeling like something out of Grey's anatomy. Didn't take long for her to arrive after that and what a relief to just see/hear her after hours of listening to the speed of her heartbeat go up and down. The hospital pretty much let me hang about as long as I wanted afterwards, but had to drive home at around 4am on the Monday as I felt like I was starting to see things, that was definitely the deepest sleep I've had. 

It's still absolutely surreal that we have this little human and in charge of looking after her, thank f**k the missus seems to know what she is doing as I have no clue. 

Name Children
Stewarty Mac 1
Pollymac 1
Skyline Drifter 2
Napolean Dynamite 1
Half A Person 1

The Chief (Hamilton Aca) 1
Ebanda's Handyman 1
Reading Saintee 2
Haitch 1
Reina 2
nelsjfc 2
MB 1
G_Man1985 2
Ceske 1
f_c_dundee 1
seamus 1
Waspie 2
Cargen Qos 1
Hey! Ho! Jambo! 1
LOL @ Celtic 1
lichtie23 3
endieinreekie 1
BigBadSaint 1
Suspect Device 1
Thundermonkey 1
gypoarmy 1
savagecabbage 1
bairnPunter 1
walter fitz gilbert 1
Whistle Blower 1
chico 1
Mozza Mozza 1
Gnash 2
die hard doonhamer 3
rajpelt 1
RH33 2
Mallo_Madrid 2
Shuggie_Murray7 3
bobby carlos 2
paisley saints 1
Adam & Lisa Cuddy 1
greenockraver 1
gingapar 1
diamonds2002 2
Adolfo Rios 1
Swarley 2
Tynierose 1
Polomoney 1
one m in Motherwell 1
kanadia 1
Uncle Physchosis 1
ditots 1
Addie 2
CooCoothenoo 1
baillieinleeds 1
groaninjock 1
Mr.Blue 1
Gaz 3
Fife saint 1
madwullie 2
11thHour 1
MB 1
Raithie 1
Stagmaster 1
pandarilla 2
Nkomo-A-Gogo 2
CLANCY2KTID 1
1888bhoy67 3
Jamie_Beatson 2
el buitre 2
RaithRyan 1
The Wolf 1
Greenlantern 1
deadasdillinger 1
energyzone 2
mozam76 1
scottsdad 1
KiwiDB 2
Steven Seagal* 1
lightscamera 2
carpetmonster 1
Le Tout P'ti FC 1
Bobby Skidmarks 2
Gaz 2
Heed 1
We Are Elgin 2
Nelly'78 1
stimpy 1
weirdcal 2
Scary Bear 3
milton75 1
Dee Dee 2
sparky88 1
Desp 1
8MileBU 1
The Ginger Prince 2
gav-ffc 1
pub car king 2
KnightswoodBear 3
DarkBlue62 2
RoversMad 1
HMFC Mitchy 1
Deefiant 3
11thHour 2
Ando 3
Penny Lane 1
Bambino7 2
K.T. 1
SlipperyP 3
banana 2
Sweet Pete 2
Anonymous Spider 1
Glen Medieros 1
Bear in Sweden 2
the snudge 1
Septentrional Wasp 2
Scotty79 1
jmothecat 2
mattydfc93 1
streetwisehercules 1
ally 2
Adamski 2
LoonsYouthTeam 1
sjc 1
Honest Saints Fan &Rugster 2
Bairnardo 2
Saigon Raider 2
steelmen 1
Ayrshire-SFC 1
Dicko23 1
StandFree03 1
spacekid84 1
19QOS19 2
Tartantony 2
mcintyre_gmfc 2
Wren Road 1
gkneill 2
The Woolshed 2
BigBo10 2
Tommy Nooka 1
placidcasual 1
dave.j 2
Toma_BullyWee 1
++Ammo - Airdrie++ 1
Dindeleux 1
forameus 1
Jimmy85 1
Stuarty 1
fanny paddery 1
paisleysaints 1
wellboy1991 1
The Equalizer 1
stumigo 1
EH75 1
PB1994 1
PB 4.2 1
pleslie99 1
dysartrovers 3
grumswall 1
ShaggysBeard 2
ICTChris 1
throbber 1
Disco30 1
Inanimate Carbon Rod 1
Wardy 1
Neiljb 1
K.T. 1
Ingo ohne Flamingo 1
MOrtonfc 1
Aufc 2
MP_MFC 1
Northsea80 1
.Stuart. 2
FalkirkBairn93 1
KillieCon 1
Illgresi 1
Busta Nut 1
Ross. 1
tree house tam 1
MixuFruit 1
Salvo Montalbano 1
Crawford Bridge 1
JamesP_81 1
thistledo 1
Total 257

45 minutes ago, thistledo said:

I'm now confirmed as a dad! Chloe was born on the 9th of August weighing in at 8.9lbs, bit late on posting this as have been kept mega busy with her. 

Chip off the block with this

HFlmVah.jpg

I was absolutely not expecting labour to be the way it was, the missus must have been in labour for over 36hrs, we spent about three days awake, two of which spent in the hospital. It was so stressful watching her go through it, she went from "just gonna have gas and air" to "gimme the fucken drugs!" in the space of a couple of hours. After the Epidural, all was well... For a while at least. Epidural lines breaking and drugs running out later it ended up being a forceps birth due to the position and size and me wearing scrubs in the theatre looking and feeling like something out of Grey's anatomy. Didn't take long for her to arrive after that and what a relief to just see/hear her after hours of listening to the speed of her heartbeat go up and down. The hospital pretty much let me hang about as long as I wanted afterwards, but had to drive home at around 4am on the Monday as I felt like I was starting to see things, that was definitely the deepest sleep I've had. 

It's still absolutely surreal that we have this little human and in charge of looking after her, thank f**k the missus seems to know what she is doing as I have no clue. 

Many congratulations mate. Definitely calls for a KEBAB MAHAL!!! x

On 14/08/2020 at 18:55, robosaintee said:

That's me and the wife expecting our first. Baby boy due on 1st November.

It's been a long road for us! We've been trying to get pregnant for about 3 years. One NHS cycle of IVF failed and we would have had to go private if we wanted to try again. The wife was burst after that IVF. They only managed to get one egg, beat the odds to get as far as getting the egg implanted but pregnancy was lost after a couple of weeks. Heart wrenching.

Had started to look into adoption as we were thinking it might not happen for us.

Then January this year she had blinding pains one evening which was put down to an ovarian cyst breaking and they booked her in for a gyno scan. She went up for that In February and was told that they were not sure what caused the pain, everything looked fine and they suspected she was in the very early stages of pregnancy! Bought a few pregnancy tests on the way home from work and right enough, she was pregnant!

Pregnancy has been a piece of piss so far, no morning sickness at all and all going to plan! 29 weeks now and she's always been slim so her bump is massive now. Never got to any scans or appointments up until the last midwife appointment which was shit but managed to get a private scan at about 20 weeks which was brilliant. Staggered at how much you could see.

The one thing I would say is the amount of times we've been asked "when are you going to have children" and "it'll be your turn next" type comments since we got married is unbelievable. I know folk don't mean anything by it but when you are having problems getting pregnant you cant help but die inside a wee bit everytime it's mentioned.

All the antenatal classes are online and got given the info about them at our last midwife appointment on thursday so will have a look at them this weekend.

Exciting times!

Catching up on this thread a bit. Massive congratulations. I mind when my missus told me she'd just taken a test and it came back saying she was pregnant. I think I said "wow" and stood up to give her a hug and a kiss. She definitely told me to f**k off. Guessing it might have been a wee bit different for you two!

When my missus found out she was knocked up she took about ten tests just to make sure.  ClearBlue's share price must've jumped that month.

Does anyone have any experience of teaching young kids how to read?  My wife has bought some phonics cards for my wee boy and he's started to point out letters in stories we read and identify them.  I don't want to ruin story time by turning it into a lesson though.

17 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

When my missus found out she was knocked up she took about ten tests just to make sure.  ClearBlue's share price must've jumped that month.

Does anyone have any experience of teaching young kids how to read?  My wife has bought some phonics cards for my wee boy and he's started to point out letters in stories we read and identify them.  I don't want to ruin story time by turning it into a lesson though.

You old romantic you.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

You can’t/won’t ruin story time that way. Once he’s recognising letters and their sounds, it starts falling into place. My 11 year old started with Ben and Holly books (Ben is a piece of piss to sound out and put together) and it was fairly plain sailing from there.  As he starts to get the idea, he’ll be so proud of himself. That’s not spoiling story time at all. 

Youngest stepdaughter was informed on Friday that the taxi contract had been cancelled - presumably by the education authority - and the taxi wouldn't be there on Tuesday for Noah. (He's off the day as it's a bank holiday). So at the moment she doesn't know what's happening tomorrow.

Something similar happened before and everything got sorted at the last minute, so presumably it'll be allright. But if she has to take him to Belfast looks like I'll be pulled in to get the other two to school.

On 31/08/2020 at 10:56, Ross. said:

Catching up on this thread a bit. Massive congratulations. I mind when my missus told me she'd just taken a test and it came back saying she was pregnant. I think I said "wow" and stood up to give her a hug and a kiss. She definitely told me to f**k off. Guessing it might have been a wee bit different for you two!

We live in Dundee but I work in Perth. She phoned me before I finished work and I must admit to not remembering much of the drive home and I cannae even mind what I said to her when I got home 😅

We are pretty much organised. Just need to get a bag packed for when labour starts l. 31 weeks now so hopefully not too soon!

The wife has been struggling to sleep the past couple of weeks and is starting to get a bit uncomfortable in general now. My hilarious jokes about it being fine for her to sit down and relax and she can catch up with the housework and Hoovering once the baby comes are going down a storm.

2 hours ago, robosaintee said:

We live in Dundee but I work in Perth. She phoned me before I finished work and I must admit to not remembering much of the drive home and I cannae even mind what I said to her when I got home 😅

We are pretty much organised. Just need to get a bag packed for when labour starts l. 31 weeks now so hopefully not too soon!

The wife has been struggling to sleep the past couple of weeks and is starting to get a bit uncomfortable in general now. My hilarious jokes about it being fine for her to sit down and relax and she can catch up with the housework and Hoovering once the baby comes are going down a storm.

The next 9 or so weeks will pass in no time, and the labour will be a piece of piss, at least for one of you... 

I actually slept through most of it. Drove her to the hospital at 4am, had to wait in the car for a couple of hours while they confirmed she was far enough into labour that they were going to keep her in, sat about until mid afternoon in the room beside her with not much happening, then woke up at the business end of things about 5 minutes before he popped out.

Still a serious risk of violence when I joke about it clearly not being that bad if the noise wasn’t enough to waken me.