Pregnancy And Parenting

Had his second round of vaccinations yesterday, today was not a good day! Seems to have settled a little now and finally sleeping.
Still having issues with his skin. Having to use some cortisone cream on the backs of his knees and inside of his elbows, 3 days with that then a week off with just “normal” cream. Hoping it eventually clears up but the last month or so, after the 7 days of no cortisone it looks raw in the worst affected areas.
Do you have Aveno cream/body wash over there? My eldest has my awful skin, really dry, can go red with certain soap/playing in grass. She scratched a lot as well (without complaining I should credit) and tbh still does on warm nights while she's sleeping.

But overall that stuff made a massive difference.

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Do you have Aveno cream/body wash over there? My eldest has my awful skin, really dry, can go red with certain soap/playing in grass. She scratched a lot as well (without complaining I should credit) and tbh still does on warm nights while she's sleeping.

But overall that stuff made a massive difference.

Will have a look for it and see if it helps.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

First day of school for BB1. Just unfortunate that I had a lot of onions to chop this morning and folk are going to think I am shedding a tear.

Enjoy it. Look out for bits of grit in the wind as you turn away from the school later.

Anyone else feel dodgy about sending them back to school? My girlfriends immune system is awful and this virus will absolutely kill her if she's exposed to it, and as much as I'm absolutely delighted to have 2 of them out of the way for a few hours a day I'm not sure if it's worth the risk. 

I can see another lockdown being inevitable. We took them out of school 2 weeks before everything got shut down and I really don't feel comfortable sending them in there at all. My pal is a teacher and she's less than pleased about the whole thing, especially since she's been told she isn't allowed to wear a mask. 

I don't know, maybe I'm just a big fearty.

2 minutes ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

Anyone else feel dodgy about sending them back to school? My girlfriends immune system is awful and this virus will absolutely kill her if she's exposed to it, and as much as I'm absolutely delighted to have 2 of them out of the way for a few hours a day I'm not sure if it's worth the risk. 

I can see another lockdown being inevitable. We took them out of school 2 weeks before everything got shut down and I really don't feel comfortable sending them in there at all. My pal is a teacher and she's less than pleased about the whole thing, especially since she's been told she isn't allowed to wear a mask. 

Can’t lie and say I’m entirely comfortable with it. Slightly apprehensive. Like you said though, maybe I’m just a big fearty too.

46 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Can’t lie and say I’m entirely comfortable with it. Slightly apprehensive. Like you said though, maybe I’m just a big fearty too.

I'd rather be a shitebag than negligent when it comes to the weans. 

Anyway, that's my youngest just got his place in nursery. Ridiculously late start as he turned 4 this year and I've got the fear at the hours listed because I'm used to spending every minute of the day with him, but im very happy. 

Phase 2 is making sure they communicate when they see how glaringly obvious it is that he is not at all suited to a "mainstream" school

1 hour ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

specially since she's been told she isn't allowed to wear a mask.

This isn't right. Get her to speak to her Union rep.

We're allowed to wear masks if we want, indeed I've been wearing one when maintaining social distancing is impossible, both around pupils and staff.

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

This isn't right. Get her to speak to her Union rep.

We're allowed to wear masks if we want, indeed I've been wearing one when maintaining social distancing is impossible, both around pupils and staff.

Aye I told her that seemed dodgy when she mentioned it. I'll need to ask for an update but she's not the type to blindly do what she's been told when it goes against everything that we've been advised to do for months

9 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

First day of school for BB1. Just unfortunate that I had a lot of onions to chop this morning and folk are going to think I am shedding a tear.

Were you a bit overawed by all the big boys and girls in the playground when you dropped her off? 

6 hours ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

My immune system is also shite. I've put our 2 back. Youngest has been back at nursery 2 weeks now. So far so good. I'm nervous but had to be done as we are both working from home and it's getting harder by the day to keep them entertained and work. 

I'm hoping with most people's hygiene improved, kids constantly washing hands, toys being cleaned at nursery etc there will be less chance to pick up bugs. Maybe I'm just being optimistic 😅

15 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

My immune system is also shite. I've put our 2 back. Youngest has been back at nursery 2 weeks now. So far so good. I'm nervous but had to be done as we are both working from home and it's getting harder by the day to keep them entertained and work. 

I'm hoping with most people's hygiene improved, kids constantly washing hands, toys being cleaned at nursery etc there will be less chance to pick up bugs. Maybe I'm just being optimistic 😅

Glad to see you're doing alright (I assume). Noticed you pop up here and there over the last few years on various things. 

But aye, as for hygiene... I sat and spoke to my 2 older boys on the way to school yesterday about keeping on top of things, not touching shite you find lying about and all that gear.

Literally seconds later the one who I was giving the talk to (oldest is sound. Knows the score) sticks his fingers up his nose then fucking eats it. 

What's the point?

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Were you a bit overawed by all the big boys and girls in the playground when you dropped her off? 

Great success. She had a great day, got some cracking photos and her teacher is a very nice lassie, and also a wid 😎

13 hours ago, Raidernation said:

As long as it’s not someone else’s nose and another then I think you’re ok emoji1785.pngemoji15.png

Had to ask him last night if he would stick a finger in his shite and eat that because it's the same thing to me.

Weans are boggin.

I must say this is an excellent cook book for family, child friendly meals:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/What-Mummy-Makes-Cook-just/dp/0241455154/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=what+mummy+makes+cookbook&qid=1597405947&sprefix=what&sr=8-1

Don’t let the childish name of the book fool you. 

That's me and the wife expecting our first. Baby boy due on 1st November.
It's been a long road for us! We've been trying to get pregnant for about 3 years. One NHS cycle of IVF failed and we would have had to go private if we wanted to try again. The wife was burst after that IVF. They only managed to get one egg, beat the odds to get as far as getting the egg implanted but pregnancy was lost after a couple of weeks. Heart wrenching.
Had started to look into adoption as we were thinking it might not happen for us.
Then January this year she had blinding pains one evening which was put down to an ovarian cyst breaking and they booked her in for a gyno scan. She went up for that In February and was told that they were not sure what caused the pain, everything looked fine and they suspected she was in the very early stages of pregnancy! Bought a few pregnancy tests on the way home from work and right enough, she was pregnant!
Pregnancy has been a piece of piss so far, no morning sickness at all and all going to plan! 29 weeks now and she's always been slim so her bump is massive now. Never got to any scans or appointments up until the last midwife appointment which was shit but managed to get a private scan at about 20 weeks which was brilliant. Staggered at how much you could see.
The one thing I would say is the amount of times we've been asked "when are you going to have children" and "it'll be your turn next" type comments since we got married is unbelievable. I know folk don't mean anything by it but when you are having problems getting pregnant you cant help but die inside a wee bit everytime it's mentioned.
All the antenatal classes are online and got given the info about them at our last midwife appointment on thursday so will have a look at them this weekend.
Exciting times!

Congratulations! Similar to our story. We were trying for 4 years before going down the IVF route. We only had one shot through the NHS due to our ages and we only managed to get 2 eggs. They reckoned our chance of it working was somewhere around 5-10%.

Both eggs were fertilised and implanted and one was successful.