Pregnancy And Parenting

37 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Have any of you tried cutting out dairy? My middle one had no top layer of skin her eczema was so bad. Took out dairy and she heeled up. Gets wee flair ups now and then.

That's my next step. We've had many steriods, moisturisers, ointments for the bath. GP says he will grow out of it but I'm not so sure. The Health Visitor says she will refer us to the skin clinic at the hospital too.

How are everyone's kids coping with this situation? Our eldest (3) seemed to be ok but the last 2 weeks have been pretty hellish at times. The number of times we've had to repeat ourselves/tell her off is unreal. I think in the last fortnight we've told her off more than the last 3 years. She's always been a great sleeper but for a few weeks now she's been randomly getting up during the night pretty upset. Tonight she's been really upset, with tears streaming saying she misses her nana and wants this bad cough to go away. Pretty hard to see. We've been militant up to this point and she's had no physical contact with anyone other than us the entire time but it's clearly effecting her; she is a really affectionate wee soul and loves cuddles. My wife and I have been discussing it and I think if this continues (and the death rates continue to stay low) then on July 10th we will allow grandparents to have a cuddle. Add in that the wee one (6 months) has burst into tears a couple of times when grandparents have been in the garden, I really think it's a 'risk' we need to take :(

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

How are everyone's kids coping with this situation? Our eldest (3) seemed to be ok but the last 2 weeks have been pretty hellish at times. The number of times we've had to repeat ourselves/tell her off is unreal. I think in the last fortnight we've told her off more than the last 3 years. She's always been a great sleeper but for a few weeks now she's been randomly getting up during the night pretty upset. Tonight she's been really upset, with tears streaming saying she misses her nana and wants this bad cough to go away. Pretty hard to see. We've been militant up to this point and she's had no physical contact with anyone other than us the entire time but it's clearly effecting her; she is a really affectionate wee soul and loves cuddles. My wife and I have been discussing it and I think if this continues (and the death rates continue to stay low) then on July 10th we will allow grandparents to have a cuddle. Add in that the wee one (6 months) has burst into tears a couple of times when grandparents have been in the garden, I really think it's a 'risk' we need to take :(

We allowed my parents to have cuddles last weekend, my older 2 went to theirs for a sleepover last night. My wife's mum is shielding though, so she hasn't got to cuddle them yet and we're being a bit stricter there.

Our youngest (8 months) is the one that it's probably had the biggest affect on, she's very very clingy to us, though it has improved even since last weekend.

15 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Both kids been fine.

Oldest be quite happy not going back to school.

Youngest goes on switch and plays with pals but seeing his pals at school will be good for him.

Last weekend I decided to go into my parents house and for me felt it was the correct decision. It's me who has been out working with the general public so spoke to parents about it quite a bit before we decided the time was right we felt to go indoors. Kids arent really cuddly with there grandparents but just to be around them was good, certainly with my oldest.

For me it is when they go back to school and a change of routine again I fear.

My oldest who has dual autism / adhd isnt too fussed about it all but the knock on affect when he has to change routine i dont look forward to.

Just take each day as it comes. 

Big day tomorrow for this one, back to school since February 15th. She wasn’t well, then had the saliva glands out, then lockdown, so fingers crossed she adapts back into her routine 

3EFB65F7-C501-4598-9321-5171D6CD3D31.jpeg

9 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

Big day tomorrow for this one, back to school since February 15th. She wasn’t well, then had the saliva glands out, then lockdown, so fingers crossed she adapts back into her routine 

3EFB65F7-C501-4598-9321-5171D6CD3D31.jpeg

Keep on keeping on! :thumsup2

3EFB65F7-C501-4598-9321-5171D6CD3D31.jpeg.61068439c6db3c5f2de1bc4e70013834.jpeg
You remind me of a slightly more weathered Jim Goodwin. It's a strong look in all honesty.

Grandson nr 6 has a hospital appointment tomorrow. He's low on haemoglobin (spelling?) and low on vitamin B*. He's white as a ghost and thin as a rake, he's just skin and bones. Getting him to eat anything is a fighting match, he basically survives on crisps and toast.

* Vitamin B12, it is he's low on. As I type, still in hospital.

Edited by Jacksgranda

Now school is finished i expect it to get a bit easier and she can see her friends so that’s good. Roll on sleepovers being allowed to give us a break!

I just hope when school goes back she can get back to doing gymnastics etc as she’s missed that more than anything else.

Thought this might be of interest - its a cookbook for babies and young kids.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/What-Mummy-Makes-Cook-just/dp/0241455154/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1WP79GYE407Z2&dchild=1&keywords=what+mummy+makes+cookbook&qid=1593458678&sprefix=what+mumm%2Caps%2C168&sr=8-1

I cant vouch for the recipes but the author is the wife of a friend

5 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Thought this might be of interest - its a cookbook for babies and young kids.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/What-Mummy-Makes-Cook-just/dp/0241455154/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1WP79GYE407Z2&dchild=1&keywords=what+mummy+makes+cookbook&qid=1593458678&sprefix=what+mumm%2Caps%2C168&sr=8-1

I cant vouch for the recipes but the author is the wife of a friend

I follow her on instagram. Tried some of the recipes. They are good. 

18 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Grandson nr 6 has a hospital appointment tomorrow. He's low on haemoglobin (spelling?) and low on vitamin B*. He's white as a ghost and thin as a rake, he's just skin and bones. Getting him to eat anything is a fighting match, he basically survives on crisps and toast.

* Vitamin B12, it is he's low on. As I type, still in hospital.

He's getting admitted tomorrow and being put on a drip (probably). Jacksgranny is convinced social services will take him away and put him into care, blaming his mother for not feeding him properly. I can't see it myself, although they will no doubt get involved. There is a mountain of evidence that she has been seeking help for this problem for years, it's not as if she's witholding food from him, her other two eat everything that's put in front of them, I think it has something to do with his autism.

"Have you tried beans on toast?" "Have you tried scrambled eggs on toast?" "No, I never thought of that!" F*** me, what do you think? 

He's been a poor eater for years but it seems to have accelerated, maybe lockdown has knocked him completely off his way of going.

54 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Hope he gets sorted out in the short term and they think of something to do longer term, must be a terrible worry for his parents.

His father blames his mother - "too soft" - so, no, it's only a worry for one parent, the other one is too worried about his own image, imo.

He's getting admitted tomorrow and being put on a drip (probably). Jacksgranny is convinced social services will take him away and put him into care, blaming his mother for not feeding him properly. I can't see it myself, although they will no doubt get involved. There is a mountain of evidence that she has been seeking help for this problem for years, it's not as if she's witholding food from him, her other two eat everything that's put in front of them, I think it has something to do with his autism.
"Have you tried beans on toast?" "Have you tried scrambled eggs on toast?" "No, I never thought of that!" F*** me, what do you think? 
He's been a poor eater for years but it seems to have accelerated, maybe lockdown has knocked him completely off his way of going.

That sounds worrying.

All the best, mate.