Pregnancy And Parenting

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

No. 1 before. Oldest is away to turn 12 on Wednesday

That means he was born in 2008, before this thread started. I'm going to have to take a point off. :o

To ensure sporting integrity I am  going to have to ask you for their dates of birth.

ETA: I've misread your post. As you were.

Edited by Jacksgranda

54 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Aye, I know (that's where your 6 grandchildren have come from, I'm assuming...) but they miss the cut off point for inclusion by about 25 years...

Aye ok, point taken 😂

16 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Missed me, I've got one too!

Don't know how that happened. Amended accordingly.

ETA: I remember thinking as I came near the end "I must go back and change Mixu's name to his new one". Obviously I never did that as if I had have done I would have noticed you weren't even there under your old name...

Edited by Jacksgranda
Update

1 hour ago, sjc said:

Top work @Jacksgranda

This is undoubtedly the best and most heart warmingly unifying thread on the entire site.

Yes, it's usually very good, very "together". I suppose it's a happy topic, but all footballing and political differences are put aside.

Another thread that falls into this category is the Depression thread, although the topic is not so happy and I suppose you don't venture in there unless you're depressed/seeking help.

ETA: Another friendly thread is the Quiz thread.

Edited by Jacksgranda

5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Yes, it's usually very good, very "together". I suppose it's a happy topic, but all footballing and political differences are put aside.

Another thread that falls into this category is the Depression thread, although the topic is not so happy and I suppose you don't venture in there unless you're depressed/seeking help.

I agree. Though I do read every post in the depression thread, not that I’m feeling down or needing help thankfully but you never know when a post might resonate with you and you can offer some advice. 

5 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I agree. Though I do read every post in the depression thread, not that I’m feeling down or needing help thankfully but you never know when a post might resonate with you and you can offer some advice. 

Do that myself. Well I dip in and out, so I suppose I read them all at some point. I sometimes read it just to remind myself how lucky I am, which is probably not the right reason for reading it!

Edited by Jacksgranda
missed out a word - it's my age, you know

1 hour ago, Raidernation said:

Only one of my granddaughters will count, she was born December 2011. Other was March 2007.
Happy to help out such a fantastic project.
emoji1696.png

Thanks Papa Nick. Keeps the thread honest! :lol:,

Children and grandchildren lists - serious business!

2 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Although I wish it was 2 I’m only a Grandad to 1.

Another honest man! Thanks.

Many years ago I was telling Jack something and he just turned round and said "You are telling lies, Granda".

Edited by Jacksgranda

5 minutes ago, RH33 said:

My morning was started with a bollocking from my 7 yr old that I hadn’t bought pain au chocolate 🙄🤷‍♀️

Similarly, my 6 year old is currently in a huff because she finished the bagels yesterday.

Edited by die hard doonhamer

8 minutes ago, RH33 said:

My morning was started with a bollocking from my 7 yr old that I hadn’t bought pain au chocolate 🙄🤷‍♀️

Proper order. Ours seem to have gone off that recently. Maybe the next wave will pick up the slack...

Has anyone had word from their child’s school about how they plan to work things in August? A friend of mine has been told that her son will be in 2 days/week. I’m guessing that’ll be quite standard, although I’m kind of hoping we might get more as the class sizes in my daughter’s school are pretty small.

My partner and I both work full time. Not sure how we’ll work it if childcare facilities remain out of action.

3 minutes ago, Adamski said:

Has anyone had word from their child’s school about how they plan to work things in August? A friend of mine has been told that her son will be in 2 days/week. I’m guessing that’ll be quite standard, although I’m kind of hoping we might get more as the class sizes in my daughter’s school are pretty small.

My partner and I both work full time. Not sure how we’ll work it if childcare facilities remain out of action.

Our local council (Perth & Kinross) had a poll on their Facebook last week asking if parents would prefer week on/week off or 2/3 days a week. The 2/3 days a week was comfortably the popular choice, so assume that's what we'll get. Not heard anything more than that though.