Pregnancy And Parenting

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

Need to have another go at swaddling. Last few attempts I have had he has managed to wriggle free. Should probably do it a little tighter.

Don't do it too tight!

Need to have another go at swaddling. Last few attempts I have had he has managed to wriggle free. Should probably do it a little tighter.
You can buy blankets that' are shaped to spend themselves to it. Swaddle pods if memory serves, or something similar. Look into them. I couldnt do it worth a f**k with a blanket.

31 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You can buy blankets that' are shaped to spend themselves to it. Swaddle pods if memory serves, or something similar. Look into them. I couldnt do it worth a f**k with a blanket.

These things - https://www.target.com/p/miracle-blanket-swaddle-wrap-lattice-coral/-/A-79482964

They're halfway between a sleeping bag and a straitjacket. We had one and it worked. 

1 minute ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

They don't write the sex down at Raigmore hospital. Even in these corona circumstances. They need to show you why they came to the conclusion that baby is a boy/girl and can't do that if they are writing it down. 

That’s a pain in the dick. I’m not that bothered about finding out but the gf wants to. Didn’t find out last time and it was more exciting on the day not knowing what to expect.

That’s a pain in the dick. I’m not that bothered about finding out but the gf wants to. Didn’t find out last time and it was more exciting on the day not knowing what to expect.
My wife had her 20 week scan last friday. She didnt want to find out without me so they updated her online notes and she waited til she got home to read them.
Think she has an app where all her scans and checkups get updated.

9 hours ago, Qos91 said:

My wife had her 20 week scan last friday. She didnt want to find out without me so they updated her online notes and she waited til she got home to read them.
Think she has an app where all her scans and checkups get updated.

There’s still something a little bit insincere about opening up an app or a website and scrolling to the gender reveal part. The opening of an envelope is far more exciting IMO. I’ve told my Mrs she can find out and just not tell me, I can’t see that working out either though. 

9 hours ago, keithgy said:

Well that didn't last,least i can laugh about it.

Aye you’re not doing the normal thing, but you’re both doing the right thing, respect 

Really pulling my hair out with this, not sure how many are in the same boat? 

Daughter is 2 next month and since the start of the year I can seriously count on one hand how many times she has slept past midnight. Its just turned half 10 and she's up screaming already 😭. Before we used to be bad at just bringing her into bed and unfortunately I think this is coming to bite us. In her near 2 years she's only slept a full night a couple of times 🙄

Any pointers would be much appreciated!! 

55 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Really pulling my hair out with this, not sure how many are in the same boat? 

Daughter is 2 next month and since the start of the year I can seriously count on one hand how many times she has slept past midnight. Its just turned half 10 and she's up screaming already 😭. Before we used to be bad at just bringing her into bed and unfortunately I think this is coming to bite us. In her near 2 years she's only slept a full night a couple of times 🙄

Any pointers would be much appreciated!! 

No advice, sorry! Oldest sleeps like an absolute dream and gets upset if she can't have a lie in (is she actually 3 or 15!). Youngest wakes up anywhere between 5am and 6.30am every morning. Will not go back to sleep once awake. Why so opposite 😭

On 06/05/2020 at 20:56, Ross. said:

1 month in. Mostly going well. Only real issue is that he won’t sleep unless one of us is holding him. Bed time is a fucking killer now as a result. Generally I will take him from around 8pm until midnight so that Jennifer can get a kip, then she will take him until he is fed at around 4am, then whichever of us feels least worst takes the next few hours. Works while I am able to work from home but when they recall us to the office I doubt I will manage. Anyone had this before?

Yes, I had this, well I suppose still do.
Kaitlyn is two months on Wed. She's just had her jags and that seems to have upset the rhythm we had goin. First 4 weeks or so I was up til 2/3am and then the Missus would take over as she is breast feeding. We had it sorted that she would sleep from 10pm or before in her crib getting up once maybe twice for a feed. bit that's a bit off just now. She's a bit restless then eventually goes down.

7 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Yes, I had this, well I suppose still do.
Kaitlyn is two months on Wed. She's just had her jags and that seems to have upset the rhythm we had goin. First 4 weeks or so I was up til 2/3am and then the Missus would take over as she is breast feeding. We had it sorted that she would sleep from 10pm or before in her crib getting up once maybe twice for a feed. bit that's a bit off just now. She's a bit restless then eventually goes down.

Think he is due is his first round of jags in a week or so. At least we have no rhythm to break. Noticing that his sleeping pattern seems to alternate day to day. One day he spends most of it asleep, only waking up for a feed every 3 hours or so, the following day he is a tad unsettled and sleeps a lot less. I assume this is normal behaviour.

5 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Any advice for an 18 month old who is being a wee besom at dinner time? He eats his breakfast and lunch fine but dinner is just half an hour of him wailing and thrashing and pushing away food and spitting it down his front till we've finally got him sort of fed. Been like this for about a week.

The only thing I could get to work was reading him a book he really likes and shovelling it while he was distracted....

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

Any advice for an 18 month old who is being a wee besom at dinner time? He eats his breakfast and lunch fine but dinner is just half an hour of him wailing and thrashing and pushing away food and spitting it down his front till we've finally got him sort of fed. Been like this for about a week.

Maisie is 3 and a very lazy eater,sometimes she just pushes it away saying me no like it.But if make a game out of it she eats a lot better.