Pregnancy And Parenting

On 14/04/2020 at 13:15, Ross. said:

1 week in. First 3 nights at home were a doddle. Yesterday and last night and I was considering withdrawing my savings and running as fast and as far as I can. Spent hours pacing the house calming him down as he wouldn’t settle being fed and winded at any point through the day and night.

Currently on the rocking chair in the spare room with him sleeping on my lap and wondering why I waited 37 years to make one of these little miracles.

Seems like it was just last week I was doing what you’re doing. Mine is 10 today though. 10 years old. 1 whole fucking decade. Wonder how much it’s cost me. 

On 16/04/2020 at 22:54, 8MileBU said:

Seems like it was just last week I was doing what you’re doing. Mine is 10 today though. 10 years old. 1 whole fucking decade. Wonder how much it’s cost me. 

That's the spirit.

Kaitlyn does nothing but greet or want to be held. Canny wait to put her down and be able to get on with things.

Here we are on Sunday past as I won the poker Tourney We have on Sunday!

Kaitlyn Poker.jpg

Edited by Busta Nut

Happy birthday to the princess, she’s set my moods and emotions for the last 9 years. Dat smile though, all that matters [emoji3059]

3FB23DE9-E582-472C-8D1F-294138DCC45A.jpeg.1beb91c317a5ebd83691449bcb79d3d3.jpeg

05764EC9-72CF-498E-A763-1FCFC4129B77.thumb.jpeg.502955a1a221ac7e1b537919b558645b.jpeg

Pretty sure I've said it before but her eyes are absolutely lovely default_smile.png

On 23/04/2020 at 19:26, Bairnardo said:

BB1 wants a telescope for her birthday. She will be 5. Can anyone tell me if theres actually any point and furthermore, if so, recommend one?

Try her out with a kaleidoscope first, used to love them at that age. 

1 month in. Mostly going well. Only real issue is that he won’t sleep unless one of us is holding him. Bed time is a fucking killer now as a result. Generally I will take him from around 8pm until midnight so that Jennifer can get a kip, then she will take him until he is fed at around 4am, then whichever of us feels least worst takes the next few hours. Works while I am able to work from home but when they recall us to the office I doubt I will manage. Anyone had this before?

1 month in. Mostly going well. Only real issue is that he won’t sleep unless one of us is holding him. Bed time is a fucking killer now as a result. Generally I will take him from around 8pm until midnight so that Jennifer can get a kip, then she will take him until he is fed at around 4am, then whichever of us feels least worst takes the next few hours. Works while I am able to work from home but when they recall us to the office I doubt I will manage. Anyone had this before?
Have you tried leaving him to cry it out? Maybe worth your time to just let him get on with it until he's fed up otherwise it'll be harder to break the cycle down the line I'd imagine. Also have you swaddled him? I absolutely swear by this and did/do it with both mine. It stopped them thrashing around and knocking the dummy out their mouth, it's toasty and I imagine they get a sense of security; even though they both went mad initially.

IMG_20200404_113143036.jpeg

12 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Have you tried leaving him to cry it out? Maybe worth your time to just let him get on with it until he's fed up otherwise it'll be harder to break the cycle down the line I'd imagine. Also have you swaddled him? I absolutely swear by this and did/do it with both mine. It stopped them thrashing around and knocking the dummy out their mouth, it's toasty and I imagine they get a sense of security; even though they both went mad initially.

IMG_20200404_113143036.jpeg

Need to have another go at swaddling. Last few attempts I have had he has managed to wriggle free. Should probably do it a little tighter.

If we want to find out the sex of the child at 20 week scan will they write it down on a piece of paper for us seeing as though I won’t be allowed at the scan and it’s a bit unfair to find out at different times?

Need to have another go at swaddling. Last few attempts I have had he has managed to wriggle free. Should probably do it a little tighter.

Don't be afraid to do it really tight. My Mrs didn't like to do whereas I had them done up like a mummy. They would be a bit irate to start with but they definitely do like it. Just make sure there is plenty of room around the neck.
If we want to find out the sex of the child at 20 week scan will they write it down on a piece of paper for us seeing as though I won’t be allowed at the scan and it’s a bit unfair to find out at different times?

They wouldn't do it for either of ours. First one my wife didn't want to know the sex but I did so they sent her our. Second scan I was in Glasgow so my mother-in-law was with my wife. They wouldn't write it on a piece of paper for my MIL but instead mouthed the sex and she had to write it down for us.

I don't know if the current circumstances will change this because it is harsh on the dads. But even still, they may still need to protect themselves incase they write down the 'wrong' sex.

21 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Don't be afraid to do it really tight. My Mrs didn't like to do whereas I had them done up like a mummy. They would be a bit irate to start with but they definitely do like it. Just make sure there is plenty of room around the neck. They wouldn't do it for either of ours. First one my wife didn't want to know the sex but I did so they sent her our. Second scan I was in Glasgow so my mother-in-law was with my wife. They wouldn't write it on a piece of paper for my MIL but instead mouthed the sex and she had to write it down for us.

I don't know if the current circumstances will change this because it is harsh on the dads. But even still, they may still need to protect themselves incase they write down the 'wrong' sex.

I was largely referring to the current circumstances , wouldn’t have thought they’d have a problem writing it down and know people who have had it done before the virus days. It doesn’t seem fair to not find out at same time though.