Pregnancy And Parenting

10 hours ago, Ross. said:

All going well today, happy with his breathing and disconnected the oxygen support as he is fine on his own now.

Nurse asked me when I was expecting his mum would be well enough to join us. Told her we’d know the results of the covid-19 test this afternoon. Nurse promptly disappears, 3 of them reappear in full protection, shift him to a private ward and kick me out.

Some mis-communication last night and they hadn’t realized Jennifer developed a fever during labour. Seems I shouldn’t have been allowed in to see him at all.

Ah well. Will make do with the half hour last night and 90 minutes this morning, for now.

Ah brutal mate! I remember when my son was born 13 years ago and I was kicked out 2 hours after he was born and couldn't return again until the next afternoon. That was the southern general in Glasgow. 

With my daughter was born nearly 2 years ago, I was able to stay in the room and both of us could sleep there. She stayed in an extra night however and I couldn't stay as she was moved ward so I made sure I had the best sleep ever 😂😂. That was Forth Valley in Larbert, they were busy at the time with the staff joking that their must've been a power cut 9 months before. Well I tell you what, they better keep those temporary corona hospitals open for the surge of new babies in 9 months time 😂

6 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Ah brutal mate! I remember when my son was born 13 years ago and I was kicked out 2 hours after he was born and couldn't return again until the next afternoon. That was the southern general in Glasgow. 

With my daughter was born nearly 2 years ago, I was able to stay in the room and both of us could sleep there. She stayed in an extra night however and I couldn't stay as she was moved ward so I made sure I had the best sleep ever 😂😂. That was Forth Valley in Larbert, they were busy at the time with the staff joking that their must've been a power cut 9 months before. Well I tell you what, they better keep those temporary corona hospitals open for the surge of new babies in 9 months time 😂

It is what it is right now and we expected some issues related to what’s going on. Mostly I feel sorry for Jennifer as the corona test came back negative and despite that she still isn’t allowed to see him yet. Because she had a slight fever and he is in the intensive care unit they won’t take any chances at all, she may not have covid-19 but there is a small chance the fever was caused by something else and they can’t risk it. Heartbreaking seeing her right now because of that.

Positive news is that they expect to be kicking him out of ICU tomorrow morning. Will be papping him straight in the maternity unit beside her and leaving them to it for the day. Both should be home on Friday.

Edited by Ross.

Aye. Never had skin to skin with either of my 2 immediately. Didn't hold the wee man until he was 2 days old. I also got barred from seeing him soon after as came down with a temperature (had chest infection) and an upset tummy. Hormones were all over the place too so was worrying about everything. 

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

It is what it is right now and we expected some issues related to what’s going on. Mostly I feel sorry for Jennifer as the corona test came back negative and despite that she still isn’t allowed to see him yet. Because she had a slight fever and he is in the intensive care unit they won’t take any chances at all, she may not have covid-19 but there is a small chance the fever was caused by something else and they can’t risk it. Heartbreaking seeing her right now because of that.

Positive news is that they expect to be kicking him out of ICU tomorrow morning. Will be papping him straight in the maternity unit beside her and leaving them to it for the day. Both should be home on Friday.

Good news, bud, and your Mrs will be a happy woman.  Oh and forget the 'sleepless nights' trope.  Wee weans are utterly fascinating and sleep a lot.  You'll be hoping they wake up.

7 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

She might be worrying at this point that she's not getting immediate skin to skin contact and this'll affect forming a bond with the wee one so just to reassure you this is a load of shite and she'll be fine.

I don’t think that is a major worry from her point of view, I think she is just desperate to see him. She had 5 minutes of holding him after they cleaned him up then had to watch as they connected all sorts of wires and tubes to him, shoved him in an incubator and fucked him off half an hour down the road from her(Forgive my French...). With her hormones being what they are after the last 9 months and giving birth it has been a huge kick in the c*nt.

As I said to her last night mind you, she should remember this feeling now because soon enough she’ll be telling him to f*ck off and give her peace.

9 hours ago, Ross. said:

That's good news - keep us posted.

8 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Good news, bud, and your Mrs will be a happy woman.  Oh and forget the 'sleepless nights' trope.  Wee weans are utterly fascinating and sleep a lot.  You'll be hoping they wake up.

You've obviously never met my Daughter who seems to think that sleep is overrated 😂😂

38 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

That's good news - keep us posted.

Released from intensive care about 20 minutes ago and dropped off with his mum at her ward. The ward she moved to yesterday aren’t allowing visitors so it’s just the two of them until they get out, hopefully tomorrow. I’m going to lie on the couch and enjoy one last lazy day for a very very very long time.

Seems like a nightmare Ross but if its any help, the docs and nurses I'm sure have all this in good hand. 

Before Juliana was born the doctor asked me if I wanted to tell the gender, so I had this whole joke ready for the birth where I'd be saying "they don't know what they are until they're older" but with us going from 1 midwife and a doctor to 5 midwifes and 3 doctors, one of which was the top boy and forceps etc being used and then when they eventually got her out, there was no noise or f**k all, I thought she was a still born so safe to say that joke went right out the window when the doc held her up and asked me to tell the gender! 

Thankfully she was cleaned up quick enough and the rubbed her about enough so she'd have a reaction and then we got the wee cry. After about 30 mins of them trying to heat her up a wee bit I finally got to hold her for an hour before my wife could eventually hold her. 

My first, he popped out and all good in the world. 

Judging by stories on here, all births are different, it's a traumatic entrance into the world! Though the experiences of Ruggys misses (sorry I can't remember her name) is absolutely nuts and it's a delight to hear how they've come through everything! 

3 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Released from intensive care about 20 minutes ago and dropped off with his mum at her ward. The ward she moved to yesterday aren’t allowing visitors so it’s just the two of them until they get out, hopefully tomorrow. I’m going to lie on the couch and enjoy one last lazy day for a very very very long time.

Ahh that's brilliant mate! It's definitely an indifferent time right now, a lad I know is dreading the thought of not being there for the birth as FV Royal were considering banning partners from being present for obvious reasons 😔

7 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Seems like a nightmare Ross but if its any help, the docs and nurses I'm sure have all this in good hand. 

Before Juliana was born the doctor asked me if I wanted to tell the gender, so I had this whole joke ready for the birth where I'd be saying "they don't know what they are until they're older" but with us going from 1 midwife and a doctor to 5 midwifes and 3 doctors, one of which was the top boy and forceps etc being used and then when they eventually got her out, there was no noise or f**k all, I thought she was a still born so safe to say that joke went right out the window when the doc held her up and asked me to tell the gender! 

Thankfully she was cleaned up quick enough and the rubbed her about enough so she'd have a reaction and then we got the wee cry. After about 30 mins of them trying to heat her up a wee bit I finally got to hold her for an hour before my wife could eventually hold her. 

My first, he popped out and all good in the world. 

Judging by stories on here, all births are different, it's a traumatic entrance into the world! Though the experiences of Ruggys misses (sorry I can't remember her name) is absolutely nuts and it's a delight to hear how they've come through everything! 

The birth itself was nothing like I expected, though I’m not sure what I expected anyway. Stayed well away from the business end and done a bit of handholding. A lot less noise than expected, and he was pretty quiet when he came out, though loud enough that we knew he was ok. Not sure it has all sunk in yet to be honest.

The one thing I remember is holding wee Juliana looking into her eyes and saying to my wife how crazy it is to fall in love with someone so quickly! 

Now 21 months on she's a wee monkey currently running about the livingroom with my laser measure that she managed to find (again!) 😂

Reading this is taking me right back to August 2013. Taken about 4am, his Mum was critically ill and whisked away for surgery, I was given this wee boy to hold for a bit then he was whisked away to an incubator. Eventually after a long wait both were fine and I got to go and spend time with him. Incredibly vivid memories. It all goes so bloody fast from then onwards. Screenshot_20200409_095447_com.tinybeans.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Ross. said:

The birth itself was nothing like I expected, though I’m not sure what I expected anyway. Stayed well away from the business end and done a bit of handholding. A lot less noise than expected, and he was pretty quiet when he came out, though loud enough that we knew he was ok. Not sure it has all sunk in yet to be honest.

Aye I stayed close to her but it was a long labour! She was induced mind you as we had regular scans due to a low PAP PA reading (something like that) so they thought she would stop growing inside the womb after so long but the scans didn't show anything to be alarmed at so the doctor made a decision to induce a week early whilst the going was still good. 

Tell you what, growing isn't an issue for her now! The 2 grandads who look after her during the week when we're at work are going to be shocked when they see how much she's sprouted during this lock down! 

The thing I always remember being struck with after being handed my boy was his midnight blue eyes when he was born, they've completely changed now but just as nice [emoji4]
I can distinctly remember two things about the immediate aftermath of BB1s birth.

Firstly, being absolutely convinced at first glance that she didnt have the correct number of fingers and toes, then when she was lying on top of Mrs B for skin to skin, a deeply overwhelming feeling of "oh shit what have we done".

Just looking back on my pictures. Here is my proud big brother son holding his 6 hour old sister, thankfully that bond has grown and here is them last week! 

Screenshot_20200409_101848.thumb.jpg.9591fd3abbdeebbea17f78cee7c1c9e4.jpg

Screenshot_20200409_102629.thumb.jpg.d2295a0221217180246c71bb9b23d296.jpg

She lovingly calls him Bam Bam 😂😂 and its a shame as she misses him when he's not here, each morning she gets up and goes to his bedroom door! Looking forward to getting the wee man back here tomorrow for the week 😊

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I can distinctly remember two things about the immediate aftermath of BB1s birth.

Firstly, being absolutely convinced at first glance that she didnt have the correct number of fingers and toes, then when she was lying on top of Mrs B for skin to skin, a deeply overwhelming feeling of "oh shit what have we done".

Brilliant 😂😂😂