Pregnancy And Parenting

The wean has been an absolute nightmare the last few weeks refusing to sleep in her cot and basically attached to her mum all night.

She's finally settled into her cot tonight but has immediately rolled onto her front (how she naps on me during the day) and even though I know she can roll over herself now I am pure paranoid about her forgetting this in the night.

4 hours ago, MP_MFC said:

The wean has been an absolute nightmare the last few weeks refusing to sleep in her cot and basically attached to her mum all night.

She's finally settled into her cot tonight but has immediately rolled onto her front (how she naps on me during the day) and even though I know she can roll over herself now I am pure paranoid about her forgetting this in the night.

The joys mate, as I lay here at 0340 whilst my wife is next door trying to console our 20 month old who's woke up screaming yet again, every night 😭. Honestly can count on 2 hands how many times she's slept a full night...

Just out of court and we have  been given full residency of the kids,she never turned up again.

Hate to ask the question but is that it now for the foreseeable?

Hopefully it is an the yourselves and the kids can relax safe in the knowledge they aren’t going anyway.

Is she still quite wee? We had a sleepyhead to keep our one snug and facing upwards when he was wee. Once he could roll himself back and forth we just left him to it.
She has just turned 6 months so I know everything says she is now fine so long as she can roll but it still makes ye para.

Odd one for you all. My daughter is 9 years old (almost 10). She came in with us a few nights back having had a nightmare. My wife has been keeping track of these on the calendar on her phone and she has one like clockwork - every 4 weeks. The wife says it's a hormone thing. Didn't realise this could be how it all starts.

The joys mate, as I lay here at 0340 whilst my wife is next door trying to console our 20 month old who's woke up screaming yet again, every night [emoji24]. Honestly can count on 2 hands how many times she's slept a full night...
Same boat, same age bairn. He wakes for milk still and it's not a gentle wakening it's full pelt roaring.
Annoyingly he will drink some, roll over and soon as you get comfy goes mental again for more.
He slept through last night which means we are in for a belter of a night if the last time he did it was anything to go by

Have you both tried increasing the amount of protein they get in their meals?
Mine eats everything and anything. He's fairly good at protein items too. Just far too busy to sleep. Or to stay asleep

5 hours ago, weirdcal said:

Same boat, same age bairn. He wakes for milk still and it's not a gentle wakening it's full pelt roaring.
Annoyingly he will drink some, roll over and soon as you get comfy goes mental again for more.
He slept through last night which means we are in for a belter of a night if the last time he did it was anything to go by

My daughter only drinks milk with her corn flakes, only ever liked breast milk which she got for just shy of a year. She just drinks water now but when she wakes up during the night she doesn't want a drink. 

Ended up putting her in her pram and rocked her for near 30 mins before she fell asleep at 4:30. Think she slept for 2 hours whilst I slept on the couch. Absolutely fucked for it 🙈

She went to sleep easily tonight and for some weird reason she sleeps better when I put her to bed so hopefully she'll sleep better tonight!! 

5 hours ago, RH33 said:

Have you both tried increasing the amount of protein they get in their meals?

Not a bad shout, the fact she doesn't drink milk like I said above puts her at an immediate disadvantage. 

44 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

My daughter only drinks milk with her corn flakes, only ever liked breast milk which she got for just shy of a year. She just drinks water now but when she wakes up during the night she doesn't want a drink. 

Ended up putting her in her pram and rocked her for near 30 mins before she fell asleep at 4:30. Think she slept for 2 hours whilst I slept on the couch. Absolutely fucked for it 🙈

She went to sleep easily tonight and for some weird reason she sleeps better when I put her to bed so hopefully she'll sleep better tonight!! 

Not a bad shout, the fact she doesn't drink milk like I said above puts her at an immediate disadvantage. 

My middle ones never had milk or any diary in her diet.  She’s a wee skinny mini tiny dot. 
But slept fine at that age so I’m no use beyond someone telling me when my son had bit sleep regression try more protein.

Our baby started on solids this week (well mushed up green beans and various other veg the wife makes). She’s having a tough time with the transition to real poos as opposed to the previous breast milk only poos. We’re hoping prunes will be the answer and help her out a bit.

A question for those with older kids.
My 8 yo granddaughter is beginning to act out, saying “no” when asked to do something, answering back and getting less than positive reports from school.

I should add it’s not just me that gets the behaviour.

Is this common, or a sign of something else?

Thanks in anticipation.

44 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

A question for those with older kids.
My 8 yo granddaughter is beginning to act out, saying “no” when asked to do something, answering back and getting less than positive reports from school.

I should add it’s not just me that gets the behaviour.

Is this common, or a sign of something else?

Thanks in anticipation.

Not that common but not something to be overly worried about.

My (now) 17 yo's default view on pretty-much anything is 'no' and has been since she was aged 3 or 4 and it is tedious as f**k.  My older two are quite adventurous and open to new things/places/foods/ideas but the wee yin is a right stick in the mud and 'no' is her stance on most things and it does my head in.

There is a glimmer of hope.  She and I go out an about and, recently, went for a Uni interview in Bath and she got an unconditional offer for her course.  It's the first time I have seen her excited and looking forward to something without caveats.

I just think that some weans are a slow burn.

I imagine I'll receive a lot of hate for such a post but I think I may well be one of the luckiest dick's in the world. Oldest one slept 12 hours right from the second night. We expected this one to be an absolute handful. She's almost 9 weeks now and for the last 2 weeks she's slept from 10pm - 7.30/8am without getting up once. The week before she was up once during the night because she had shit. Even then she went back down straight away and never needed a bottle.

Absolutely ruined again. Without a doubt I'll be getting the snip now!