Pregnancy And Parenting

8 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Being a grandparent just edges it for me, far more an enjoyable experience

Aye, because you know the wee sos and sos will be going home (eventually)...

7 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

But not in our case of course.

Looks like my wife will be getting sacked tomorrow,she has been called into a meeting at work and we have been told they know she cannot go back full time.

7 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

A perk yes :lol:

1 minute ago, keithgy said:

Looks like my wife will be getting sacked tomorrow,she has been called into a meeting at work and we have been told they know she cannot go back full time.

Aye Keith, exceptional circumstances, good on you both, it’s what we do 

9 hours ago, keithgy said:

No, but your great grandchildren will...

9 hours ago, keithgy said:

That's tough (although understandable from her employers point of view) - are you getting any financial help to bring them up?

On 11/03/2019 at 07:41, Jacksgranda said:

No, but your great grandchildren will...

That's tough (although understandable from her employers point of view) - are you getting any financial help to bring them up?

She has been replaced at work but not sacked as yet,we have a kinship hearing on Thursday to see if we can keep watching the kids and if we do we will get a fixed allowance every week for them.

It is £141 per child under 5.

Just now, keithgy said:

She has been replaced at work but not sacked as yet,we have a kinship hearing on Thursday to see if we can keep watching the kids and if we do we will get a fixed allowance every week for them.

That would be a bit of a help, surely? (Although I know children are costly - especially nowadays! :lol:)

Grandson nr 6's speech has come on tremendously since he went to this special school, although still a bit hard to follow at times.

ETA: Nr 5 is just back from the doctor's, he's been having a time of it this last fortnight - his asthma was playing him up, then he got conjunctivitis for which he is still getting drops, then he took a bug which gave him a high temperature and vomiting. Keep giving him calpol is the answer.* He's off his food and that's not like him, he's a good wee eater when he takes the notion.

However, the big news is he's being referred to a junior rheumatologist to check out his "sore" wrists and co. His great granny had rheumatoid arthritis, his granny has it and his mother and one of his aunts have the markers for it.

* Madeleine McCann thread for that sort of chat...

Edited by Jacksgranda

28 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Should employers not do their best to accommodate exceptional circumstances like these?

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Should employers not do their best to accommodate exceptional circumstances like these?

I think she's a school dinner lady/cook (might have picked that up wrong), so that's maybe not an option.

5 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Grandson nr 6's speech has come on tremendously since he went to this special school, although still a bit hard to follow at times.

ETA: Nr 5 is just back from the doctor's, he's been having a time of it this last fortnight - his asthma was playing him up, then he got conjunctivitis for which he is still getting drops, then he took a bug which gave him a high temperature and vomiting. Keep giving him calpol is the answer.* He's off his food and that's not like him, he's a good wee eater when he takes the notion.

However, the big news is he's being referred to a junior rheumatologist to check out his "sore" wrists and co. His great granny had rheumatoid arthritis, his granny has it and his mother and one of his aunts have the markers for it.

* Madeleine McCann thread for that sort of chat...

Aye kids can be fun, but they’re a worry most of the time 

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Particularly when they grow up...

Very true, I never understood my mother saying “I’d rather have you all back in shitty nappies” but it’s true, the worries never stop. However days like Sunday past, when your two sons take you out on the piss makes parenting bearable :lol:

Yeah Aila is like that. The other day I actually told her to be quiet because she had been talking non stop to herself and it became like a droning noise [emoji38]

Currently trying to get her used to a bed as we've taken the sides of the cot off. She goes apeshit when we leave the room and sets up a camp at the door until she falls asleep. I thought she'd love the freedom and run wild but she just cries.

Pictures below were of her falling asleep and what we walked into in the morning [emoji38]IMG_20190304_201634697.thumb.jpg.2ce9479dabd65fd6f7d087b5f2a6de78.jpgIMG_20190307_103927928.thumb.jpg.ecf989defc52cb0fa33804d5cbf323b8.jpg
That's been just over a week since we started. For the last 3 nights she's stayed in her bed from the moment we put her in until she woke up in the morning. Well, apart from tonight. There was a cup of juice on her floor and when we went up earlier the cup was in her bed. So she obviously got out of bed and rather than set up camp at the gate again, she took herself back to bed. What's even more pleasing is the fact she's learned how to open the stair gate on her bedroom door but hasn't decided to open it at night.

We really have had it easy with her. The next step is now potty training. She went on the potty about 6 months ago but my mum and I obviously went OTT with the praise as she has been shit scared to go near one since :(

(Note, the colour of the teddy is purely coincidental!)IMG-20190308-WA0012.jpg

My son didn’t potty train until he was almost three despite several attempts through nursery and grandparents pressuring us.  

Both the girls were just around 2. Youngest pretty much did it herself. 

I praised but I didn’t do rewards as at some point they just have to go shite! I’ll let you know when i get to that stage with son. 

On 10/03/2019 at 14:16, heedthebaa said:

Being a grandparent just edges it for me, far more an enjoyable experience

Keep hearing this Heed definitely something to look forward to in eh ... old age :P - hopefully ! 

1 minute ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Keep hearing this Heed definitely something to look forward to in eh ... old age :P - hopefully ! 

If your heart can take this season, you’ll be fine ;)