Pregnancy And Parenting

51 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Bet there's something on Youtube showing you how to do it yourself, sounds pretty simple.

Reveal hidden contents

Blowtorch, stanley knife, scissors and  2 rubber bands required. Plus a bottle of JD.

Any of these would do.

Image result for pictures pf equipment for gelding calves

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
8 hours ago, keithgy said:
Great outcome,we got a 12 month protection order and told we can also go for a residence order.The social work are also looking at help funding us building a 3rd bedroom in our house.

Great news. I think I've missed the start of all this. You have been very open with it all which is why I ask but if you'd rather not answer just ignore my post (or remove it). But how did it come about you having the kids?

My daughter up'd and left the kids 17th Nov and they have not seen her since.

5 hours ago, ShaggysBeard said:

Initial appt for a vasectomy on Friday. My wife and I are very happy with our lot (couple of boys). My wife also has health issues that would mean carrying another child would be dangerous for herself and the child was carrying, a situation to be avoided at all costs.

As much as it's the right thing to do I am petrified at the thought of the procedure. Needles and knives down there gives me the cold sweats. There must be a few on here had this done? Any stories I can take comfort from? Keep any horror stories to yourself, I'm no needing to know them.

I had the snip 22 years ago,didn't hurt and I was at work the next day.The nurse said you will feel a small p***k,i said hen I feel that everytime I go to the toilet.

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Working a 12 hour overtime shift today and have missed my son starting crawling.  f**k this.

Aye it’s shite, I’ve seen more of my grandkids milestones than I ever seen of  my kids milestones, such is life 

Well from a massive high to a super massive low. Sad to say that just after the great 12 week scan and joy of spreading the news last week, unfortunately my wife had a miscarriage in the early hours of this morning. Going through every emotion now.

Went through this 25 yrs ago, the first few weeks are awful, but it does ease, it might not seem like now, but it does, just got to tough it out and be there

8 minutes ago, The Woolshed said:

Our oldest has chickenpox. Doesn’t seem to be bothering him. Just waiting on his wee brother catching it

We are just over chickenpox. Catherine had a mild dose. Fraser's spots appeared about 10 days later. He was covered head to toe the wee soul. Best advice is a bath with porridge oats in a sock. The milky residue is good for the itch. 

Fraser got weighed this week. That's him up to 14lb 3oz at nearly 5 months old (10 weeks corrected). He has really started smiling and chatting this last week or two. Amazing the difference from the wee 2lb 15oz baby born in September.

That’s quite old to start crawling no?

Yeah, he has scooted around in circles and moved backwards for a few months just never gone forwards. He’s pretty big so I think it’s maybe taken him longer because he’s such a unit. No stopping him now though!

2 hours ago, throbber said:

That’s quite old to start crawling no?

Two of mine never crawled. Both bum shuffled. The youngest didn’t bother walking until she was 18 months. They all develop differently. 

Two of mine never crawled. Both bum shuffled. The youngest didn’t bother walking until she was 18 months. They all develop differently. 

I know they develop differently I was just wondering if it was a later age than normal to start crawling, my daughter has been crawling since October and turns 1 in a few weeks. She could walk now if she wanted to and maybe would do if we persuaded her a bit more but she seems happier to crawl everywhere.

6 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Yeah, he has scooted around in circles and moved backwards for a few months just never gone forwards. He’s pretty big so I think it’s maybe taken him longer because he’s such a unit. No stopping him now though!

Wait until he gets upright! :thumsup2

5 hours ago, throbber said:

I know they develop differently I was just wondering if it was a later age than normal to start crawling, my daughter has been crawling since October and turns 1 in a few weeks. She could walk now if she wanted to and maybe would do if we persuaded her a bit more but she seems happier to crawl everywhere.

Advanced beyond her years by the sound of it. I'd get a DNA test.

Earlier on my daughters had an argument about who got to choose what was going on the telly.

They both wanted the same channel, but wanted to be the ones to choose it.

FFS.

18 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Earlier on my daughters had an argument about who got to choose what was going on the telly.

They both wanted the same channel, but wanted to be the ones to choose it.

FFS.

And there's yer future "Infuriating Things Your Partner Does" material right there :P

Edited by The_Kincardine