Pregnancy And Parenting

The sheriff found the facts proven and no need for anyone to give evidence,we were given a 3rd and final 22 day temp child protection order an now go to a final hearing on 30th Jan.She never turned up again.
Theres something a wee bit similar going on in my family the now. I wont go into the details but in that case, as in yours, it is truly heartwarming to see (not listen to idle talk, actually SEE) people fighting like f**k for the kids.

The sheriff found the facts proven and no need for anyone to give evidence,we were given a 3rd and final 22 day temp child protection order an now go to a final hearing on 30th Jan.She never turned up again.

Getting there Keith. From what you’ve shared on here, absolutely no surprise that no evidence was required. Hopefully the final hearing goes the way it absolutely should.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
4 hours ago, keithgy said:

Theres something a wee bit similar going on in my family the now. I wont go into the details but in that case, as in yours, it is truly heartwarming to see (not listen to idle talk, actually SEE) people fighting like f**k for the kids.

How anyone can walk away from kids is a mystery to me,when i spilt up from my ex wife  the 1st thing we talked about was how I would help her support the kids.Because of that I have a great relationship with them after all this time.

6 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Cheers folks this has been very difficult for us but we will get through,it has been very hard on June so soon after losing her mum.I however am a hard nosed git who will just get on with it.(I am a mess sometimes)

Close friends of ours went through the same process as yourselves 8 years ago, bringing up their 2 year old granddaughter, due to mum and dads drug addiction. They’ve been through the mill with all this, but they wouldn’t have it any other way, especially how she’s turning out. Not how it should be Keith, but you wouldn’t have it any other way 

2 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Close friends of ours went through the same process as yourselves 8 years ago, bringing up their 2 year old granddaughter, due to mum and dads drug addiction. They’ve been through the mill with all this, but they wouldn’t have it any other way, especially how she’s turning out. Not how it should be Keith, but you wouldn’t have it any other way 

Indeed mate,i am 50 in 3 weeks and should be putting my feet up and doing babysitting duties.But what is the other option the kids going into the care system(not going to happen)

I hate my daughter for the way she has done this to her mum and how she has treated those kids and my only hope is they are too young to remember how she treated them and they grow up happy.

12 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Indeed mate,i am 50 in 3 weeks and should be putting my feet up and doing babysitting duties.But what is the other option the kids going into the care system(not going to happen)

I hate my daughter for the way she has done this to her mum and how she has treated those kids and my only hope is they are too young to remember how she treated them and they grow up happy.

Aye I know, we’ve had the same, but In a different way with our eldest granddaughter, who’s profoundly disabled and needs 24hr care. We’ve put our lives on hold for 8 years to be carers and give respite for our son and daughter in law. Not what we ever imagined or dreamt life in our 50s would be,  but that’s reality. Grandparenting is by far the greatest experience of my life, sometimes the input just needs to be more than it should be. You and your wife will shape them kids into adults and I’m sure they’ll be adults to be proud of

3 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Aye I know, we’ve had the same, but In a different way with our eldest granddaughter, who’s profoundly disabled and needs 24hr care. We’ve put our lives on hold for 8 years to be carers and give respite for our son and daughter in law. Not what we ever imagined or dreamt life in our 50s would be,  but that’s reality. Grandparenting is by far the greatest experience of my life, sometimes the input just needs to be more than it should be. You and your wife will shape them kids into adults and I’m sure they’ll be adults to be proud of

I don't know about you but I feel it is a different type of love being a grandparent,when I hear Ben shouting grandpa it just fills me full of joy and when Maisie-Grace  goes  ove you(she can't quite Love you yet) my heart melts.

Do other folks kids get made to pray at school? Our 9 year old has had three or four occasions now where a minister has come and led prayers. I've no issues with them learning about religion in school but I'm pretty uncomfortable with them having to waste time in services when it is a non-denominational school.

Hope you get a bit more certainly in the next few weeks Keith.

10 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Do other folks kids get made to pray at school? Our 9 year old has had three or four occasions now where a minister has come and led prayers. I've no issues with them learning about religion in school but I'm pretty uncomfortable with them having to waste time in services when it is a non-denominational school.

Yeah they do, I asked much same question of Facebook recently. If you want your kid involved in religious practice do it in own time. ‘Non dom’ still seems mean church Scotland. Ridiculous in this day and age.

My son asked why there’s a fence between their school and one beside it. 

And it’s not hard figure out why bigotry persists.

Can't speak for now as my kids aren't at school but we had to when I was at school which wasn't that long ago recently. They would alternate between the Church of Scotland minister and the Catholic priest in the town I grew up in for assemblies. It didn't turn me religious, but I agree it does seem a little ridiculous that it's essentially forced upon children in state schools. I'm fairly certain RE is compulsory until standard grade (or whatever they call that these days) in Scotland as well, though at my school that was learning about religions and philosophy rather than forced praying or any suggestion that we should believe anything the faiths we studied believed in.

IMG_20181229_152412.thumb.jpg.718438da5ebddc6315b2d13931b53938.jpg

I took my 2 to Palmerston for the first time over the Christmas holidays. Alice was insistent that she was wearing her brother's old kit... Full kit, that is.

Josh has now been to a few games, while that was Alice's first. They've both asked to go back, so they're well on the road to indoctrination :thumsup2

Both my RE teachers were ministers and bristled every time we asked if we could learn about sikhs or hindus for a change instead of christianity

We had one former minister who I'm almost certain didn't actually believe in God, the other I'm fairly certain was agnostic. We did Christianity but other stuff as well. For standard grade we did Islam and the challenge Darwinism posed to religion, which led to us reading Richard Dawkins etc. In saying that there was one module in either higher or advanced higher which was on miracles, which the teacher taught in a way that made it fairly clear she didn't believe stigmata etc was anything other than rubbish.