Pregnancy And Parenting

On 09/02/2017 at 21:28, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Being a second child myself I was adamant that our 2nd wouldn't get any hand-me-downs. But after spending almost a grand on the first pram that was used for about 18 months, I brought it out of storage to give it a run over with a chamois.

I was a third child with 2 older sisters, and was forced to wear girl's trousers without a fly. I'm convinced that's what made me the pervert I am today.

That's a "As soon as you're gone I'm taking a shit in this bath" look if ever I've saw one [emoji38]

Tbf hes not done that one yet. Nor has he pissed at me on a nappy change.

His cousin however cant have a bath without her leaving a 'submarine'

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 21:28, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Feel a bit downbeat posting this after reading Slippery and PBs troubles, but we are due on the 24th May and had another scan today that went well.

Being a second child myself I was adamant that our 2nd wouldn't get any hand-me-downs. But after spending almost a grand on the first pram that was used for about 18 months, I brought it out of storage to give it a run over with a chamois.

Don't apologise for your good news.

Miscarriages are horrendous - one of my step daughters had one 18 months or so ago. She just said it wasn't meant to be.

I know a chap whose wife lost twins just before Christmas.

On 2/9/2017 at 21:28, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Feel a bit downbeat posting this after reading Slippery and PBs troubles, but we are due on the 24th May and had another scan today that went well.

Funny how standards slip when you have a second...and get worse when you have your third.  All the best to your Mrs and the impending wee shitey-arse, Boaby.  

On 2/9/2017 at 20:58, Pearbuyerbell said:

Thanks fella.   Today was tough but my wife was brilliant - as were the NHS staff.    

Just glad to get her home tonight.    

I've not had a beer in a few weeks but I'm half way through my first can.    I need it.  

Sair yin, PB.  Best wishes to yer Mrs...it's a horrible thing to happen.

4 hours ago, weirdcal said:

Wee one in his favourite place in the world.
Anyone elses kids addicted to baths?

A distinct absence of ducks, a plastic tea set and those foam letters that stick to the tiles IMO.  You need visual aids to sing, "Five little ducks went swimming one day", no?

We don't have a bath in our house, only a shower, but we're round at my parents' house at least twice a week so the kids can use the bath. They love it.

He hates a shower. We have 3 (two mains one electric) and he only settles for the electric after a while. Whereas he will demand a bath. Weird wee bugger
A distinct absence of ducks, a plastic tea set and those foam letters that stick to the tiles IMO.  You need visual aids to sing, "Five little ducks went swimming one day", no?

He has musical bath dolphins. Little dolphins that make musical noises if tapped when floating in water. Between that and throwing sponges at me. He has a great time

4 minutes ago, weirdcal said:

He has musical bath dolphins. Little dolphins that make musical noises if tapped when floating in water. Between that and throwing sponges at me. He has a great time

"musical bath dolphins".  Brilliant.  A phrase I've never heard before.

You're right, though.  I always loved 'bath time' with my three.  Is it a dad thing?  Their maw was always efficient and regarded bathing as a simple hygiene exercise.

"musical bath dolphins".  Brilliant.  A phrase I've never heard before.
You're right, though.  I always loved 'bath time' with my three.  Is it a dad thing?  Their maw was always efficient and regarded bathing as a simple hygiene exercise.

Think so. He asks for me to do bath. No daddy but actual name (wife doesnt call me daddy in front of him. Finds it weird and he picked up on it) i do the hair wash and scrub first and then let him play. She does the wash and out. So it's a dad thing. We get to be the fun and strict ones at same time.
If we do the shower he goes in with me but he hates it so much its clean then wife collects.

My three are now teens but that describes our relationship to a T.

Dunno if the hard part is over or not long begun there. The keeping them healthy bit has been but the letting them grow as their own person is the current position. Given your circumstances ( not with their mother?) I think you a doing a grand job

Dunno if the hard part is over or not long begun there. The keeping them healthy bit has been but the letting them grow as their own person is the current position. Given your circumstances ( not with their mother?) I think you a doing a grand job

^ not intended to sound as condescending as it reads in hindsight

1 minute ago, weirdcal said:

Dunno if the hard part is over or not long begun there. The keeping them healthy bit has been but the letting them grow as their own person is the current position

I'm firmly of the view that a tight family unit is a great model for weans.  The backstop is for grumpy, divorced dads to enjoy their brilliance.

A mistake that some make is to regard kids as friends.  I adore my three and we rub along well but they are not, in any way, my pals.

I'm firmly of the view that a tight family unit is a great model for weans.  The backstop is for grumpy, divorced dads to enjoy their brilliance.
A mistake that some make is to regard kids as friends.  I adore my three and we rub along well but they are not, in any way, my pals.

I dunno. I think my relationship with my dad is more pals these days. I think it works better. But i am in 30s not a teen
Never been patronised on P&B before [emoji6]

Aww... did read it again and thought i came across arsey. Not the intended impression aimed for

13 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'm hard on my three, boundaries and expectations. They don't always love me for it but they are good kids at likes of school and clubs because of it.