Pregnancy And Parenting

Games a bogey, life is shite.

From having my sister (my best friend) and her husband over here in Thailand for a week, I drove them back to the airport and hugged and kissed goodbye.

Traveled back home and kissed the kids and wife to bed, said "what a great week". See you all in the morning, to be woken at 4am with the wife in pain, not a nice sight. I could have half my head cut off, but don't worry, however any of your family is a different scenario.

I rushed her to hospital, but we both knew already, we had lost the new part of our family. With scream from her and tears from me the 15 mins journey was horror.

She is doing ok now, a little operation to remove our child and a stay in hospital for 48 hours. She still has pains, but mostly in the mind. 

I have a great family over here, they mean the best as we all try, I have my 2 sisters back home that are also very supportive....however 8  years I'm still on my own with my wife & 2 kids. 

I'm sorry for everyone to read this. I needed to get it out.....

Love SlipperyP & Family from Paradise (not Parkhead) 

Slippery,

really sorry to hear of your loss. Myself and several others over the course of this thread have shared their experience of miscarriage. It's painful, give yourselves time to recover.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I mind when it happened to us, being utterly blown away at how common it is. I guess its not a day to day topic of conversation but I was at work when I heard and in the time it took me to organise getting home a good 4 or 5 folk came and shared their experiences. You could go a lifetime knowing someone and not know they had been through that.

To Organise, fuck what a few minutes/hours it felt, with 2 kids one 14 and the other 4. All neighbours got chapped up, there was only one thing happening that night, it was to keep my wife alive...

2 minutes ago, The Woolshed said:

Very sorry to hear this Slippery emoji853.png. Can't imagine the pain it must cause to you both.

The Woolshed, I've been in that pub!

Seen your photo, fucking great man...it's going to be tough, love it. No sleep for years. 

I have a 4yo who is either the, Hulk, Superman, Spiderman all within 1 hour, them I've got my princes she is 14 25. She is a darling, just doesn't want anyone to see.

Sorry to hear of your loss bud. Had the same last year with my daughter in law and eldest son. I was told then just how common it is, still doesn't make it any easier to get over though, keep your heeds up

Sorry to hear that Slippery. Miscarriage sucks, me and my other half went through it. Wet tough to get over. We do however have 2 kids together now so the grass can be greener.

Our daughter is currently in hospital with bronchiolitis and has been the past 2 nights, and might be for another 2 or 3 nights. She's too young for medication to help it so it's a case of her battling it off herself. Needed oxygen and a feeding tube but she's doing okay so far. Always still smiling!

IMG_1486388887.787511.jpg

Slippery P it's an absolutely awful experience for you all. Nothing I can say will make any difference, although my old man of all people said to me that it was maybe nature/God/whatever's way of saving a wee unborn soul from perhaps living a life that would have been too tough as something wasn't right. It's no much but it made a sort of sense of it all to me at the time.

Going through the same thing as you Slippery P.    We had our 12 and 5 scan today.   Only to discover the baby hadn't made it past 10 weeks.    

Utterly crushing to watch the screen knowing the radiographer is searching for a heartbeat, but there isn't one to be found.    

Got to move on and booked by wife in for a Thursday appointment for a D & C and to move our lives forward again.   

My first was a bleed it out and was horrifically traumatising and next one I asked for a DnC as I couldn't face it again. 

Since then I've pumped 3 out in 4.5 yrs. 

but you don't forget and they're absolutely needs be more support in aftermath.

This forum never fails to amaze me in terms of the perspective and emotion of life - both the good and the bad.

2 posts in the space of as many days where posters are going through absolute hell. You certainly stopped me in my tracks.

When I get home I'm going to hug my kids tightly.

Hang on in there guys.

On 2/7/2017 at 13:22, pandarilla said:

This forum never fails to amaze me in terms of the perspective and emotion of life - both the good and the bad.

2 posts in the space of as many days where posters are going through absolute hell. You certainly stopped me in my tracks.

When I get home I'm going to hug my kids tightly.

Hang on in there guys.

Thanks fella.   Today was tough but my wife was brilliant - as were the NHS staff.    

Just glad to get her home tonight.    

I've not had a beer in a few weeks but I'm half way through my first can.    I need it.  

My second miscarriage was similar, I'd had a scan at 10weeks and all was fine but by 12 weeks the heartbeat had  gone. Was heartbreaking.

thinkkng of you both

Edited by Rowan

Feel a bit downbeat posting this after reading Slippery and PBs troubles, but we are due on the 24th May and had another scan today that went well.

Being a second child myself I was adamant that our 2nd wouldn't get any hand-me-downs. But after spending almost a grand on the first pram that was used for about 18 months, I brought it out of storage to give it a run over with a chamois.

Really sorry to read some of the previous posts, my thoughts and best wishes are with you.

My daughter lost another tooth the other day and  as usual she put it under her pillow, with the tooth fairy bringing £2.50 by the morning.

On trying to spend it on sweets at the self service machine in sainsburys, her £2 coin kept being rejected. The member of staff on duty then came over and said he thought it was a forgery. To his credit, he changed the coin for another from the till, but this has still left my daughter thinking that the tooth fairy is into circulating counterfeit currency.

Horrid news Slippery. Hope you're all doing as well as can be in these circumstances. Can't actually imagine what it feels like so can't offer any form of insightful support. Hopefully you and your wife are giving the relevant support over there.