Pregnancy And Parenting

8 hours ago, sjc said:

My daughter's now on week 5 of 18weeks of chemotherapy and all is going as well as we could have hoped for. No side effects although she's starting to lose some of her hair but no nausea or sickness thankfully.

Blood results have so far been good enough for the Pediatrician to allow her home between weekly injections although we have to be wary of exposing her to people infected with colds/flu etc.

Like I said previously, we won't get an "all clear" for 5 years but our wee fighter is doing well thus far.

Apologies, I don't mean to change the mood of this thread. 

mitene6437b811-7c56-4f25-8836-2727fa6840f0.jpg

miteneAC6AA384-F392-45F5-A00D-FC540ECD4575.jpeg

Thankfully she looks like her mother unlike your big Stevie Fulton puss.

Best of luck, pal. 

8 hours ago, sjc said:

My daughter's now on week 5 of 18weeks of chemotherapy and all is going as well as we could have hoped for. No side effects although she's starting to lose some of her hair but no nausea or sickness thankfully.

Blood results have so far been good enough for the Pediatrician to allow her home between weekly injections although we have to be wary of exposing her to people infected with colds/flu etc.

Like I said previously, we won't get an "all clear" for 5 years but our wee fighter is doing well thus far.

Apologies, I don't mean to change the mood of this thread. 

mitene6437b811-7c56-4f25-8836-2727fa6840f0.jpg

miteneAC6AA384-F392-45F5-A00D-FC540ECD4575.jpeg

An absolute inspiration. I wish you and your family nothing but the best. 

3 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

Oh and another thing, these new dads have nothing to worry about.

I barely know how the hell I look after myself most days and have managed just fine.

As someone said above, it's like a dormant gene that just lies there until its activated.

I don't think I'd ever even held a baby before my daughter was born and she's nearly 8 months old now and I've managed not to drop, poison, or otherwise kill her. 

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

(Going by programmes where Tokyo features) What's the reason for the face masks?

A few reasons really. Mainly they are worn by people with the cold/flu in order to prevent the germs from spreading but we also have a lot of pollution in the air that drifts over from China.

Winter is very dry here so wearing a face mask can help keep your throat/mouth moist.

Japanese are very OCD! You should see what some wear to avoid the sun!

I don't think I'd ever even held a baby before my daughter was born and she's nearly 8 months old now and I've managed not to drop, poison, or otherwise kill her. 

What you come to learn over time is that babies/toddlers are near indestructible.

The amount of times he's done something that would leave me a broken man, he just gets up and walks away.

Under a week until baby number 2 arrives. Planned section later in the week. Slightly nervous at having a 16 month old and a newborn but will just have to manage [emoji2]

The gap between ours is 18 months (4 and 2 1/2). It's definitely not easy but you just dig in and get by.

We've been lucky but they are really close - and actually play really well together (mostly).

My health has been fucked the last month or so and reading this thread is adding some much needed perspective. I feel like I can't really help the missus as much as I'd like but I need to remind myself there is no normal. As sjc is showing us all - every family has their own shit going on. You just have to keep going and enjoy it as best you can.

I'm away down to encourage the boy to play football (every time he plays with his sister's dolls I get the fear. I know it's irrational but still...)