Pregnancy And Parenting

Franly, I'm amazed Dickson isn't claiming to have carried the wean for 9 months...

Nah - although I did go through a sympathy phase where I attempted to keep up with her in terms of the food that she ate. Unfortunately I'm still carrying the scars of that time whilst she got rid of her excess weight more or less overnight.

The legacy of a pregnancy is definitely worse on the man. The woman gets months worth of maternity leave, and gets to claim that she's always exhausted. Whilst the poor man has to cope with extra hours at work, painting and decorating, all the normal and extra household maintenance tasks that appear to come under "child safety", and despite all that his wife will still expect him to change nappies, get up with the baby in the middle of the night, oh and there's bound to be housework to be getting on with as well cause she's "not had a moment all day". Funnily enough whenever it was my turn to stay in and watch the baby, he generally just slept while I played computer games. :rolleyes:

Then in ensuing years she'll have made up this story about the horror of the whole thing, forgetting to mention that it was your job to go to Mothercare and buy disposable pants and bra pads - much to the amusement of everyone there.

My mrs is 13 weeks pregnant, had the scan, all is well. but i am a nervous wreck!

i have been reading the books and magazines to try and prepare myself, got the family car now too.

is it normal to be nervous about everything?? does it ease?

good thing is, i'm drinking for 3 now!

Your baby is gony be a clyde fan

Nah - although I did go through a sympathy phase where I attempted to keep up with her in terms of the food that she ate. Unfortunately I'm still carrying the scars of that time whilst she got rid of her excess weight more or less overnight.

The legacy of a pregnancy is definitely worse on the man. The woman gets months worth of maternity leave, and gets to claim that she's always exhausted. Whilst the poor man has to cope with extra hours at work, painting and decorating, all the normal and extra household maintenance tasks that appear to come under "child safety", and despite all that his wife will still expect him to change nappies, get up with the baby in the middle of the night, oh and there's bound to be housework to be getting on with as well cause she's "not had a moment all day". Funnily enough whenever it was my turn to stay in and watch the baby, he generally just slept while I played computer games. :rolleyes:

Then in ensuing years she'll have made up this story about the horror of the whole thing, forgetting to mention that it was your job to go to Mothercare and buy disposable pants and bra pads - much to the amusement of everyone there.

Your wife sounds a delight.

Mrs WB was right in there with the decorating and buying of stuff (only if it had won an award though). At one point she was left with her finger in a radiator for a couple of hours as I had connected it up without the plumbers tape.

Mrs Taylorboy77 is expecting our 2nd child on 20 June. Got our 20 week scan next week :D .

Our daughter is 5 next month, she was diagnosed with a really rare chromosome disorder that resulted in her constantly being at hospital since 3 months old.

She didnt have a "normal" baby life and still doesnt due to constant hospital checks etc.

Due to this rare disorder, Mrs TB77 got CVS testing done at 13 weeks stage. This was not a nice procedure (taking samples from the placenta) but all the results have come back clear and they have tested for every known syndrome etc.

Its kind of weird as we had 6/7 weeks of pure hell as we both thought that this baby would be the same as the other and we didnt know what to do etc

But when the results came out we were like :o:o:o:D:D:D:D:D

Its going to be so great doing all the normal stuff with babies that we sadly missed out on the first time round.

The one good thing though, our new baby will have the best big sister ever ;)

for all first time mums and dad, seriously enjoy it to the max....

When it get's to 8 months and 28 days, she'll really want a shag. I kid you not. :)
I never got to that stage :(:lol:

Take the epidural

Neither did I. Cal was eight and a half weeks early although weighed in at 5 and a half pound so suspect he was gonna be big baby.

..........which, as you are aware, isn't necessarily available to them depending on where they live. Nobody in D&G can have an epidural because they quite simply don't have the service available. :(

As for the epidural I never contemplated having one. I certainly didn't want anyone poking about at my back.

For me the major downside of an epidural is not being able to feel anything during the 2nd stage of labour which results in a higher frequency of instrumental delivery. As a midwife no way was I having one of them (if I could get away with it). Trust me a doctor will give you a far bigger cut than a midwife would.

Entonox and diamorphine for me - great stuff :thumsup2

Don't get too hung up on what the books say - it never works out that way anyway. Just enjoy and go with the flow. However when they say it will change your life - believe that. You just don't realise quite how much until after ;)

Mrs Taylorboy77 is expecting our 2nd child on 20 June. Got our 20 week scan next week :D .

Our daughter is 5 next month, she was diagnosed with a really rare chromosome disorder that resulted in her constantly being at hospital since 3 months old.

She didnt have a "normal" baby life and still doesnt due to constant hospital checks etc.

Due to this rare disorder, Mrs TB77 got CVS testing done at 13 weeks stage. This was not a nice procedure (taking samples from the placenta) but all the results have come back clear and they have tested for every known syndrome etc.

Its kind of weird as we had 6/7 weeks of pure hell as we both thought that this baby would be the same as the other and we didnt know what to do etc

But when the results came out we were like :o:o:o:D:D:D:D:D

Its going to be so great doing all the normal stuff with babies that we sadly missed out on the first time round.

The one good thing though, our new baby will have the best big sister ever ;)

for all first time mums and dad, seriously enjoy it to the max....

Congrats mate, hope all goes well :)

Aye, because they'll have never seen that before in a shop catering for pregnant women & small children :rolleyes:

I was 2 weeks late.

This has set the tone for my life where not only am I perpetually 15 minutes late for everything but a lazy fucker to boot.

I once helped a cat give birth. I'll happily give advice to anyone who wants it.

Neither did I. Cal was eight and a half weeks early although weighed in at 5 and a half pound so suspect he was gonna be big baby.

Christ that's what Ruairidh was and he was 3 weeks early. You'd have delivered a 10lbr if you'd gone to term!

Christ that's what Ruairidh was and he was 3 weeks early. You'd have delivered a 10lbr if you'd gone to term!

And I had no stitches :P

Although to be fair I was pushing for all my worth saying "don't cut me". I believe when I hit transition I was like a Rottweiler :lol:

And I had no stitches :P

Although to be fair I was pushing for all my worth saying "don't cut me". I believe when I hit transition I was like a Rottweiler :lol:

The only thing I had in my birth plan was "NO EPIDURAL" in big letters. So even that was a waste of ink! :lol:

I really didn't like the gas and air.

Bit annoyed with your comment, im gonna be a dad for the first time so i wanna be happy about it, let things go with the flow, why should i hold back? Incase something happens, me thinking negative? Not a negative person me so not sure why id be so lucky to regret, whatever happens happens whether it be good or bad, i just got to get on with it but i know my fiancee will do fine, i gotta be positive.

It's a good idea not to say to too many people until around 12 weeks as the risk of miscarriage is higher in the first 12 weeks. He's being polite and offering you some friendly advice, not having a go.

Bit annoyed with your comment, im gonna be a dad for the first time so i wanna be happy about it, let things go with the flow, why should i hold back? Incase something happens, me thinking negative? Not a negative person me so not sure why id be so lucky to regret, whatever happens happens whether it be good or bad, i just got to get on with it but i know my fiancee will do fine, i gotta be positive.

I don't see why you're annoyed, he's only giving you the same advice as any decent Doctor or midwife would.

By the way, you could have mentioned you were going to be a Dad! We'd never have known!

Well as the rate for miscarriage is something like 1 in 3 in the first 12 weeks most folk wait until after that to tell folks to ensure they are past the danger time. There is nothing worse than losing a baby at 7 weeks, loads of folk knowing and then having to deal with the sympathy and pitying looks.