Pregnancy And Parenting

Snap although I'm sure I'll be more excited than her given she's only one month old!

We're facing our first major challenge - colic or reflux. I'm sure you'll all have been there so what are your best tips for soothing or curing it? Feel so sorry for the poor wee bugger.

Debs reccomends osteopath for colic as her wee one had it really bad.

As for reflux, well get to a Dr, every week if you have too. My wee one is on three different meds for reflux and hasn't been great at gaining weight. My son had a colic spell which I thought was hell, it's been nothing compared to reflux!

Sorry that's not all that reassuring!

We tried several different things and eventually the one thing that worked well was Carobel - a simple feed thickener. Different things will work for different babies though. We also tried Colief, Infacol and Gaviscon, plus a couple of others that I have forgotten.

We have been using colief which seems to be helping Jacks colic although he has been suffering from diarrhea since (no real discomfort and doesnt appear dehydrated). Dont know if the two are link but last night there were no colic symptoms at all.

Do all babies make grunting noises while the sleep? Jack moans and groans all the time

Do all babies make grunting noises while the sleep? Jack moans and groans all the time

I don't know if all do but it is pretty common (grunting, squealing etc) and nothing to worry about, even though it can sound quite disturbing at the time. Can be linked to digestion and reflux but needn't be.

It'll disappear over the next few weeks and you'll forget it ever happened. Until the next one ;)

I don't know if all do but it is pretty common (grunting, squealing etc) and nothing to worry about, even though it can sound quite disturbing at the time. Can be linked to digestion and reflux but needn't be.

It'll disappear over the next few weeks and you'll forget it ever happened. Until the next one ;)

It's not the noises themselves that was causing me some puzzlement but the frequency and number - all night long grunt and squeek! (I'll leave that innuendo hanging!)

Some research this morning leads me to conclude that has more to do with babies breathing through their noses for the first 4 months.

Niamh was hospitalised last night after a reaction to strawberries, rocked up to A&E with her in her hungry caterpiller pj's with straberries on them, unplanned! She's home now but we are going to have extensive food allergy tests ahead and I've not to introduce any new foods to her for now. :(

Sorry to hear about Niamh, Rowan, sounds terrible.

Well, Harry is now just shy of 13 weeks and has slept from around 8.30pm to 6/7am the past three nights. I really did forget how fresh you feel after a full nights sleep, it's great! Perfect Christmas present, without a doubt. :lol:

Well, Harry is now just shy of 13 weeks and has slept from around 8.30pm to 6/7am the past three nights. I really did forget how fresh you feel after a full nights sleep, it's great! Perfect Christmas present, without a doubt. :lol:

On a similar note, Jack slept for 9 and 1/2 hours last night. We didn't - we had to keep checking he was breathing!

Zaks sleepings going backwards. Two nights in a row he slept from half seven untill 5, which was grand. Thought we'd cracked it.

However, for the past week and a half he'll sleep until 2am at the latest, from then on he's up crying (sometimes hysterically) every hour or so. Absolute torture. Possibly seperation anxiety or night terrors i'm not sure, he never cried during the night for 8 months. Hopefully its just a phase.

Babysat the grandaughter on saturday night, she slept until 4am then up bright eyed :o I'm used to an uninterupted nights kip, me and the wife were both knackered yesterday. Even when she was asleep, the sleep we got was light and broken, worrying if she was breathing and that was with an apnea monitor as well. Too old for this now :D

Niamh was hospitalised last night after a reaction to strawberries, rocked up to A&E with her in her hungry caterpiller pj's with straberries on them, unplanned! She's home now but we are going to have extensive food allergy tests ahead and I've not to introduce any new foods to her for now. :(

Hope all goes well Rowan.

We attended a Baby First Aid course before Evie was born and their advice on introducing new foods was to initially rub a small amount on the back of their neck. If no reaction then give them some. However only introduce new food Mon-Fri and first thing in the morning so if there is any adverse reaction then it woul dbe 'easier' to get an ambulance/hospital care.

We've been told not to introduce any new foods at all and re analyse some of the ones she already has. Previously what may have been an allergic reaction we put down to ezcema flairing up. Pears are def now on the no list as she reacted to them yesterday and that was the other food in the puree the other day. Wr're pretty sure tomoatos are on the no list too. Stressed out!

mines are 4 and 2

got the old reindeer dust for back garden and going to plank lots of gifts around the house and garden (if dry) and have fun looking for presents

i think xmas is better for us than them :D

Reindeer dust can stick about for days. Don't let them sprinkle it at front door. Past experience, it's hard to clean up.

Snap although I'm sure I'll be more excited than her given she's only one month old!

We're facing our first major challenge - colic or reflux. I'm sure you'll all have been there so what are your best tips for soothing or curing it? Feel so sorry for the poor wee bugger.

She's allergic to Aussie air :P