Pregnancy And Parenting

Congrats Swarley, that's great news! :)

I hope Steven got out of hospital, SD. Poor wee mannie. :(

Congratulations Swarley. Great news!

SD, you'll need to get a season ticket for the hospital! Hope everything is ok now.

Cheers both. He got out about 4:30 this afternoon so only a 22 hour visit this time! That's mainly down to two reasons:

1 - We know the signs much better now and what is going to happen and get him up early and started on treatment much earlier. So much so in fact that I was confidently predicting to clients on Thursday that I'd probably have to cancel my appointment with them on Friday as I expected to be at the hospital.

2 - Likewise, we've been over the course so often and live so close to the hospital that they are prepared to let him out a little sooner than they might with others. We know what to do if he is struggling again. The Doctor said on releasing him this afternoon that he was touch and go to leave at that point but the fact that we were experienced with it was why he was prepared to let him go home.

Anyway, he's now started the same preventative measures that Thomas has been on since May, since when he's had no incidents at all, though whether that means the treatment is working or just coincidence is probably something we'll never know. He's also a little older of course and maybe growing out of it a little bit. No certainty anyway that it will have the same positive effects on Steven, we shall see.

Doctor says they should both have flu jabs for the winter given their hstories so that to organise now.

As I've said before MB, they consult us on decor changes these days! (Not really :lol: ). They told us last time we were up that the ward would be getting a new oxygen supply to prevent the constant changing of valves they have to do at the moment so it was ironic to see that work was actually going ahead today when we were in. In fact we got moved from one room to another as they were ready to do the room we started in before we left it.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Blooming heck SD, hope all goes well.

Thanks everyone for the messages. I'll bore you all sometime in the future with the story about how my wife laboured for 12 hours, without medication, and pushed out a 9.66lb baby!

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried breast milk? A friend was asking :ph34r:

My wee boy's just caught chicken pox. Everyone's been saying how it's unusual to get it so young (just over a year), but it doesn't seem to be bothering him all that much as I think it's less severe the younger you are. We don't know where he got it from as we haven't seen anyone with it. Most likely place is nursery, but they're denying any of the other kids there have had it.

Shame his lovely soft skin has been ruined, albeit temporarily. :(

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried breast milk? A friend was asking :ph34r:

Aye, fresh from source. Tasted ok, but was far too warm for my liking. I reckon chilled it would be nicer than cow's milk.

My wee boy's just caught chicken pox. Everyone's been saying how it's unusual to get it so young (just over a year), but it doesn't seem to be bothering him all that much as I think it's less severe the younger you are.

Steven caught it in the summer at some point. I would need to check back through this thread to see exactly when but he must have been under 18 months. It was so mild at that age he barely noticed though he had one really bad spot in his hair that he scratched and it took weeks and weeks to heal up. It didnt bother him though.

My father in law is a danger to children and it truely is a miracle his own kids survived to adulthood. We were round there last night packing up her stuff to go home and he tries to put a bottle of cillet bang in with her formula and bottles he presumed we brought it with us and had no idea what.it actually was

Edited by pub car king

Pwoud, vewy pwoud to announce the safe arrival of Evie Rose Little.

Was scheduled to have induction on Friday at 8am but she decided she wasn't up for that and popped out at 4.15am Friday morning.

4.38kilos which I believe is 9.66 of your pounds. Quite long as well 58cms.

Mum and bub doing well, Dad is fecking knackered!

Well done my man - November 2011 is an excellent vintage :thumsup2