Pregnancy And Parenting

And bang here's baby! Within hour(s) of posting my wifes waters had gone and contractions were pretty constant. By 2:51am today baby Ruaridh William Shanks popped out to say Lhowdy y'all". 9lbs 4oz. Baby and mum are doing great(the wife is a star doing it all on just gas and air - not by choice mind you)

Elated.

Congratulations! :D

My little family is getting home today - could not be more happy (or scared)

Given my wife and my bad luck in this regard (2 ectopic and 5 miscarriage) we weren't taking any chances.

I hear you and know exactly where you are coming from. It's an emotional rollercoaster but it's really just beginning and believe you me it's worth every single second of it. Good luck and Godspeed. :D

And bang here's baby! Within hour(s) of posting my wifes waters had gone and contractions were pretty constant. By 2:51am today baby Ruaridh William Shanks popped out to say Lhowdy y'all". 9lbs 4oz. Baby and mum are doing great(the wife is a star doing it all on just gas and air - not by choice mind you)

Elated.

Fabulous name! I have a Ruairidh! Hope your Ruaridh brings you as much joy as ours has!

Hey all it may come as a surprise to all of you but my wife gave birth to a beautiful baby boy on Sunday night at 9.58pm after 7 years of marriage and 11 years together it has been worth the wait.

He weighed in at a very respectable 7lbs 4oz as was 3 days early. See my son brought coming into the world is possibly the most surreal and fantastic thing I have ever witness. Mum and boy are doing well and my little family should be getting home tomorrow.

I just thought I would let you all know that Jack Campbell Thomson is now in the world and is amazing.

Congratulations! I can totally understand you not wanting to push your luck on that one after all you've been through. Stories like yours always put a huge smile on my face. :D

Elated.

And congratulations to you, too! I was going to say something last night along the lines of Reina's post but decided not to go getting you all excited about it. Wish I had now, I'd have looked right clever. :lol: Well done!

For those of you that live in Glasgow, the city council are running Baby's First Christmas, a scheme working with Hamley's and the St Enoch Centre. The first 1000 dabies and their parents will receive a commemorative certificate to celebrate little one's first Christmas and a teddy from Hamley's. The first 250 babies registered will be invited to meet the Lord Provost (although I don't see anything saying you have to attend, so you could probably dingy him). Ok, so it's just a teddy and a piece of paper, but you may as well claim something back for your council tax payments. I'm not sure how far out you can live to be able to register, but if you're close by you may as well chance your arm and apply anyway.

Zaks been waking himself up every couple of hours the past three or four nights due to some almighty snoring, the culprit arrived on his bib this afternoon. A bogey i'd be very much proud of, mahooosive.

This should mean a few good night sleep for us all. :D

edit. Congrats to the two new Dads. Some feeling isn't it?

Edited by Cyber_soccer

My little family is getting home today - could not be more happy (or scared)

Given my wife and my bad luck in this regard (2 ectopic and 5 miscarriage) we weren't taking any chances.

Ah, totally understandable then. Now the real fun starts.

Congrats Adolfo :D

Hey all it may come as a surprise to all of you but my wife gave birth to a beautiful baby boy on Sunday night at 9.58pm after 7 years of marriage and 11 years together it has been worth the wait.

He weighed in at a very respectable 7lbs 4oz as was 3 days early. See my son brought coming into the world is possibly the most surreal and fantastic thing I have ever witness. Mum and boy are doing well and my little family should be getting home tomorrow.

I just thought I would let you all know that Jack Campbell Thomson is now in the world and is amazing.

Elated.

Congrats to you both!!!thumbup2.gif

For those of you that live in Glasgow, the city council are running Baby's First Christmas, a scheme working with Hamley's and the St Enoch Centre. The first 1000 dabies and their parents will receive a commemorative certificate to celebrate little one's first Christmas and a teddy from Hamley's. The first 250 babies registered will be invited to meet the Lord Provost (although I don't see anything saying you have to attend, so you could probably dingy him). Ok, so it's just a teddy and a piece of paper, but you may as well claim something back for your council tax payments. I'm not sure how far out you can live to be able to register, but if you're close by you may as well chance your arm and apply anyway.

Why? I'm pretty sure parents could care less and babies will have no idea who it is.laugh.gif

I'm struggling for gift ideas still.....I'm no good at shopping, let alone for a female.....even worse for one that's 6 months old.....clueless, utterly cluelesslaugh.gif

Congrats to the new parents, must be something in the water!

Any chance someone could send a bottle of it down to Sydney? 7 days overdue now and no sign at all of any action. In fact the we bugger seems to have moved upwards away from the exit!