Pregnancy And Parenting

Can anyone reccommend a decent baby monitor. I don't want to spend loads but i don't want a cheap shite one that crackles and picks up local mini cabs. is £30-40 realistic

I have one that we don't use. It's a Tomy wireless one. It's crap.

Can anyone reccommend a decent baby monitor. I don't want to spend loads but i don't want a cheap shite one that crackles and picks up local mini cabs. is £30-40 realistic

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tomy-Classic-Monitor-TA100-Analogue/dp/B002NWJ1M6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1320267288&sr=8-3

We have that one, and I'd say it does the job sufficiently.

I have one that we don't use. It's a Tomy wireless one. It's crap.

Yeah, we got given a set of monitors when Thomas was born by one of her friends who didn't need it any more. We used them once and never bothered again. There's nothing wrong with them per se so far as I can tell, we just didn't need them. The house really isn't that big that we couldn't hear the baby crying without needing a monitor for it.

I can see where they would be a use if you have a big house and the baby's room is well away from where you are sitting. Not sure if we still have the monitors somewhere or if they were given back eventually.

I think we have a hyperactive baby. Simply will not be still for a minute. You can't move in our place for cushions and pillows scattered all over the place to stop her hurting herself. She wakes up several times a night, but doesn't cry or bawl the place down....she simply lays there wriggling about whilst "oohing and aahing".

We bought an Angelcare monitor after the wife researched them for weeks and we bought it from USA since it was much, much cheaper than here in Oz.

I've set it up today and found that you can't change the temperature from bloody Fahrenheit. Will have to employ an OAP to translate the temperature for me from now on!

I think we have a hyperactive baby. Simply will not be still for a minute. You can't move in our place for cushions and pillows scattered all over the place to stop her hurting herself. She wakes up several times a night, but doesn't cry or bawl the place down....she simply lays there wriggling about whilst "oohing and aahing".

My wee boys the same.

He'll be up two or three times a night, just being a noisy wee bugger. Thats him over six months now and he's got all these new skills he's learnt so I just think he'd rather entertain himself with them than sleep. Its quite amusing at times but its quite draining.

His new favourite trick is blowing raspberries whilst he's getting his breakfast/tea, sending his food flying in all directions :lol:

My 3 year old was the exact same. She's a hyperactive one now so good luck :D .

Ugh struggling today. 39 weeks pregnant and so tired and uncomfortable! Would really like baby to put in an appearance about now! What makes it worse is that DD was born at 38 weeks so it feels like I'm overdue. Not to mention the texts I get from family and friends every day asking if there's "any sign of baby yet?". Oh that's right I had it but forgot to tell you :rolleyes: . AAARGH!!

Anybody else's kids learn how to climb the stairs before being able to walk? Callum is just coming up to his first birthday and is climbing the stairs at any opportunity - he's just done it 3 times in row. But he still can't stand without support. :huh:

Anybody else's kids learn how to climb the stairs before being able to walk? Callum is just coming up to his first birthday and is climbing the stairs at any opportunity - he's just done it 3 times in row. But he still can't stand without support. :huh:

Yup, Ruairidh was climbing the stairs from around 10months. I've never had a stairgate on the bottom and allowed him to go up supervised.

I have a stairgate at the top...he just squeezed underneath it and went down on his belly! Feet first not head first :lol:

He's never fallen down them yet.

I didn't bother with a monitor and I don't exactly live in a small house. I think they just prey on your insecurities as a parent, to be honest. The boy has a good enough set of lungs on him...

We had the mother of all tantrums tonight. All because I wouldn't let him eat his yoghurts in front of the telly. Little sod. Well he didn't win that battle...

My wee boys the same.

He'll be up two or three times a night, just being a noisy wee bugger. Thats him over six months now and he's got all these new skills he's learnt so I just think he'd rather entertain himself with them than sleep. Its quite amusing at times but its quite draining.

My 3 year old was the exact same. She's a hyperactive one now so good luck :D .

She's a nightmare!!! She'll wake up and lay there seeking attention, she has me up three to four times a night for no reason.....just because she can I reckonlaugh.gif. She's awake just now, she fights the sleep just to f**k with me, I swearlaugh.gif

I hope it's just a phase, the thought that she could become more hyper as she gets older fills me with dreadtongue.gif

I didn't bother with a monitor and I don't exactly live in a small house. I think they just prey on your insecurities as a parent, to be honest. The boy has a good enough set of lungs on him...

We had the mother of all tantrums tonight. All because I wouldn't let him eat his yoghurts in front of the telly. Little sod. Well he didn't win that battle...

I agree, my friend still has her 3.5 year old on one of the sensor monitors.

Had to call an ambulance for Steven last night to take him to hospital at about 4am. Wee man was really struggling to breathe whilst coughing spluttering and wheezing. :(

On the bright side, because we reacted so early this time, they were able to treat him quickly and start steroids and nebulizers sooner than last time and he was much better within a few hours to the extent they considered letting him out at teatime and I was allowed to bugger off to the football this afternoon. Although they do now say there may be a heart murmer too. :unsure: He's not out though, still in to see how he does overnight. Hopefully the answer will be "fine" and he'll get out in the morning. He's been running up and down the ward laughing and capering and generally charming nurses! :D

Looks like he'll be going onto daily inhalers and monteleukast like his brother now though. Both of them will have to cope with viral wheeze for a few years. Hopefully, like me, they'll grow out of it.

EDIT - He got out late Sunday afternoon. :) Still coughing away a bit in his bed though.

Edited by Skyline Drifter