Pregnancy And Parenting

I'm going to ask this in here as well as the quick question thread. My sis is over for the weekend and is up the spout. I was planning on marinating a leg of lamb in garlic, rosemary and red wine for sunday roast.

Is the red wine a no no even though it'll be mostly evaporating? :unsure:

I'm going to ask this in here as well as the quick question thread. My sis is over for the weekend and is up the spout. I was planning on marinating a leg of lamb in garlic, rosemary and red wine for sunday roast.

You are being serious? :lol:

Come on KB get it together .... Oh aye and the answer is it will be fine :P

edit to add...The wife is still laughing at that one ;)

Edited by No8.

So after nearly a year of various methods, tears etc in the end he decided in his own time to potty train. We needed to get another sample for the doctor the other afternoon and he decided that he wasn't going back into nappies! Going not too bad. More in potty than on floor!

Health visitor out yessterday and she's concerned about Niamh's skin so I've to raise it with the peadiatricain this week.

Good lad! :D

Hope it's nothing too serious with Niamh.

I think the current guidelines for pregnant women drinking are that they are allowed 1 tea spoonful of alcohol every 25 years - or is it 25 tea spoonfuls every year - something like that. But just to be on the safe side you might want to do a vegetarian roast marinated with organic water.

I've had it myself where I've made the decision not to send my child to nursery or school because he just didn't seem quite right that day and then regretted that decision within the hour. It happens to us all! I'd like to say it gets easier with experience, but we all make mistakes whether we're on our first or tenth! As long as your son is otherwise fit and healthy, all that will happen is he will get ill a few times, it will seem like a complete paiin in the bum until you realise that you get to spend a legitimate day off work looking after him and getting some of the best cuddles you will ever get while his immune system gets stronger each time. Before you know it, he'll hardly ever be sick again!

Aye, I hope you're right. And right on cue, Callum has come home from nursery with a few sniffles! It's very minor though, and no suggestion from the nursery that he needs to stay at home.

Well a fun day. Been in hospital all day as the previously bombproof Steven was, like his brother over the past year, struggling to breathe after picking up a virus. Horrible day. Wee fella getting kept in. I presume this also means the wife and I aren't getting to Hampden tomorrow if anyone wants a pair of tickets (Dumfries area).

Well a fun day. Been in hospital all day as the previously bombproof Steven was, like his brother over the past year, struggling to breathe after picking up a virus. Horrible day. Wee fella getting kept in. I presume this also means the wife and I aren't getting to Hampden tomorrow if anyone wants a pair of tickets (Dumfries area).

That's not so good, there's nothing worse than watching a child struggling for breath.

I'd be inclined to agree with DHD, I mean it should be ok but I'd be inclined to ask the sis to double check.

Anyway, Dad has gone and got Oliver Twist tonight for the first time since January 1st....looks like I'll have to be on babysit duty for the next 2 weeks to make it up :rolleyes:

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

Wee man improved a good bit today and has had his treatment eased off a bit. Because he's getting a wee bit better he's also been far grumpier about being there and letting us know it.

I came away at 8ish because he looked settled for the night and they had dropped back his nebulizers to 3 hourly but the wife has phoned since to say his temperature had dropped and oxygen sats were lower too and he's been unable to settle for long and keeps sitting up so doesn't sound like all is well yet. Have to imagine he'll therefore be in at least another day. :(

Well a week and a day to go and she went to her midwife appointment this morning they were a bit worried about her blood pressure and protein in her urine so they sent her tonthe hospital to het some tests done during which time she has gone into labour and they have broke her waters. I have been here for two hours and the poor cow looks done and we have a long way to go she has had some pethedine as the gas and air made her puke and she is currently asleep because of the drugs so not much happening yet.

Question for the guys is it just me who feels like a complete spare p***k there is nothing I can do just watch.

Well a week and a day to go and she went to her midwife appointment this morning they were a bit worried about her blood pressure and protein in her urine so they sent her tonthe hospital to het some tests done during which time she has gone into labour and they have broke her waters. I have been here for two hours and the poor cow looks done and we have a long way to go she has had some pethedine as the gas and air made her puke and she is currently asleep because of the drugs so not much happening yet.

Question for the guys is it just me who feels like a complete spare p***k there is nothing I can do just watch.

I was my sister's birth partner, and there's not an awful lot you can do other than fetch and carry the things she's asking for when she's awake, rub her back, stop rubbing her back when she says "piss off, you're getting on my nerves". While she's asleep, you just really need to sit and wait it out. Sorry! Hope it's not too long for you both. All the best.

Just shut up and do as you're told. Doing things with out being asked will piss her off for making a fuss. Just fetch, do, say whatever you're told. It's the easiest thing to do, and stops you from irritating her.