Pregnancy And Parenting

Well I did green dot the original post. As it's now at Nil someone must have come along and red dotted it back off! :huh:

I suspect Mrs M's sister-in-law has recently joined the P&B community. :lol:

To be honest we found names pretty easy to decide on. I came up with the boys name and she liked it and she thought of the girls name and I liked it after only about 4 or 5 days of thinking.

The day after she was born my cousin made a visit and after asking her name and being told she sniggered and said "who came up with that?" I felt like just telling the daft boot to sling her hook.

Not cool!:angry:

With my Mrs just over 6 weeks away we cant agree on a boys name well she has plenty but ive said no to them all girls name was easy picked just struggle with a boys

So in 6 or so weeks will it be all change, well the alcohal levels go down in my system will the fun times stop will i need to sell the playstation? or is it all a myth lol

With my Mrs just over 6 weeks away we cant agree on a boys name well she has plenty but ive said no to them all girls name was easy picked just struggle with a boys

So in 6 or so weeks will it be all change, well the alcohal levels go down in my system will the fun times stop will i need to sell the playstation? or is it all a myth lol

Yes, yes, yes, yes and no ... in that order ;)

If you had any sympathy you'd have gave up boozing months ago :P

If you had any sympathy you'd have gave up boozing months ago :P

That's been one of the biggest changes for me. I was by no means a particularly big drinker but before kids came along I went for a beer with my dad most Friday nights, and would often go for a few beers on a Sunday afternoon. Since January 09 (month before No 1 son arrived), I've probably had about two or three spontaneous occasions of having a beer and a further handful of nights out that were long pre-planned and needed baby-sitters organised.

The other major change is in sleep patterns. As the kids are sleeping solidly through the night now we're not too bad but I still get up between 6 and 7am every day now whereas it used to be about 8am through the week and nearer 9am at weekends. 2010 was a hellish year of lack of sleep and I regularly got less than five hours a night.

EDITED to add: It is however all worth every single second of it. :D

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Did you? You'd likely be the first in history if you did!

We found out in September, I haven't touched a drop since December 31st 2010 :P

That's been one of the biggest changes for me. I was by no means a particularly big drinker but before kids came along I went for a beer with my dad most Friday nights, and would often go for a few beers on a Sunday afternoon. Since January 09 (month before No 1 son arrived), I've probably had about two or three spontaneous occasions of having a beer and a further handful of nights out that were long pre-planned and needed baby-sitters organised.

The other major change is in sleep patterns. As the kids are sleeping solidly through the night now we're not too bad but I still get up between 6 and 7am every day now whereas it used to be about 8am through the week and nearer 9am at weekends. 2010 was a hellish year of lack of sleep and I regularly got less than five hours a night.

EDITED to add: It is however all worth every single second of it. :D

I drank maybe 4/5 pints on a Friday night and then maybe 6/8 on a Saturday, so I wouldn't say I was a massive drinker. To be honest, not drinking hasn't really bothered me at all.

I've never been a great sleeper, i suffered from insomnia for a long time so I didn't exactly have to change my sleeping pattern all that much.....but aye, well worth it :D

I take my hat off to those who have stopped drinking as their girlfriend/wife was pregnant. I've certainly stopped drinking as much as I used to since becoming a Dad, but I still enjoy a glass of wine with dinner or a few beers at the weekend whilst at the football/watching MOTD.

That said, I can't honestly remember the last time I was on a night out, probably my stag do in March.

Fair play to all who stopped with there Mrs, I havent stopped but i have cut down alot since she became preg, i even wait until she's in bed some nights thats before starting thats just the kinda guy i am lol i dare say once the baby is here i will pretty much cut it out. And as for sleeping im sure i'll survive with what i get lol

I take my hat off to those who have stopped drinking as their girlfriend/wife was pregnant. I've certainly stopped drinking as much as I used to since becoming a Dad, but I still enjoy a glass of wine with dinner or a few beers at the weekend whilst at the football/watching MOTD.

That said, I can't honestly remember the last time I was on a night out, probably my stag do in March.

I've never been a drinker in the house, I drink socially. If I had been a drinker in the house I probably still would be. It's because I never get the chance to just nip out for a beer now that I rarely have a drink now.

I didn't stop drinking when my wife was pregnant per se, and she didn't expect me to. I did stop about six weeks before the first one was due (or at least I never had more than one beer) in case I had to drive her to the hospital at short notice.

The boy had his 2 year check yesterday with the health visitor. He's bang on the 50th centile for both height and weight. So if he's completely average for his age, you'd think clothes for 18-24months or even some 2-3 years would fit him wouldn't you? Except he's still mostly wearing 12-18 month clothes and has some 9-12 pyjamas and jeans that still fit him. Work that one out for me...

He was at his first football match last night - Buckie Thistle v ICT (poor little bugger). He had a whale of a time and keeps asking "I go see football?" today! Bless him!

Can't believe he'll be 2 next weekend!

Ruairidh is just moving into 2-3 clothes now Renia and he's 3 in 2 months! I weighed him the other day and he's just over the 50th percentile, not bad considering he was below the 0.4th percentile at birth! I must measure him and see where he is height wise.

Niamh is up to the 50th percentile but still sore with the reflux and the Health Visitor came out yesterday. My husband called her for advice about Niamh but as he called her from his work and not me she came to visit. She was so lovely to me which was nice.