Pregnancy And Parenting

I'm voluntarily jaffa'd already, Rowan!

My wee girl has had them a lot worse than my wee boy got them but she hasn't been ill with it, just spotty.

Och well no worries then. Ruairidh had chicken pox in the summer, about 25 spots, a slightly high temp and snotty nose. I took him to the GP to get it confirmed as I was expecting him to be covered head to toe. Nice mild dose though and that's it out the way.

Felt the wee boy kick for the first time last night!

Got a wee henrik in there me thinks!

We were watching our one the other night, first time we could see the movements on the surface. My older one (2) came along, had a look, waved and said "hi baby" left me in tears :lol:

I have another scan tomorrow to see if they can get the heart measured. Third time lucky!

Had Callum seen by a paediatrician today (he's dropped down two weight centile bands) and she came to the conclusion he's got 3 problems - a lactose intolerance, reflux and he's not getting enough milk from breast feeding alone. So we're to keep giving him the lactose medication and introduce top up bottle feeding. The top up feeding seems pretty pointless though and I can see my wife just going down the formula only route by the new year. Then by adding Gaviscon to the bottle we can hopefully kill two birds (the reflux and lack of milk) with one stone.

We both get really frustrated at times (especially me) but it can't be a picnic for him either. On the plus side he's just starting to smile which makes it all worthwhile - until his next half hour bout of screaming anyway.

We both get really frustrated at times (especially me) but it can't be a picnic for him either. On the plus side he's just starting to smile which makes it all worthwhile - until his next half hour bout of screaming anyway.

It's amazing how much can be forgiven with one little smile! Hope that's him getting all sorted now. Fun times just ahead!

My daughter was lactose intolerant and it really can be soul destroying at times.

She got over it naturally after a couple of years but it was tough.

Don't get frustrated at the wee one although it is sometimes tough not to with another face full of sick!!

As everyone else says, the good things outweigh the difficulties by loads. :D

Had Callum seen by a paediatrician today (he's dropped down two weight centile bands) and she came to the conclusion he's got 3 problems - a lactose intolerance, reflux and he's not getting enough milk from breast feeding alone. So we're to keep giving him the lactose medication and introduce top up bottle feeding. The top up feeding seems pretty pointless though and I can see my wife just going down the formula only route by the new year. Then by adding Gaviscon to the bottle we can hopefully kill two birds (the reflux and lack of milk) with one stone.

You have my sympathy. I know what we went through with Steven (who at least wasn't lactose intolerant into the bargain) and it's extraordinarily hard work. It really is. There's no getting away from it.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel though and he'll get there. We were on the gaviscon for about three months until he just outgrew the reflux thing. There's no magic wand but it helps a bit and gradually you;ll notice there are less and less problems with the feeding until you get brave enough to try him without the Gaviscon to see how it goes. Steven gulps his milk down no bother at all now and he's an active little menace about the house at 10 months old today and spent some of this morning happily trying to pull Santa's beard at Mothers & Toddlers apparently!. :D

Got a funeral tomoro of an unborn child. Not looking forward to it

:(

I really don't think I could have coped with that. At least all our problems happened long before you have to look at funerals.

Rest in peace little one.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Please all give your children a cuddle. Was very tough being at the funeral. :(

Puts things in perspective. A friend of a friend's wife had a miscarriage at 7 months a wee while back - I can't imagine how horrendous that would be.