Pregnancy And Parenting

No, just stating what I think. Ruairidh isn't even two, we were trying out the potty and toilet but he's clearly distressed so why persue it? If he was heading towards three then yes but I'm not going to push it.

Where did I say you should? I simply offered up some advice of stuff we'd read when we were potty training. Heaven forbid anyone should pass on advice to others on this thread, though <_<

You are, unquestionably, wrong about P&T though :P

All the things we read said that going back to nappies after starting potty training was the worst thing to do. Both of ours had the odd accident in the early days, but both took to it quickly enough.

In buggy news, if you have two kids of similar-ish ages (ours are two years apart) you have to have a Phil and Teds

phil_and_ted_sports_kid.jpg

No questions, no arguments .. you just have to :P

The one in the pic shows the two seats, for when they're both sitting upright, but the bottom seat comes off and, with some clever jiggery pokery, you slot in a sleeper type thing for a baby and move the seat up to the top.

It was a sad, sad day when we said goodbye to our P&T :(

Aye they look great. Sadly useless if your older kid is longer/taller. We checked out one a few months ago for our wee boy born last January with the thought of sticking bump in the bottom section.

Wee lads head was hitting the top of the canopy no matter how it was adjusted.

Nice design though.

Where did I say you should? I simply offered up some advice of stuff we'd read when we were potty training. Heaven forbid anyone should pass on advice to others on this thread, though <_<

You are, unquestionably, wrong about P&T though :P

I've done reading too and what I've read indicates that if they are distressed then don't push it. He'd told us he'd poo'd earlier in the week and holds his nappy from time to time when weeing so we thought we'd give it a go. He had no nappy on yesterday evening and some of this afternoon, he isn't a crier so when he was utterly inconsolable I knew it was not the right time, so it wasn't as though we'd gone weeks without a nappy.

I did think I was the only one who hated P&T but it turns out so does my friend. Anyway I got my hands on a very cheap in excellent condition second hand nipper this week. If things go tits up with the pregnancy I'l either shove it in the attic or sell it on. We'll really only need it for nursery drops when I go back to work and if I'm unfortunate enough to need to go to the city or Braehead as Ruairidh will probably walk most of the time as he does at the moment.

Aye they look great. Sadly useless if your older kid is longer/taller. We checked out one a few months ago for our wee boy born last January with the thought of sticking bump in the bottom section.

Wee lads head was hitting the top of the canopy no matter how it was adjusted.

Nice design though.

How tall is he?? Our eldest was two and we didnt have any problems with her in the top and a baby in the bottom - she's always been quite tall too, in the 90th percentile most of the time. We used it like that until the youngest could sit up, when we changed it to the configuration in the pic

I've done reading too and what I've read indicates that if they are distressed then don't push it. He'd told us he'd poo'd earlier in the week and holds his nappy from time to time when weeing so we thought we'd give it a go. He had no nappy on yesterday evening and some of this afternoon, he isn't a crier so when he was utterly inconsolable I knew it was not the right time, so it wasn't as though we'd gone weeks without a nappy.

I did think I was the only one who hated P&T but it turns out so does my friend. Anyway I got my hands on a very cheap in excellent condition second hand nipper this week. If things go tits up with the pregnancy I'l either shove it in the attic or sell it on. We'll really only need it for nursery drops when I go back to work and if I'm unfortunate enough to need to go to the city or Braehead as Ruairidh will probably walk most of the time as he does at the moment.

Im sure what youve read is much better than what Ive read. But, like I said, I wasnt trying to tell you what to do, so there really isnt any need to justify yourself

Oh, and you and your friend are wrong :P

Im sure what youve read is much better than what Ive read. But, like I said, I wasnt trying to tell you what to do, so there really isnt any need to justify yourself

Oh, and you and your friend are wrong :P

I've no idea what you have read done. But the one thing I have learnt when reading is that you know your child best so do what suits them. The reading material is fine as a guideline but as a parent your gut instinct is usually the best. :)

Edited by rowan

How tall is he?? Our eldest was two and we didnt have any problems with her in the top and a baby in the bottom - she's always been quite tall too, in the 90th percentile most of the time. We used it like that until the youngest could sit up, when we changed it to the configuration in the pic

Tall enough that the canopy was at his head in July. The lassie in mother are played around with it and got an extra few cm's but it honestly doesn't look a go-er at all. We ended up ordering a britax double buggy. I'll find out the model name of that tonight and give the wee guy a quick measure.

Tall enough that the canopy was at his head in July. The lassie in mother are played around with it and got an extra few cm's but it honestly doesn't look a go-er at all. We ended up ordering a britax double buggy. I'll find out the model name of that tonight and give the wee guy a quick measure.

Must have been a different model to the one we had. There was no adjusting the one we had, you put the seats in and that was pretty much it.

I am sitting watching my daughter at swimming lessons and there is a wee boy spoiling it for everyone else by constantly misbehaving and not listening.

Is it just me or would you as a parent have intervened and had a word with him??

Edit, if you were his parent I mean.

Edited by monkeyblair

Must have been a different model to the one we had. There was no adjusting the one we had, you put the seats in and that was pretty much it.

As far as I know there's the sport and the vibe. I think the sport is the one you mentioned. One of them has a wee bit more room than the other. ( I think ) I'll check later.

I am sitting watching my daughter at swimming lessons and there is a wee boy spoiling it for everyone else by constantly misbehaving and not listening.

Is it just me or would you as a parent have intervened and had a word with him??

Have a word? My mother would have slapped my arse if I was misbehaving. I'd take the quiet-word-followed-by-taking-home route, personally. I hate when some kids ruin things for others and I couldn't stand by and let mine do it.

Tell your daughter to give him a slap at the next lesson.

Have a word? My mother would have slapped my arse if I was misbehaving. I'd take the quiet-word-followed-by-taking-home route, personally. I hate when some kids ruin things for others and I couldn't stand by and let mine do it.

Tell your daughter to give him a slap at the next lesson.

My thoughts exactly, he was being a right pain in the arse and I would have hauled him out too. Mrs thought otherwise....

I guess that parents gut instinct is telling them not to do anything.

Its one of my pet hates too, though, and it happens everywhere. Soft play, swimming pool, the park. Some parents really arent bothered what their kids are up to as long as theyre not bugging them :angry:

As far as I know there's the sport and the vibe. I think the sport is the one you mentioned. One of them has a wee bit more room than the other. ( I think ) I'll check later.

Ours was one of the older models, maybe theyve changed

I don't like the P&T buggies either, to be honest. I don't like that one kid is below the other and their view is basically the back of a buggy. That said, I do like that they're slimline.

With all due respect, youre wrong too :P

Our kids used to fight over who sat in the bottom seat! The view is fine because they look out the sides - I think they preferred it because they could get in and out of it themselves. Having them apart is one of the downsides, although it does stop them winding each other up :lol:

I guess that parents gut instinct is telling them not to do anything.

Its one of my pet hates too, though, and it happens everywhere. Soft play, swimming pool, the park. Some parents really arent bothered what their kids are up to as long as theyre not bugging them :angry:

Ours was one of the older models, maybe theyve changed

Our kids used to fight over who sat in the bottom seat! The view is fine because they look out the sides - I think they preferred it because they could get in and out of it themselves. Having them apart is one of the downsides, although it does stop them winding each other up :lol:

Well there is something we agree on! If my child acted the way I see other children behave at these places we'd be in the car and away home but parents just sit there.

I'm almost afraid to say it now but we looked at these one below the other types (no idea if it was that actual make or not) when we were needing a double buggy and we HATED them. We much preferred the side by side one we got.

I think you're on your own here! ;)

Edited by Skyline Drifter