Pregnancy And Parenting

We have that one. It's absolutely fantastic, so incredibly light to use and easily folded.

It gets alot of good reviews and the simple fold is also a plus along with folding to a relatively small size which seeing as it'll probably live in the car is also a bonus. I looked at the tandems but they are so long and being a bit short didn't like the steering and that was without any child in it.

It gets alot of good reviews and the simple fold is also a plus along with folding to a relatively small size which seeing as it'll probably live in the car is also a bonus. I looked at the tandems but they are so long and being a bit short didn't like the steering and that was without any child in it.

It doesn't fold that small, although there's inevitably a limit to how small any double buggy is going to fold.

It goes in the wife's Fiesta boot ok as long as the parcel shelf is removed but that's it filled. You couldn't get anything else in there. It also takes a fair chunk of the space in my Passat boot. We're away on holiday for a few days from Tuesday and taking it with us. I have yet to establish exactly how I'm going to get everything else in the car given that the half of the back seat that I used for much of it last year now has another child in it! We're just going to have to take a lot less than we did last year and pack it in a bit better.

It doesn't fold that small, although there's inevitably a limit to how small any double buggy is going to fold.

It goes in the wife's Fiesta boot ok as long as the parcel shelf is removed but that's it filled. You couldn't get anything else in there. It also takes a fair chunk of the space in my Passat boot. We're away on holiday for a few days from Tuesday and taking it with us. I have yet to establish exactly how I'm going to get everything else in the car given that the half of the back seat that I used for much of it last year now has another child in it! We're just going to have to take a lot less than we did last year and pack it in a bit better.

Well, when I said small I did mean in relative terms! I think we're also going to have to get a roof box as by the time I put a tandem and two dogs in the boot and two kids in the back we won't have room for suitcases when we go north.

Congratulations Bairnpunter!

Well, when I said small I did mean in relative terms! I think we're also going to have to get a roof box as by the time I put a tandem and two dogs in the boot and two kids in the back we won't have room for suitcases when we go north.

Congratulations Bairnpunter!

will you be able to reach the roof box? :P Sorry.

PS when are you actually due?

will you be able to reach the roof box? :P Sorry.

PS when are you actually due?

Probably not :lol:

End of March start of April, will be given a date at a later scan! I've worked it out to by about the 12th April! Could do with going by 30th March as the Torries are doing away with the Baby Element of Tax Credits on 1st April :lol:

In other news going to try and start potty training on Thursday afternoon.

Probably not :lol:

End of March start of April, will be given a date at a later scan! I've worked it out to by about the 12th April! Could do with going by 30th March as the Torries are doing away with the Baby Element of Tax Credits on 1st April :lol:

In other news going to try and start potty training on Thursday afternoon.

Callum hated using a potty - he went straight to standing on a step and used the loo. He couldn't quite get his head round sitting so copied his dad! Apart from the step obviously.

Good luck with the potty training Rowan! What signs was Ru showing, out of interest (and for future reference!!)?

Well he's holding his nappy and telling us when he has poo'd. Last night he said "Dad, done poo!" We're not sure if he is ready or not, if he is then he'll have Thurs afternoon then all Fri-Mon at home before nursery again so we will be able to get him use to it before he's there.

Might not be time and I won't push him.

Potty training aborted. Wee soul was hysterical after a poo in pants today and so far hasn't once gone to the potty. Don't think he's far away but don't want negative assosications so I'll leave it until we get back from out trip in September.

Potty training aborted. Wee soul was hysterical after a poo in pants today and so far hasn't once gone to the potty. Don't think he's far away but don't want negative assosications so I'll leave it until we get back from out trip in September.

All the things we read said that going back to nappies after starting potty training was the worst thing to do. Both of ours had the odd accident in the early days, but both took to it quickly enough.

In buggy news, if you have two kids of similar-ish ages (ours are two years apart) you have to have a Phil and Teds

phil_and_ted_sports_kid.jpg

No questions, no arguments .. you just have to :P

The one in the pic shows the two seats, for when they're both sitting upright, but the bottom seat comes off and, with some clever jiggery pokery, you slot in a sleeper type thing for a baby and move the seat up to the top.

It was a sad, sad day when we said goodbye to our P&T :(

Geez. Touchy much?

No, just stating what I think. Ruairidh isn't even two, we were trying out the potty and toilet but he's clearly distressed so why persue it? If he was heading towards three then yes but I'm not going to push it.