Reading Saintee

Pregnancy And Parenting

I don't think you would to be honest.

Yeah, he sounds like he's getting there! :D

Teething is lasting for months, this what your kid is going through lasts for up to a month or is it more than that?

Teething is lasting for months, this what your kid is going through lasts for up to a month or is it more than that?

No but he's been in Children's ward for a day and then taken to A&E in an ambulance.....give me teething any day!

No but he's been in Children's ward for a day and then taken to A&E in an ambulance.....give me teething any day!

hope the wee ones better soon. ;)

All kids are different. Charlie's just miserable, Ashley never seemed to notice all that much but Robert, my eldest, got terrible colds and diarrhoea with every tooth. Yes, it's horrible when they're teething, but it's nowhere near as dangerous as Gastroenteritis can be. Clicky.

All kids are different. Charlie's just miserable, Ashley never seemed to notice all that much but Robert, my eldest, got terrible colds and diarrhoea with every tooth. Yes, it's horrible when they're teething, but it's nowhere near as dangerous as Gastroenteritis can be. Clicky.

Indeed.

I accept GMan is having a hard time with the teething it would seem but seriously to prefer gastroenteritis to teething is mental. :blink:

However, I can't really say it's fair for me to compare them either. Thomas has rarely been bothered much at all about teething. He screamed himself to sleep for a good hour last night right enough which we think was teething but that's only about the 2nd or 3rd night in over a year when teeth appear to have bothered him. He's always been a content and happy baby. His brother is louder and cries more at the same stage so no doubt he'll be bad for the teething too.

Indeed.

I accept GMan is having a hard time with the teething it would seem but seriously to prefer gastroenteritis to teething is mental. :blink:

However, I can't really say it's fair for me to compare them either. Thomas has rarely been bothered much at all about teething. He screamed himself to sleep for a good hour last night right enough which we think was teething but that's only about the 2nd or 3rd night in over a year when teeth appear to have bothered him. He's always been a content and happy baby. His brother is louder and cries more at the same stage so no doubt he'll be bad for the teething too.

To be honest i didnt know it was deadly, i just went from what the phoniex said as in shitty nappies and sick and so on as my son hasnt really been sick before. I must admit though the teething dosnt seem to be to bad as of late, so hopefully we are through the hardest part of teething as he is sleeping great these days, he will soon be into his own room. But for now we are just content we him sleeping and not wakening

I had sausages and mash.

Excellent. :lol:

To be honest i didnt know it was deadly, i just went from what the phoniex said as in shitty nappies and sick and so on as my son hasnt really been sick before. I must admit though the teething dosnt seem to be to bad as of late, so hopefully we are through the hardest part of teething as he is sleeping great these days, he will soon be into his own room. But for now we are just content we him sleeping and not wakening

I hate to break it to you, but teething will get worse when the big back teeth start coming. Brace yourself!

Wee one is much better today, he's been out for a walk. Having his nap just now but he's a better colour and seems to have stopped being sick and diahoreea.

Is there any make of nappy that doesn't leak pooh? I swear I've tried pampers, huggies, tesco asda and sainsburys own brand and none of them keep pooh in

Is there any make of nappy that doesn't leak pooh? I swear I've tried pampers, huggies, tesco asda and sainsburys own brand and none of them keep pooh in

I've always found Pampers to be pretty good, but you have to make sure you have the leg cuffs the right way. If they're tucked inside the nappy, you'll get leakage.

Terry nappies with a motherease wrap - only ones I've used that haven't leaked. I never used them before the wee man was on solids though, so don't know how they'd cope with milky nappies... I used Pampers before then - I found them better than other brands, but they still leaked when there was a particularly bad poonami!

We had to take the wee man to out of hours today - he had a temp of 39.4˚ and Calpol wasn't helping. Poor wee mannie just sat and cuddled into me all day, which he never does - he's the most un-cuddly baby in the world, never stops wriggling usually. Doc said it's probably teeth or something viral. He's had 2 teeth pop through in the last week, so I suppose it could be teeth, but he's never been this bad with teeth before. Ah well, he's sleeping now, hope we have a better night tonight than last night, that was awful :(

:( All these poorly babies! I hope they're all doing better now.

called NHS 24 and they send an ambulance which was a bit scary when it pulled up with blue lights. Really not necesarry as we're only 2 miles from the RAH but NHS 24 said that with circulation problems in children it's procedure.

It's NHS Direct down here - they insisted on sending an ambulance here too when Elise was 2. I knew fine it wasn't necessary and had only phoned for a some peace of mind! Instead I got an ambulance because of "policy/procedure". I don't phone them any more.

This is backed up by the fact that he is stunt baby, having twice now got down the stairs by going under the stair gate and surfing down on his belly!

:lol: I know I've heard this story this week already but it still made me laugh. Brilliant. I need to see it!

Washable nappies? Most people reckon they don't leak like disposables. I didn't have problems with mine when I used them.

We had to take the wee man to out of hours today - he had a temp of 39.4˚ and Calpol wasn't helping. Poor wee mannie just sat and cuddled into me all day, which he never does - he's the most un-cuddly baby in the world, never stops wriggling usually. Doc said it's probably teeth or something viral. He's had 2 teeth pop through in the last week, so I suppose it could be teeth, but he's never been this bad with teeth before. Ah well, he's sleeping now, hope we have a better night tonight than last night, that was awful :(

Oh no poor wee man. How's he doing this morning?

I've always found Pampers to be pretty good, but you have to make sure you have the leg cuffs the right way. If they're tucked inside the nappy, you'll get leakage.

Agree with that.

Can't say I've researched extensively (and to hell with that real nappy nonsense, that's far too much work) but we found Pampers to be much better than the couple of other brands we tried. And likewise that they work better with the leg cuffs outside.

Thomas maybe had two or three episodes before he went onto solids where the poo leaked out and either down his leg or up his back, but not many. Steven hasn't had any like that yet so far as I know.

Thanks for the advice re nappies and leaky pooh chaps, much appreciated. Thankfully it's fairly obvious when she is having a poo so it is generally possible to take action promptly to prevent leakage, but on the occasions when it isn't detected it goes everywhere (over the nappy up her back, up her tummy) and of course she is kicking away and the poo gets all over her legs, feet and me, which is fun.