Pregnancy And Parenting

Am I missing some tracking shit? someone better put me right or the midwife is getting a swift jab next time I see her........admittedly from behind because the burd says she is a bruiser.

No, due to miscarriage in the past they are keeping a very close eye on me. Yes, early days but I'm out of normal clothes already.

No, due to miscarriage in the past they are keeping a very close eye on me. Yes, early days but I'm out of normal clothes already.

Congratulations!

How often are they taking you in? I had to go every other day. What a pain in the arse that was.

Congratulations!

How often are they taking you in? I had to go every other day. What a pain in the arse that was.

Because they could see yolk this week they've moved me to scans only thankfully. I was offered weekly but asked for fortnightly as there will be more development.

Congratulations!

If it was a pain in the arse you wouldn't have got pregnant! Boom tishaahhh! :P;)

Congrats Rowan.

Because they could see yolk this week they've moved me to scans only thankfully. I was offered weekly but asked for fortnightly as there will be more development.

Aye, I don't blame you. I found it more worrying seeing so little change because your mind starts wondering why! It was a relief to spread them out a bit more.

Still, :D :D :D

Aye, I don't blame you. I found it more worrying seeing so little change because your mind starts wondering why! It was a relief to spread them out a bit more.

Still, :D :D :D

Yes, that was my theory too, hopefully a heartbeat next time, as I said early days.

Congratulations Rowan. :D

No idea what 'hormone tracking' is though. We were on high risk and early scans several times but no-one ever mentioned that term. I've no idea what good it does anyway? So far as I can see all it might do is let you know a wee bit earlier which ultimately doesn't matter much. There's nothing they can do to stop it happening unless it's actually for an obvious medical reason. :(

Enough negativity though. All the best.Two is so much harder work it's unbelievable! :ph34r:

No idea what 'hormone tracking' is though. We were on high risk and early scans several times but no-one ever mentioned that term. I've no idea what good it does anyway? So far as I can see all it might do is let you know a wee bit earlier which ultimately doesn't matter much. There's nothing they can do to stop it happening unless it's actually for an obvious medical reason. :(

Enough negativity though. All the best.Two is so much harder work it's unbelievable! :ph34r:

It shows if your hormones are doubling, this was conducted after I knew that I was pregnant, as to what good it does, well frankly having a slightly less worried and worked up mum can only be a benefit. I'm well aware that it will not do anything to stop miscarriage happening however I will happily give up 10minutes to have a blood test done to give me the reassurance that things are progressing. Just as I will be scanned every two weeks between now and 12 weeks to ensure progress and pick up any blited ovum more swiftly should that happen again. I had the same when I was pregnant with Ruairidh, the EPU here is excellent. You really can find a negative in everything.

It shows if your hormones are doubling, this was conducted after I knew that I was pregnant, as to what good it does, well frankly having a slightly less worried and worked up mum can only be a benefit. I'm well aware that it will not do anything to stop miscarriage happening however I will happily give up 10minutes to have a blood test done to give me the reassurance that things are progressing. Just as I will be scanned every two weeks between now and 12 weeks to ensure progress and pick up any blited ovum more swiftly should that happen again. I had the same when I was pregnant with Ruairidh, the EPU here is excellent. You really can find a negative in everything.

Sorry, is that a "go" at me? :unsure:

I wasn't trying to be negative. In fact I made an effort to be positive. Genuinely sorry. I didn't mean to cause any offence. I just hadn't heard the terms at all before and didn't know what it meant.

I'll be retreating out of here with my tail between my legs then.............. :(

Sorry, is that a "go" at me? :unsure:

I wasn't trying to be negative. In fact I made an effort to be positive. Genuinely sorry. I didn't mean to cause any offence. I just hadn't heard the terms at all before and didn't know what it meant.

I'll be retreating out of here with my tail between my legs then.............. :(

I thought you were having a go at me for having the tests and scan.

Sorry I misunderstood you.

I thought you were having a go at me for having the tests and scan.

Sorry I misunderstood you.

Jesus Christ no. :o Why would I have a go at you for having tests and scans? I read it again but I can't see how you would have got that impression.

Like I say, I'll retreat from this. I certainly didn't want or mean to upset you and I'm quite disappointed that somehow I seem to have done so.

Good luck.

The hormone tracking and scans can also give a good indication of where the pregnancy is progressing. If you have a sac in the uterus that's too small to see anything in, the hormones will tell you if it's progressing properly. In cases of ectopic pregnancy, you can have a pseudo sac in the uterus while a yolk sac and pregnancy is forming in a fallopian tube. The hormones will still double while the sac in the uterus will grow at a slower rate than in a normal pregnancy, so a sonographer will know to check elsewhere for anything growing where it shouldn't be. The sooner they can find the ectopic pregnancy and remove it, the less damage to the mother and lower likelihood of reduced fertility/infertility in future.