Pregnancy And Parenting

Good stuff :D

But when it is coupled with ADHD it is a nightmare as PJ always wants the last word and gets frustrated and lashes out,Some people see her as just a bad kid,But they don't see her crying in her bed at night asking for this thing to get out her brain. :(

I love her as much as i love my own kids.

Yeah my sister was labelled with all of that but we managed to work her through it, she knows what shes got but she won't let it get to her, she's very level headed and knows what she wants.

Na they are good kids but i wished they would try and remember i am not the bank of scotland :rolleyes:

They have their own flat since their mum fucked off to england to stay with her boyfriend,But that is another story.

I also have a step daughter with ADHD and disleksia and she is a handfull but wouldn't swap her for anything in the world.

As Reina says being a parent is great :D

:lol:

Sorry I found that quite amusing! If it was deliberate it was genius. If not, a fantastic coincidence.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been to the Maternity unit in Livingston? We've switched there from Stirling partially on a recommendation but most because Stirliong is a shithole. The hospitals in Falkirk and Stirling really have gone to seed since the talk and subsequent building of the super-hospital in Larbert started.

I looked round it when I was a Student midwife many years ago.

My sister-in-law had both her girls there and had no complaints about her care or the hospital. Meghan who is 3 today was born 9 weeks early so they spent a fair amount of time in the Unit.

Has anyone been to the Maternity unit in Livingston? We've switched there from Stirling partially on a recommendation but most because Stirliong is a shithole. The hospitals in Falkirk and Stirling really have gone to seed since the talk and subsequent building of the super-hospital in Larbert started.

My mate lives in Kirkliston and both his kids were born at St John's Maternity in Livingston. They had no complaints but that was more than a decade ago so probably of no great relevance to you now.

My mate lives in Kirkliston and both his kids were born at St John's Maternity in Livingston. They had no complaints but that was more than a decade ago so probably of no great relevance to you now.

Whenever I see you have just posted on here I'm expecting it to be you announcing that your wifes pregnant again. :lol:

:ph34r:

Seriously? That's where I'm from originally.

Whenever I see you have just posted on here I'm expecting it to be you announcing that your wifes pregnant again. :lol:

:ph34r:

No. Two is the limit. We're not having any more.

No 2 son has successfully survived being left with daddy all weekend when mummy went to stay with her sister for the weekend though. (No 1 son however went to stay with Granny as daddy probably wouldn't have coped with both of them alone! :ph34r: )

Seriously? That's where I'm from originally.

No, I just made a random location up in the Livingston locale for no good reason. :P

Seriously, yes, He's lived there since the mid-1990's. I've stayed many a night in Kirkliston over the years. Good chip shop, dreadful pubs. :lol:

Cal got his first proper shoes on Saturday. So so cute! But £28?!!! Fecking hell... Still, he's happy now as he gets to walk on the chuckies without hurting his feet. :)

Clarks? I'm not going back as the ones Ruairidh have had been of poor quality.

Cal got his first proper shoes on Saturday. So so cute! But £28?!!! Fecking hell... Still, he's happy now as he gets to walk on the chuckies without hurting his feet. :)

Thomas is on his second pair. I think the first pair was £30 but they made an arse of it and despite measuring his feet properly they then gave us the wrong size shoes! (Yes it was Clark's Rowan). Had to take them back and got a £20 credit note as compensation so pair no 2 only cost a tenner. Or something like that anyway, wasn't me that took him.

"chuckies" ? :huh:

I wondered that. I'm guessing it's some sort of stones or pebbles. :unsure:

Yeah, chuckies are stones in the garden. Div ye nae spik Inglish like?

Yeah Rowan, was Clarks. Where do you go instead? Clarks are really the only place up here - that or DE Shoes... but it's Clarks shoes they sell! :lol:

Edited by Reina

Yes, but I guess we would probably call them "lying on the groundies" :P

Charlie's on his second pair of Clarks and he's only had a second pair because he's grown out of the first. We've not had any problems with them at all, and he's never off his feet.

Same. Pretty much all our kids shoes, certainly when they were younger, were Clarks and we never had any problems with them.

Good stuff :D

But when it is coupled with ADHD it is a nightmare as PJ always wants the last word and gets frustrated and lashes out,Some people see her as just a bad kid,But they don't see her crying in her bed at night asking for this thing to get out her brain. :(

I love her as much as i love my own kids.

My oldest has AD/HD, he was diagnosed in primary 3, he struggled all though primary school and we were constantly at the head of each year in turn wanting more help with his work and a visit from the educational psychologist, as was recommended by the Doctors at Dudhope in Dundee. At one point the teacher at the unit where he went for extra help said he wasn't struggling any more than the other kids she had, he's so far behind it scares me.

He's just finished his first year at secondary school and a few months ago we got a 3 page report on him outlining strong dyslexic tendencies and coordination issues (hence his atrocious hand writing), at last someone has taken an educated interest in him.

Yeah Rowan, was Clarks. Where do you go instead? Clarks are really the only place up here - that or DE Shoes... but it's Clarks shoes they sell! :lol:

Next have we leather shoes so I'm going to try them instead next time.

My oldest has AD/HD, he was diagnosed in primary 3, he struggled all though primary school and we were constantly at the head of each year in turn wanting more help with his work and a visit from the educational psychologist, as was recommended by the Doctors at Dudhope in Dundee. At one point the teacher at the unit where he went for extra help said he wasn't struggling any more than the other kids she had, he's so far behind it scares me.

He's just finished his first year at secondary school and a few months ago we got a 3 page report on him outlining strong dyslexic tendencies and coordination issues (hence his atrocious hand writing), at last someone has taken an educated interest in him.

We screamed out for help at primary school but were told girls don't get ADHD <_<

We now have help thanks to Falkirk High School educational psychologist and things are looking up,She also suffers from insomnia and has to be medicated for that as well.

She wants to be a vet when she leaves school and i will do everything to help her do that.