Pregnancy And Parenting

9 hours ago, Ross. said:

Due date is 03 April, so around 17 weeks. She already has a fairly noticeable bump, which she is raging about as none of her sisters were as obviously pregnant as she is at this stage.

Probably because she’s worked hard at getting fit so little fat to conceal if that makes sense!

Don’t blame self too much, takes two lol!!

21 hours ago, keithgy said:

No we are going for residency which means the kids stay with us without the need of a child protection every year,we need to serve her as it goes in front of a sheriff.It is  very expensive way to do it but means stability for the kids.The social work dept are funding £6k in legal fees for us.

For all their faults social work usually come up trumps in situations like this re legal fees etc.

You definitely have to take each day as it comes. Looks like she is doing well so far g-man.

Fraser was born at 29 weeks and he is absolutely thriving. He has no health issues (so far) and is catching up with his corrected age peers quickly. He's also the chunkiest child I have ever met. He weighs a fucking ton after being born at 2lbs 15oz.

20191023_212357.jpg

57 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

You definitely have to take each day as it comes. Looks like she is doing well so far g-man.

Fraser was born at 29 weeks and he is absolutely thriving. He has no health issues (so far) and is catching up with his corrected age peers quickly. He's also the chunkiest child I have ever met. He weighs a fucking ton after being born at 2lbs 15oz.

20191023_212357.jpg

Always nice to see stories like this. My MD had her first at 24 weeks, she didn't get out of hospital for months. 22 years later she's 5ft 10 and about to graduate from St Andrews uni. Amazing what our health professionals are capable of. 

12 hours ago, Ross. said:

I'm guessing it's getting squished because we appear to be having an incredibly fat baby. Either that or my missus is just unfortunate that it looks like she is far further on than she actually is.

Poor girl is gutted with regards to exercise as it happens. Usually does TRX, Pilates and a session with a PT but is already struggling with the first and last of those. Spent the last couple of years putting a lot of effort into getting in shape and I had to go and ruin it for her.

Better get used to the abrupt interruptions in yer sleep mate! My wee lassie who's now 16 months still likes to wake up in the middle of the night and now usually ends up in with us as we can't get her to sleep back in her cot 🙈. Could probably count on 2 hands how many full night sleeps she's had 😂

19 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Better get used to the abrupt interruptions in yer sleep mate! My wee lassie who's now 16 months still likes to wake up in the middle of the night and now usually ends up in with us as we can't get her to sleep back in her cot 🙈. Could probably count on 2 hands how many full night sleeps she's had 😂

6 yrs on and she’s still in beside me! 

476B11FC-112C-44EC-B1A9-E59A0886E348.jpeg

6 yrs on and she’s still in beside me! 
476B11FC-112C-44EC-B1A9-E59A0886E348.thumb.jpeg.d0ad36bb3d0b73b65547393be477243a.jpeg
Brutal [emoji85]. My daughters sleeping in her own room just now. I'm a deep sleeper so don't really wake up when the wife brings her in but I usually wake up to my head being kicked in at 5.30am with the wee yin finding it very funny [emoji23]

I’m on my own with them and I’ve always been relaxed about them being in the bed. Not sure how we ended up with three!

Only wee for such a short time. Plus she warms bed up!

Even now my son will occasionally ask night in beside me!

Frankly so long as they’re asleep I don’t care!!

Same, ours is 5 and every b*****ding night since she's been able to make it to our bed she has done. We had a 4 week layoff when she started school - I think she was just so knackered she slept right through - but Chicago teachers went on strike last Thursday, so it's kicked back up again now.

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:
2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Is she ‘doing well’ or ‘making good progress’ to keep terms simple?

Yeah she doing well. Just got to take each day as it comes.

That hat would make a great egg cosy and it won't fit for long. Don't leave it to the nurses.

My one is the opposite. We take her to our room to watch a cartoon before bed and used to do it in the morning as well but she's never slept with us. She was unwell last week and I took her in with me. After 5 minutes she was going nuts: "I want to sleep in my own bed!" Definitely a independent wee shite at times [emoji38]

8 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

This is precisely the sort of thing that put the whole having kids thing off for me for a very long time...

24 minutes ago, Ross. said:

This is precisely the sort of thing that put the whole having kids thing off for me for a very long time...

No idea the amount of times I've told her at 5am that I'm getting the snip 😂😂

Kids are great mate, got my wee daughter all cute dancing away in the livingroom right now, always a fun watch! 

Guessing your baby will be a wee bilingual one? 

2 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

No idea the amount of times I've told her at 5am that I'm getting the snip 😂😂

Kids are great mate, got my wee daughter all cute dancing away in the livingroom right now, always a fun watch! 

Guessing your baby will be a wee bilingual one? 

Ideally it will grow up speaking German/Swiss German and English. Poor thing might end up with a heavy Swiss accent when speaking German and a heavy West of Scotland accent when speaking English, which rules out both as being useful in 99% of the world!

3 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Ideally it will grow up speaking German/Swiss German and English. Poor thing might end up with a heavy Swiss accent when speaking German and a heavy West of Scotland accent when speaking English, which rules out both as being useful in 99% of the world!

I speak a wee bit of German so I'm bringing up our daughter to be bilingual so she watched the baby equivalent to Baby TV but mostly she listen to German Pop music. Funnily enough her favourite is a Swiss lassie called Beatrice Egli, she loves her! Plus she's a wid 😂

15 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Or Swiss German with a west Scotland accent 😂