Pregnancy And Parenting

My youngest hasn't been too well lately, and has ended up coming through to our bed to sleep with us. I don't mind this as a one-off, but last night she was full-on Bruce Lee. I woke with both her hands round my neck at one point, and the wife got a karate chop in the face.

Started working out how much we will have to spend on baby stuff. On the plus side as my wife has a family full of people who have recently had children we've been handed a lot of stuff (particularly the expensive stuff), on the other nappies are going to cost us a lot more than I had realised.

I've also discovered there are a lot of perils that I had never considered, apparently you can't have anything in a cot with a baby as they can suffocate etc. My mum is a health visiter and has basically reeled off a long list of things we aren't supposed to do.

A lot of its shite, mate.

We hardly bought anything before the baby was born and just bought when we needed it. My brother has a whole load of unused stuff he bought and didn't need.

Should have waited till he had a baby.

A lot of its shite, mate.

We hardly bought anything before the baby was born and just bought when we needed it. My brother has a whole load of unused stuff he bought and didn't need.

Basically our shopping list seems to currently be nappies and a cot mattress. Everything else we think we might need has either been given to us already or promised to us, from grateful relatives who seem relieved to be finally getting rid of the stuff.

Started working out how much we will have to spend on baby stuff. On the plus side as my wife has a family full of people who have recently had children we've been handed a lot of stuff (particularly the expensive stuff), on the other nappies are going to cost us a lot more than I had realised.

I've also discovered there are a lot of perils that I had never considered, apparently you can't have anything in a cot with a baby as they can suffocate etc. My mum is a health visiter and has basically reeled off a long list of things we aren't supposed to do.

It's easy to get carried away and buy loads of stuff for your first one, especially if you listen to everyone who's had a kid tell you what's a must have.

My first had everything imaginable from our parents as it was both their first grandchild and most of it was never used or didn't help.

First one had all kinds of gadgets to help her sleep or stimulate her when awake, I don't think any worked. Third one got dumped in a bouncy chair in front of the switched on dishwasher with my jumper over him to nap and given a remote control to play with when he woke if we were busy with the other two and he was happy as could be.

Wee bit different as the health visitor is your Mum but some of the advice our HV suggested was frightening, we've still never seen her since our third was born and he's two in January.

My youngest hasn't been too well lately, and has ended up coming through to our bed to sleep with us. I don't mind this as a one-off, but last night she was full-on Bruce Lee. I woke with both her hands round my neck at one point, and the wife got a karate chop in the face.

Never underestimate their skill from going vertical to horizontal with fourteen kicks and punches along the way each and every four minutes when brought into your bed.

My youngest isn't 100% just now either and is waking about 5 each morning. Experienced me now goes and gets him, drops him in my position, pillows to the side then I head to his bed.

Quality hour or so for me while the wife gets battered.

I'm sensing that the latter statement may have had something to do with the former :P

All this selling players to Celtic has rubbed off on you.

Anyway, the nativity play rehearsals have begun in my hoose. Joy.

Good of you to offer your place up for the weans to practice in, considering.

Is the wean likely to be a third snowflake, or a gender-neutral Jesus?

She's the little angel in the story of How the Little Angel Got her Wings.

I'm trying to get her to do it in a Pacino-Scarface style.

Superb :thumsup2

Think it was your pal Dara O'Briain who asked his audience for the most inappropriate nursery nativity adaptations; in amongst the Die Hards and Reservoir Dogs', someone suggested Basic Instinct :lol: