Pregnancy And Parenting

The wee one had another night terror last night, I heard some sobbing and when I went into her room to check she started screaming "They're trying to eat me!", took her downstairs and put the lights on, she then began jumping up and down like rumpelstiltskin and started seeing things again, screaming at the top of her voice the whole time(she must have woke the neighbours with this one).

It was by far the worst one yet and I was up at 5.15 this morning to travel to Liverpool, expecting another one to kick off tonight as soon as my head hits the pillow.

How warm is her bedroom? I ask because I'm a chronic night terror sufferer. It's actually starting to really annoy me in all honesty. But my body temperature plays a massive role in whether or not I suffer from them. It's maybe not the reason your bairn is, but it could be a possibility. The difficulty for you would be getting the room temperature just right. Obviously you need it cool enough for her to stop suffering, but still warm enough so she doesn't get the cold. Maybe worth checking her temperature (or physically feeling if she's sweating) the next time she has one. If she is roasting then it's possibly not as a result of the terror, it's more likely the cause. Hopefully that's what's causing it.

Our wee one has had a rash all over her chin for the last month. She's got her incisors coming in and is drooling quite a bit, so we think that's probably got something to do with it. We decided to do away with the dummy she gets in bed as we thought that wouldn't be helping.

First night she screamed for near enough 2 hours before going to sleep, then was up again crying for an hour during the night. Second night, she cried for 15 mins then slept right through, which she never really does. The last couple of nights there's been a wee bit of crying when we put her down, then she's sleeping right through. So it would appear that whilst the dummy was good at getting her to go over, she would wake up wanting it during the night, but now she's not being given the dummy to start with, she sleeps right through!

Happy days.

How warm is her bedroom? I ask because I'm a chronic night terror sufferer. It's actually starting to really annoy me in all honesty. But my body temperature plays a massive role in whether or not I suffer from them. It's maybe not the reason your bairn is, but it could be a possibility. The difficulty for you would be getting the room temperature just right. Obviously you need it cool enough for her to stop suffering, but still warm enough so she doesn't get the cold. Maybe worth checking her temperature (or physically feeling if she's sweating) the next time she has one. If she is roasting then it's possibly not as a result of the terror, it's more likely the cause. Hopefully that's what's causing it.

I'll give that a try, thanks!

She does feel like a wee radiator most of the time so that could be a contributing factor at least, think I'll leave her window open tonight!

I'll be a quivering bubbling wreck in August when the wee lass starts school in August.

It's all part of the process.

Not enough Augusts in that post, in my august opinion...

I'll be a quivering bubbling wreck in August when the wee lass starts school in August.

It's all part of the process.

I remember the day before our wee lass started. The family were here, BBQ, and junior got dressed in her school clothes for photos.

Amazing how time flies, 'junior' has almost finished six year studies, passed the driving test, and has options for Uni courses..

Our finances have never been that great and now it's gonna get even worse... :-(

Enjoy the journey Mozza'...

I was a blubbering wreck when our eldest started school. Made him a fry up for the first day, start as you mean to go on.

Cannot wait to the youngest goes to school, sick of Sodexo taking £243 from my wage each month!

• 2 weeks later...

4 days for us!

Amazing to think my life is going to be turned upside down any day now. Can't wait for it though.

Well, 11 days after the due date, my daughter made her way into the world in early hours of Saturday morning!

Absolutely over the moon to be a Daddy!

Well, 11 days after the due date, my daughter made her way into the world in early hours of Saturday morning!

Hiya Prince William, hiya pal :P

Congrats mate, any name yet?

I was a blubbering wreck when our eldest started school.

I dread to think what state the wife will be in when this happens to us in 18mths time. She was apparently in bits last week when she took our daughter to her first ballet class!

Congrats mate.

We are due next Friday but the Mrs is getting serve back pain and some twinges now and again.

Cannot wait to meet our daughter.

Reading Saintee -1

Scary Bear: 3
Rowan 3
Reina 2
Lm 1
Swarley 2
Mozza 1
Skyline Drifter - 2
die hard doonhamer - 2
Scottsdad - 1
Bobby Skidmarks - 1
Weirdcal - 1
Mallo_Madrid -2
Shuggie - 2
lightscamera - 2

Nelsjfc - 2
G_Man1985 - 2

energyzone -1

Gaz -2

milton75 -1

mozam76 -1

gav-ffc - 1/2

pub car king -1 + 1/3

bobby carlos - 2

Nelly 78 - 1

Desp - 2/3

Sparky88 - 1

Desp - 1

8MileBU - 1

Duffman/Gunther - 1?

Running total - 42 + 1/2 + 1/3 + 2/3

Grandchildren: JG - 4 + 1/3

Romeo - 2

Keithgy - 1/2

heedthebaa -3

Grand total - 51 + 2 x 1/2 + 2 x 1/3 + 2/3

Regarding the bold - no idea, just a geriatric screw up on my part.

Edited by Jacksgranda

I dread to think what state the wife will be in when this happens to us in 18mths time. She was apparently in bits last week when she took our daughter to her first ballet class!

I don't get this (mainly female) nonsense.

On my wee ones first day of school I felt no emotion whatsoever, pretty much the only thing I remember thinking was "only 11 years to go".

Next year it will be "10 years to go" and so on......x 10.