Pregnancy And Parenting

Stll not got the wee one home yet, so that's her into her 4th week in the SCU, and feck knows when we'll get her home as the consultants have said she'll need oxygen for another week at least, possibly longer,

Anyone had any experience of home oxygen? as the hospital are telling us it takes around 2 weeks to get sorted out as the house needs assessed and we need trained in resuscitation etc, and if she is going to be needing it for several weeks, i'd rather have her home than being in hospital as it's now starting to take it's toll on everyone with her not being here!!!

Stll not got the wee one home yet, so that's her into her 4th week in the SCU, and feck knows when we'll get her home as the consultants have said she'll need oxygen for another week at least, possibly longer,

Anyone had any experience of home oxygen? as the hospital are telling us it takes around 2 weeks to get sorted out as the house needs assessed and we need trained in resuscitation etc, and if she is going to be needing it for several weeks, i'd rather have her home than being in hospital as it's now starting to take it's toll on everyone with her not being here!!!

Know nothing about it, and I've not been in your situation so I accept I may think differently if I was, but personally I'd much rather in that position she stayed in hospital where people who know about resuscitation professionally are at hand. If she needs oxygen I'd rather she got it there than turned our home into a hospital.

Mine have needed spells of oxygen and inhalers on many occasions in the last few years and we've been happy to have them in hospital for that time. And we live a mile from the hospital.

Good luck with everything however you handle it though.

Why would you take babies or very small toddlers on a long haul anyway?? My sister has two small kids and would only ever go to Spain, France etc on a plane. She says she wouldn't subject herself or other passengers in case of any problems on any flight over 2 hours.

Did the other passengers complain about yours?

To visit family?

I don't know if anyone complained, nobody said anything to be us. TBH I couldn't care less, what would happen if someone complained?

Know nothing about it, and I've not been in your situation so I accept I may think differently if I was, but personally I'd much rather in that position she stayed in hospital where people who know about resuscitation professionally are at hand. If she needs oxygen I'd rather she got it there than turned our home into a hospital.

Mine have needed spells of oxygen and inhalers on many occasions in the last few years and we've been happy to have them in hospital for that time. And we live a mile from the hospital.

Good luck with everything however you handle it though.

I understand your view, and if there wasn't so much uncertainty over how long she'll need oxygen for, we'd happily keep her in hospital, but everytime they've tried her off it, she's having to go back on it at increased volume and the consultant keeps saying it could be a week or it could be 10 weeks, it's a nightmare,

We're just over an hour from the hospital and the daily visit is becoming frustrating for several reasons as it's becoming an issue for childcare with our other young ones and also the time i'm having to take off from work, so if it's a case that she's going to be needing it for longer than just another week, we'd rather have her home, and it's also starting to really hit the mrs hard as she's also missing her terribly, but i completely understand your thoughts and it's certainly not something we've been considering without major thought and discussion.

Baby Jessica Elaine Addie was born in Wishaw General today at 1220.

Mother and baby healthy and she weighs 8lb 9. The smallest of my three. :thumsup2

Baby Jessica Elaine Addie was born in Wishaw General today at 1220.

Mother and baby healthy and she weighs 8lb 9. The smallest of my three. :thumsup2

congrats Addie

The granddaughter was 2 yesterday, emotional day. Can't believe how far we've come with Ava, even managing to get her to Tenerife last week

congrats Addie

The granddaughter was 2 yesterday, emotional day. Can't believe how far we've come with Ava, even managing to get her to Tenerife last week

It's amazing just how far they come along in such a short space of time. Despite the 'terrible two' phrase, I found with my other kids that that was a great age.

Can't begin to imagine how great being a grandparent would be - must be brilliant!

Thanks for the messages everyone. :thumsup2

Ive got one at two and a half and the mrs is pregnant with number two as we speak but my wee boys birthday is the 28th of aug and the due date of the next one is the 30th aug. Anybody got sisters or brothers born on the same day or next day (obviously a couple of years apart)? Im wondering how the wee fella is going to react:blink:

Ive got one at two and a half and the mrs is pregnant with number two as we speak but my wee boys birthday is the 28th of aug and the due date of the next one is the 30th aug. Anybody got sisters or brothers born on the same day or next day (obviously a couple of years apart)? Im wondering how the wee fella is going to react:blink:

No, but my son shares his birthday with my Nephew. They are a year apart and there has never been any probs (so far).

No idea why I'm even reading this thread, and it's not really relevant at all, but there was a guy in my year that had the same birthday as both his mum and his dad.

Edited by bullywee

My 2 boys and our most recent arrival are all March birthdays, 17th, 23rd and 27th so 3 birthdays within 10 days, expensive month :)

And after 5 long weeks we finally got the wee one home from hospital earlier, without oxygen, so no more daily jaunts up the road :)

Wife is pregnant with our first. She's about 22 weeks gone. I'm scared I'm going to drop the baby when I first hold it.

It'll be ok, most babies bounce.

You won't drop it, stop worrying.

It'll be ok, most babies bounce.

You won't drop it, stop worrying.

Yep, I've never heard of anyone dropping a baby so far. And I've heard of a lot of people who have worried about it. Quick conclusion: folk just don't drop babies.

They're a lot tougher than we think. They don't break and you worry too much about hurting them that it just wouldn't happen anyway.

My wee girl fell down the stairs few months ago. Top to bottom, not a bruise on her and I cried far longer than she did! She was about 20 months at the time.

Great news bhoys!

Guest The Phoenix

My wee girl fell down the stairs few months ago. Top to bottom, not a bruise on her and I cried far longer than she did! She was about 20 months at the time.

Great news bhoys!

Isn't it about time you were preggers again?