Pregnancy And Parenting

That's the dude. Consultant said the surgery will be hacked off because it's expensive.

If it's nutramigen then that is indeed lactose and gluten free.

I don't think the surgery will be too bothered tbh, and even if they are with a request to prescribe from secondary care they can swivel :D

Hope the wee one is feeling better soon.

If it's nutramigen then that is indeed lactose and gluten free.

I don't think the surgery will be too bothered tbh, and even if they are with a request to prescribe from secondary care they can swivel :D

Hope the wee one is feeling better soon.

It is nutramigen, collected it today. Phased introduction starts tomorrow. Seemingly it tastes bogging! One of the other kids at nursery has the same thing and the staff have passed on my number and she's happy to have coffee and chat about it.

Suspected milk allergy. Onto a hydrolised formula. Wee soul.

We fostered a wee fella that had a milk allergy - i can't remember what he was put onto, but after he got it his exzema (I know that's not spelt right) disappeared. He's 11 now and healthy as a trout.

We fostered a wee fella that had a milk allergy - i can't remember what he was put onto, but after he got it his exzema (I know that's not spelt right) disappeared. He's 11 now and healthy as a trout.

Did he grow out of allergy?

I couldn't foster, my folks fostered one lassie and she was part of the family for years.

Did he grow out of allergy?

I couldn't foster, my folks fostered one lassie and she was part of the family for years.

I knew you were going to ask that question! :D

I don't know, he got adopted and we only see him once a year, my wife might know all the same, I'll ask her.

That's the dude. Consultant said the surgery will be hacked off because it's expensive.

The soya-based formula my boy is on costs £4000 for the first year, although he shouldn't need it after that.

Well we gave her half a feed with the new milk first thing and she took it, slowly but took it. It smells awful!

Same as the soya-based formula, it stinks - keep your nose well clear of the burping zone. My wife tasted some and retched almost immediately. Callum seems happy enough with it though, and it only took 3 days until he was taking it as well (in fact, better) than his previous milk.

Get as much as you can second hand, Swarley, you'll save a fortune and they only use the stuff for such a short period of time!

Or have another quick to get your money's worth out of the new stuff!

On second thoughts, just get second half stuff! :)

Get as much as you can second hand, Swarley, you'll save a fortune and they only use the stuff for such a short period of time!

Seconded. Reina has had the use of some of my baby stuff, which I bought second hand and I now have it back for Niamh.

No, he didn't grow out of it - the whole family drinks soya milk, apparently.

Thanks.

She is taking the new milk fine. Have stopped her milk based formula today. Her bowel movements (tmi!) are better and her skin is no where near as red raw as it was and that was with half portions of normal formula yesterday. I've been fighting for 3 months to get this diagnoses but no one would make it. You shouldn't have to fight so hard for a treatment for a clearly ill baby. Being told time and again that I just had to live with the reflux knowing that there was more to it. Couple with the fight to get her seen by a peadiatrician in week 3 of her life as she wasn't gaining weight, had an infection and was vomitting and when she was seen being admitted to childrens ward and put on a drip and anti biotics I'm not a happy bunny.

The consultant peadiatrican said "oh well I can see that it hasn't been as mentally taxing on you as it can be" Really? What about the anti depressants, anti anxity medication, ex priory patient support group and few thearpy sessions then?! I didn't say that but on reflection I probably should.

Sorry needed a rant :ph34r:

Seconded. Reina has had the use of some of my baby stuff, which I bought second hand and I now have it back for Niamh.

Thanks.

She is taking the new milk fine. Have stopped her milk based formula today. Her bowel movements (tmi!) are better and her skin is no where near as red raw as it was and that was with half portions of normal formula yesterday. I've been fighting for 3 months to get this diagnoses but no one would make it. You shouldn't have to fight so hard for a treatment for a clearly ill baby. Being told time and again that I just had to live with the reflux knowing that there was more to it. Couple with the fight to get her seen by a peadiatrician in week 3 of her life as she wasn't gaining weight, had an infection and was vomitting and when she was seen being admitted to childrens ward and put on a drip and anti biotics I'm not a happy bunny.

The consultant peadiatrican said "oh well I can see that it hasn't been as mentally taxing on you as it can be" Really? What about the anti depressants, anti anxity medication, ex priory patient support group and few thearpy sessions then?! I didn't say that but on reflection I probably should.

Sorry needed a rant :ph34r:

I can't remember how long it took before our baby was diagnosed, he came to us about 3 months old I think, but it was as plain as the nose on your face there was something wrong with him, after he was put on to whatever he was put on - I think it came in a green tin? - the transformation was nearly immediate. Things may have gone a bit faster for us due to Social Services involvement re the fostering angle.