Pregnancy And Parenting

You don't get anything for nothing with our nursery. I know people that don't pay when their kids are off sick, don't have to supply nappies and everything is done at the nursery. Ours don't wash clothes, we have to take nappies in and we pay for every single day he's booked in for. If he's in from, say, 12-4, we have to pay a full day because the afternoon session doesn't start until 1.00pm and they don't do hourly rates. However, I can't fault them on their care at all. They've been brilliant for him. He loves the staff and always goes for a cuddle when he gets there. His speech has come on in leaps and bounds and he's really confident, much more than he used to be. There was a time when he'd cry and hide if anyone new came to the house, but now he just thinks he's got an audience to play to. More than anything though, we're paying for the convenience. For anywhere else it would involve going right out of our way to drop him off and pick him up and we have to leave at 7.45 in the morning as it is.

If anyone's interested, I've seen a few articles on toilet training in some nursing journals recently that I can post up. Just let me know.

Aye please. Our little one is about 21 months old, I don't think she's ready yet but I would be interested to see the articles though.

Right, some articles that I can link to may be subscriber content only, so I'll stick one up first of all and see if it works. If not, let me know and I'll find another way.

First one is actually an article regarding potty training in kids with learning disabilities, but don't let that put you off if your child doesn't have LDs, there's some useful tips there for all parents. Clicky.

Right, some articles that I can link to may be subscriber content only, so I'll stick one up first of all and see if it works. If not, let me know and I'll find another way.

First one is actually an article regarding potty training in kids with learning disabilities, but don't let that put you off if your child doesn't have LDs, there's some useful tips there for all parents. Clicky.

You can read that ok. I did have to log out of NT and then re-check though :lol:

I've got a couple more, but because I've had to use an Athens log in to access them (rather than just being able to link to articles that are available to anyone on the internet), I'm a bit concerned about copyright and getting Div into bother posting them. They say much the same as is being said in the second one I posted there, but if anyone does want to have a look at them, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Edited by Mrs M

Grandchild nr. 9 is now potty trained, he's 3 past in July, grandchild nr. 10 isn't thinking about it, she's 20 months, while grandchild nr. 11 is still filling his nappies with great enthusiasm at 13 months.

Grandchild nr. 9 is now potty trained, he's 3 past in July, grandchild nr. 10 isn't thinking about it, she's 20 months, while grandchild nr. 11 is still filling his nappies with great enthusiasm at 13 months.

Jesus, you must be skint come Christmas.

Well 4 weeks to and we are all set. There is however one more hurdle aside from the birth. Both my parents are horrendous chain smOkers I can't stand smoking and won't have my baby anywhere near smoke so this will be an interesting conversation

Well 4 weeks to and we are all set. There is however one more hurdle aside from the birth. Both my parents are horrendous chain smOkers I can't stand smoking and won't have my baby anywhere near smoke so this will be an interesting conversation

Tricky one, i gave up smoking for the arrival of my grandaughter and it was the best thing i've ever done. Best of luck with this :lol:

My girlfriends mother is a heavy smoker. We told her that she isn't getting near Josh while smoking or immediately after smoking. She understands and sticks to it. It shouldn't be that difficult a conversation.

wha

My girlfriends mother is a heavy smoker. We told her that she isn't getting near Josh while smoking or immediately after smoking. She understands and sticks to it. It shouldn't be that difficult a conversation.

TBH I'd be quite pissed if someone failed to stick to it. If they gave even they slightest f**k they will stick to it.

Niece Ruby is 2 today. Was looking at her 1st birthday photos and what a huge difference in the past 12 months. She couldn't even walk last birthday, now a wee girly girl chatterbox.

Mickey and Minnie Mouse daft so expecting to get Disneyed later! :D

The midwife says the can't come into contact for at least an hour of smoking. The other thing is their house stinks of smoke

My cousin refused to take her kids to her parents house because they smoked in their house. They had to visit her house.

My baby boy has chicken pox. So all the plans i had for the next 2 weeks are gubbed :(

He dosnt seem to bothered about it and so far he is not scratching

Best out of the way, particulary if he's not overly bothered by it. The older they are when they have it, the worse they feel, so the saying goes. Hope he's over it soon. My husband's cousin's boy had it a while ago and the doctor recommended Piriton if he got too uncomfortable, and she seems to think it made it much easier for him.