Pregnancy And Parenting

My baby been crying for nearly an hour. f**k off reflux.

What a bizarre name for a baby.

Apologies, that is probably not funny at this moment in time.

Strange you should mention reflux, our 4 year old has recently started complaining about having a sick feeling in her throat claiming that she is feeling sick but never physically being sick which I have assumed is a bit of reflux. She is also now gagging at smells of things she doesn't like which is a bit of a pain in the arse at parties where, for example, egg sandwiches are dished out as she hates them!

What a bizarre name for a baby.

Apologies, that is probably not funny at this moment in time.

Strange you should mention reflux, our 4 year old has recently started complaining about having a sick feeling in her throat claiming that she is feeling sick but never physically being sick which I have assumed is a bit of reflux. She is also now gagging at smells of things she doesn't like which is a bit of a pain in the arse at parties where, for example, egg sandwiches are dished out as she hates them!

I laughed!

I laughed!

Thank goodness for that!!

the only reason I posted it is that although you never should you do get those occassions when you look at your kids and feel like shouting - 'just fucking shut up!!!'

Thankfully, I have always been restrained enough not to :lol:

Thank goodness for that!!

the only reason I posted it is that although you never should you do get those occassions when you look at your kids and feel like shouting - 'just fucking shut up!!!'

Thankfully, I have always been restrained enough not to :lol:

There certainly are! Especially a winging toddler!

I'm back to work tomorrow and am delighted to report that the potty training has been a complete success. He's dry all day and after some initial bother with poo, he's no bother at all now! Woohoo! I just packed away his cloth nappies for the next time. :D

He was 2 at the end of July. Pretty early I think for potty training, but he just seemed ready. We did have him in terry nappies a lot though, so I wonder if that had something to do with it! Pure luck though. :)

We decided to start Charlie off when he really seemed like he wanted to do it. Up until recently, he didn't want to know, so we left it. It was starting to look like we might have to wait until after the new baby was born and he'd had chance to get used to it, but he was so keen that there was no point waiting. A fortnight ago, he wasn't interested in pants or potties at all. The last two mornings however, he's woken up with dry nappies and takes them off and goes for his potty as soon as he gets up and I can't remember the last time he had an accident that wasn't down to his poor aim!

I'm back to work tomorrow and am delighted to report that the potty training has been a complete success. He's dry all day and after some initial bother with poo, he's no bother at all now! Woohoo! I just packed away his cloth nappies for the next time. :D

We decided to start Charlie off when he really seemed like he wanted to do it. Up until recently, he didn't want to know, so we left it. It was starting to look like we might have to wait until after the new baby was born and he'd had chance to get used to it, but he was so keen that there was no point waiting. A fortnight ago, he wasn't interested in pants or potties at all. The last two mornings however, he's woken up with dry nappies and takes them off and goes for his potty as soon as he gets up and I can't remember the last time he had an accident that wasn't down to his poor aim!

Well done boys :D

I've just been in Morrisons, they have a baby event on, weaning bowls spoons etc and I picked up a £15 highchair. We're waiting until 6 months to wean but I'm picking up bits as I see them.

Just take your kids to Asda and do it. For some reason, it seems to be perfectly acceptable there, particularly if you're wearing a shell suit and hoop ear-rings and browing crates of beer.

Is this a new ned sport?:lol:

He was 2 at the end of July. Pretty early I think for potty training, but he just seemed ready. We did have him in terry nappies a lot though, so I wonder if that had something to do with it! Pure luck though. :)

Thomas is now 2 and a half but we haven't potty trained yet. I ask him every night before his bath if he wants a pee-pee and he knows what it is but always says "no". He has once done one when sat on the toilet but I think that was fluke.

However, he's now understanding questions and answers and it's probably time to have a proper go at it. Should be fun!

Thomas is now 2 and a half but we haven't potty trained yet. I ask him every night before his bath if he wants a pee-pee and he knows what it is but always says "no". He has once done one when sat on the toilet but I think that was fluke.

However, he's now understanding questions and answers and it's probably time to have a proper go at it. Should be fun!

Charlie was really not interested in the potty at all and was almost scared of it at one point. To get him used to it, we'd get him in the bath every night as usual, but if he started to pee when he was in there, we'd put the potty in front of him to catch it, then we'd praise him as though it was his own idea to do it. He learned soon enough that was where his pee was meant to go and that he liked the praise he got. It's not taken long from there to get him nappy-free through the day.

If Thomas is ready, he'll do the work and it'll take no time at all.

I was speaking to one of the girls at Charlie's nursery the other day because I'm a bit concerned as to how he'll manage when he goes back having not been there for a couple of months now. Their advice was to buy loads of pairs of pants and some cheap shorts from Primark or somewhere like that. Shorts are less bulky then jeans and trousers, so less washing!

LM, the nursery Ruairidh goes to supply the shorts and foam shoes for when you're potty training and wash them too.

SD Ruairidh will be 3 in a month and he's very reluctant to train. I've tried. Nursrey and HV both say he's simply not ready.

LM, the nursery Ruairidh goes to supply the shorts and foam shoes for when you're potty training and wash them too.

SD Ruairidh will be 3 in a month and he's very reluctant to train. I've tried. Nursrey and HV both say he's simply not ready.

You don't get anything for nothing with our nursery. I know people that don't pay when their kids are off sick, don't have to supply nappies and everything is done at the nursery. Ours don't wash clothes, we have to take nappies in and we pay for every single day he's booked in for. If he's in from, say, 12-4, we have to pay a full day because the afternoon session doesn't start until 1.00pm and they don't do hourly rates. However, I can't fault them on their care at all. They've been brilliant for him. He loves the staff and always goes for a cuddle when he gets there. His speech has come on in leaps and bounds and he's really confident, much more than he used to be. There was a time when he'd cry and hide if anyone new came to the house, but now he just thinks he's got an audience to play to. More than anything though, we're paying for the convenience. For anywhere else it would involve going right out of our way to drop him off and pick him up and we have to leave at 7.45 in the morning as it is.

If anyone's interested, I've seen a few articles on toilet training in some nursing journals recently that I can post up. Just let me know.