Pregnancy And Parenting

Yup. Good call, we've given on stuff from our son orn jsn 09 and have been getting the smaller stuff stuff from people for our next one due in October. It works as you give you get.

Also a top tip is changing all the newborn and 0-3 stuff bought as gifts for outfits when they're older. My wide was swamped with tiny stuff when our boy was born and by picking stuff to swap, we didn't have to buy much in the first year.

Bit hard on the missus calling her the 'wide' she'd just given birth the soul was bound to be carrying a bit extra!

Anyway, we did that as well, most shops are great at taking things and swapping them or giving you a credit note for later. I did the later and then after a couple of months used the vouchers to get the bits we were short (which in all honesty wasn't much). We've barley bought anything other than shoes and he'll be two in exactly 1 month!

I don't want to bring the ton down on the thread but it hasn't worked so far and ....I'm spent :ph34r:

Try doing it while perched on top of the washing machine on spin cycle with a mug of red leaf tea....not sure about the logistics but at this stage anything that might work!

Bit hard on the missus calling her the 'wide' she'd just given birth the soul was bound to be carrying a bit extra!

Anyway, we did that as well, most shops are great at taking things and swapping them or giving you a credit note for later. I did the later and then after a couple of months used the vouchers to get the bits we were short (which in all honesty wasn't much). We've barley bought anything other than shoes and he'll be two in exactly 1 month!

whoops! touchscreen phone with a spullchaker!:ph34r:

Cheers guys! I'm a bit more relaxed but still 5 weeks until 12 weeks. Scan's never cease to amaze me and make me cry! There was only a yolk there weeks ago and now an embryo clear as day!

i loved going to the scans. they were great seeing them move is unbelievable.

thats our latest two months today :o its flying in.

good luck to Thundermonkey it sounds like your going to end up with a big baby :unsure:

i loved going to the scans. they were great seeing them move is unbelievable.

thats our latest two months today :o its flying in.

good luck to Thundermonkey it sounds like your going to end up with a big baby :unsure:

Mmmmmmmnnn. Our first was in the second percentile for height up till aged 2. I doubt we'll end up with a beast.

I swear it was either laughing, or overdosing on raspberry leaf tea that started me off! A couple of friends of mine in London who I hadn't spoken to in a long time phoned me pissed asking why I wasn't in labour and they were so funny. About half an hour after getting off the phone, I had a show, then 2 hours later, my waters went and was in labour straight away. Oh, and I took 4 capsules instead of 2 raspberry leaf tea that morning, because I forgot I'd already taken them...

I went three weeks early so I have no idea how frustrating it is. I remember sitting think 'Christ this is starting to drag' and then the minute I went thinking' FFFUUUCCKKK tooo soon!'

Being over due is no fun for the mother or the father,maybe even worse for the mother.

I think I was a week over due,and she was 5lb 6oz,so not a big baby at all. It still hurt being 16 hours in labour though. :blink:

In other news, we are now 7 days late. Sweep performed yesterday so hopefully that works. We have another appointment on Monday when the docs will assess and decide on further action. They'll break her waters on Wednesday at the absolute latest.

My sympathys to your wife! Baggio Jr was 14 days overdue, the last 4 of which were spent in hospital waiting for a space in the labour ward to have my waters broken. When he was eventually dragged out he was a reasonably large 9lb 9.

Good luck!!

My sympathys to your wife! Baggio Jr was 14 days overdue, the last 4 of which were spent in hospital waiting for a space in the labour ward to have my waters broken. When he was eventually dragged out he was a reasonably large 9lb 9.

Good luck!!

I think that's a story I best keep to myself ;)

I've been informed by my wife she's going nowhere on Monday once we get the the hospital. There will be no going home until there a baby with us.

I think that's a story I best keep to myself ;)

I've been informed by my wife she's going nowhere on Monday once we get the the hospital. There will be no going home until there a baby with us.

So far, from what I have read on here, you have to have jiggy time whilst drinking raspberry tea astride a washing machine on spin-cycle whilst chatting to old friends on the phone. C'mon TM, get the phonebook out, kettle on and the washing in the machine. Its not too much too ask is it laugh.gif.

Means you could go to Dens tomorrrow ph34r.gif

Thanks for the well wishes guys. Docs were more than happy with how it was looking yesterday when we took her back to get it re-dressed. We're back again today for the same thing and again on Monday. All blisters have burst except one, which was the smallest of those that were there anyway, and the large wound was "gunky" looking but that's the usual healing process for burns like this apparently. Thankfully for her they've reduced the bandaging down to allow her to use her hand again which was the only thing that seemed to be bothering her yesterday.

P.s Buzz Lightyear toy is still awesome :ph34r:

Edited by Adolfo Rios

Thanks for the well wishes guys. Docs were more than happy with how it was looking yesterday when we took her bag to get it re-dressed. We're back again today for the same thing and again on Monday. All blisters have burst except one, which was the smallest of those that were there anyway, and the large wound was "gunky" looking but that's the usual healing process for burns like this apparently. Thankfully for her they've reduced the bandaging down to allow her to use her hand again which was the only thing that seemed to be bothering her yesterday.

P.s Buzz Lightyear toy is still awesome :ph34r:

Glad to hear she is healing well and Daddy is having fun with Buzz!

I really don't know what has gotten into our child this week, he is a total nightmare. He has recently decided that he doesn't need a sleep during the day, even though come 2pm he is hanging. Disaster struck yesterday as well when I discovered the Sky remote is broke as well, no prizes for who done that. Now it turns out the normal telly remote is gubbed as well, no doubt at the hands of Charlie as well.

I can't wait to go to the football tomorrow and get blind drunk.