Pregnancy And Parenting

True, but we have most of the stuff we need for when he/she arrives :)

Take hand me downs of whatever you get offered. I have an attic full of clothes, especially the 0-3 stuff was hardly worn by the previous owner, some still had the tags on and some of the stuff is still up there with the tags on. I passed some of my stuff onto someone trustworthy whom I knew would look after it (swing, chair, bumboo) and will be collecting them from her. Better being used than sat in my attic.

But remember to always get a new matress for cots/moses bbaskets :)

Take hand me downs of whatever you get offered. I have an attic full of clothes, especially the 0-3 stuff was hardly worn by the previous owner, some still had the tags on and some of the stuff is still up there with the tags on. I passed some of my stuff onto someone trustworthy whom I knew would look after it (swing, chair, bumboo) and will be collecting them from her. Better being used than sat in my attic.

We've already taken 2 black bags full of newborn clothes, a lot of it unworn.

We've also been offered a few other things second hand (a cot, and a highchair once we need it). With them of can't think of many more things we need to get.

Yup. Good call, we've given on stuff from our son orn jsn 09 and have been getting the smaller stuff stuff from people for our next one due in October. It works as you give you get.

Also a top tip is changing all the newborn and 0-3 stuff bought as gifts for outfits when they're older. My wide was swamped with tiny stuff when our boy was born and by picking stuff to swap, we didn't have to buy much in the first year.

Well that was an eventful day. Busy working away when I notice my mobile going off. Nothing unusual as it was my sister so I pick it up only to be met with "Paul there's been an accident with Hannah" Sick to my stomach instantly, fearing a car accident or something. My sister finally went on the explain that my daughter(Hannah - a little over two years old) had ran into the kitchen at my mother's to help my dad make my sister some breakfast as she had dropped by with her little one. So Hannah ran through excitedly to the kitchen and straight to the work top where my dad had just placed the pot with the water that had just been used to cook my sisters breakfast of boil eggs. Before my dad or anyone could get to her she picks up said pot and bang...boiling hot water all over her arm.

Thankfully Hannah loves to dress up and wear too many clothes at one and had not long put on a zipper top that covered her arms. This has saved her from it being a much worse injury than she has already sustained. Only part of her arm was exposed directly to the water(due to her zipper top creeping up her arm as she reached up). From her wrist to half way up her forearm she has blistered and also lost some skin as a result. Docs don't think it's anything other than a superficial wound and should clear up without any scars .She's bandaged from fingers up to her elbow until we go back tomorrow for further assessment.

Who said parenting isn't all fun and games......

Edited by Adolfo Rios

One of my worst fears is my little one running into the kitchen and knocking a pan over himself. Hope she's not feeling too sore and is on the mend.

She's surprisingly cheerful and was in good spirits later in the day. Possibily related to the £45 Buzz Lightyear toy I bought her for being brave. She's knocked it quite a few times which has led to tears which says a lot about how tender it must be as the they've put a good half inch thick of bandages around the arm to keep it clean, padded etc.

p.s Buzz lightyear is freakin awesome :ph34r:

Edited by Adolfo Rios

She's surprisingly cheerful and was in good spirits later in the day. Possibily related to the £45 Buzz Lightyear toy I bought her for being brave. She's knocked it quite a few times which has led to tears which says a lot about how tender it must be as the they've put a good half inch thick of bandages around the arm to keep it clean, padded etc.

Wee soul, my friends daughter climbed onto work surface and on to the on ceramic top a few weeks ago and had serious burns to feet.

I had a scan today and we have a 11mm baby with a heartbeat and they don't want me back until my consultant apointment :D

Hope she's doing ok, but you should have bought her a Rex :ph34r::P

Well that was an eventful day. Busy working away when I notice my mobile going off. Nothing unusual as it was my sister so I pick it up only to be met with "Paul there's been an accident with Hannah" Sick to my stomach instantly, fearing a car accident or something. My sister finally went on the explain that my daughter(Hannah - a little over two years old) had ran into the kitchen at my mother's to help my dad make my sister some breakfast as she had dropped by with her little one. So Hannah ran through excitedly to the kitchen and straight to the work top where my dad had just placed the pot with the water that had just been used to cook my sisters breakfast of boil eggs. Before my dad or anyone could get to her she picks up said pot and bang...boiling hot water all over her arm.

Thankfully Hannah loves to dress up and wear too many clothes at one and had not long put on a zipper top that covered her arms. This has saved her from it being a much worse injury than she has already sustained. Only part of her arm was exposed directly to the water(due to her zipper top creeping up her arm as she reached up). From her wrist to half way up her forearm she has blistered and also lost some skin as a result. Docs don't think it's anything other than a superficial wound and should clear up without any scars .She's bandaged from fingers up to her elbow until we go back tomorrow for further assessment.

Who said parenting isn't all fun and games......

My brother had a kettle spilt over him as a youngster and there was no scars or marks left. It may well be alright.

I had a scan today and we have a 11mm baby with a heartbeat and they don't want me back until my consultant apointment :D

Excellent news :D

Adolfo - I'm sure she'll be fine. Kids are hardy things. Our wee one fell down our stairs when she was one, literallt bumkped and cartwheeled down to the bottom and creamed her head off a table at the bottom. She was fine, not a scratch.

Rowan - Awesome :D

In other news, we are now 7 days late. Sweep performed yesterday so hopefully that works. We have another appointment on Monday when the docs will assess and decide on further action. They'll break her waters on Wednesday at the absolute latest.

In other news, we are now 7 days late. Sweep performed yesterday so hopefully that works. We have another appointment on Monday when the docs will assess and decide on further action. They'll break her waters on Wednesday at the absolute latest.

Give her some Prostin ;)

Cheers guys! I'm a bit more relaxed but still 5 weeks until 12 weeks. Scan's never cease to amaze me and make me cry! There was only a yolk there weeks ago and now an embryo clear as day!