Pregnancy And Parenting

If we'd had Steven before Thomas we wouldn't have two!

I knew Thomas was an angel but I've come to appreciate just how much of an angel he is even more since his brother appeared. Jesus he's hard work.

Never ever thought I'd value sleep quite as much as I do these days. <_<

I knew Thomas was an angel but I've come to appreciate just how much of an angel he is even more since his brother appeared. Jesus he's hard work.

Funny, both my and my husbands (we're both oldest) parents say that about their second children too!

We've all been feeling a bit rough for over a week now, and poor little Oliver has tonsilitis. He has been on antibiotics for the past couple of days and it is making a difference. He has quite a chesty cough as well. Poor little bugger. However, more importantly, I feel like shit.

Im dreading that as well. Its bad enough working till all hours at the mo but at least the wee man has a great routine. Bed at 8 and up at 7:30. Starts the school after the summer as well :o

Right, that's the 4th case of tonsilitis I've heard about this week. I'm buying a Swine Flu mask.

I hope all your little lads are better soon. :)

Better make that 5.. The wee man has had it for a week as well. Almost finished the antibiotics and getting better. That said he is very prone to tonsilitis.

Missus has 14 weeks to go till no.2 arrives :o where does the time go?

Edited by savagecabbage

Charlie isn't 100% at the moment, so I'm hoping that he doesn't have tonsilitis as well! He spent the best part of last night coughing and was up before 5am this morning. I got him a bottle and put him back down. That seemed to settle him for a bit but then he started coughing again and making noise, so I decided to get him up.

Hopefully he goes for a long sleep this afternoon so I can go back to bed for an hour.

Kirsty's been coughing quite a bit through the night, although it never seems to fully waken her up, and she never coughs through the day, is this normal?

Unsure. Charlie was coughing quite a lot last night as well, but with yours, it never woke him either. Have you got Tixylix? (not sure if that's the spelling)

I gave the boy 10ml of this a couple of hours ago and seems to have done the trick. Even now he seems much happier and active than he did this morning. I was having a lie down on the sofa a couple of minutes ago and he came up and stuck his finger in my eye and laughed. Wee bugger! :lol:

Oh dear! Charlie just had the worst tantrum I've ever seen! LM made some stew last night and put a bit aside for the boy to have for tea today. I warmed it up and steamed some carrots and broccoli for him to have with it.

Wouldn't let the fork near his mouth again after the first bite. Screaming, tears and food everywhere! In the end, I just gave up and mixed a couple of rusks in with some warm milk and gave him them with a couple of yoghurts and a fruit cup thing.

I suppose it is natural for him to be a bit less interested in food if he isn't feeling 100%.

Kirsty's been coughing quite a bit through the night, although it never seems to fully waken her up, and she never coughs through the day, is this normal?

Without wanting to worry you, my eldest son had something similar and was diagnosed with asthma. I'm not suggesting that's what it is, and it was a long time ago for me so there might well have been something else that led to that diagnosis that I've forgotten about, but it might be worth having it checked to be on the safe side. I hope it turns out to be nothing serious. :)

Without wanting to worry you, my eldest son had something similar and was diagnosed with asthma. I'm not suggesting that's what it is, and it was a long time ago for me so there might well have been something else that led to that diagnosis that I've forgotten about, but it might be worth having it checked to be on the safe side. I hope it turns out to be nothing serious. :)

I thought they didn't diagnose asthma until they were at least 2?

Adam....he's just expressing his LM genes!

I thought they didn't diagnose asthma until they were at least 2?

Adam....he's just expressing his LM genes!

I don't know to be perfectly honest. My eldest was very small when he was diagnosed, but I can't remember exactly what age he was. My nan was diagnosed with asthma as a baby, but that's over 70 years ago now, and a lot has probably changed since then. I'm not saying Stewarty's little girl has it, just that it's worth checking on it particularly since a night cough is a sign that doctor's tend to be interested in.

Charlie's just making it known that I am the boss in this house, and he is my second in command. Adam needs to know his place. :P

I don't know to be perfectly honest. My eldest was very small when he was diagnosed, but I can't remember exactly what age he was. My nan was diagnosed with asthma as a baby, but that's over 70 years ago now, and a lot has probably changed since then. I'm not saying Stewarty's little girl has it, just that it's worth checking on it particularly since a night cough is a sign that doctor's tend to be interested in.

Charlie's just making it known that I am the boss in this house, and he is my second in command. Adam needs to know his place. :P

Under your thumb!

Sorry to hear about the poorly babies :( Wee shame! Hope they get better soon!

Callum got his first tooth on Monday. He hadn't been grumpy at all, so wasn't expecting it.

My little one has got 2 canines coming though at once. She ain't a happy chappy at present. Coupled with the onset of the terrible 2's a whole 3 months early, it's all fun and games in the casa de Rios at present. Work is a welcome break from it all.