Pregnancy And Parenting

I have a better version somewhere that is used by the breastfeeding support worker, seemingly it gets a really positive response from men and gets them talking about their thoughts on breastfeeding and ways to support partner/wife.

Talking of breastfeeding....my wee one is dropping none too subtle hints.

Please. Stop.

It's weird how you don't notice them growing until you compare them to either other babies or their old clothes.
Strange that it took the birth of Madison for me to actually notice that my oldest daughter is only a few inches shorter than my wife (or that they now share the same size of shoes :o)

For me it was always seeing another brand new baby that shocked me with the realisation that my own "newborn" was no longer that and was in fact quite big now. It's amazing how quickly that happens too. Even six weeks can make a huge difference.

Her blood pressure was down to something ridicilous like 37/22 and later we found out she had lost almost half her blood. She was taken in to theatre and I was called in about 1. Turned out her uterus hadnt contracted back and blood clots had formed. She was out of theatre when I arrived, and thankfully everything was ok. She had a blood transfusion the next day and is on iron tablets still to get her hymoglobin (sp??) up.

:o:(

Oh my word! I thought I'd had bad experiences with birth, but nothing compared to that!

Glad to hear everything's ok and congratulations!

Kind of puts a different perspective on things when you hear a really dramatic experience! I'm also glad to hear it's all working out now and you're able to enjoy your wee one together neilsjfc

My wee boy was running around the house the other day shouting "FUCKING INDICATE!"

I can't even blame his Mum as I have the cars seats in my car.

I bet the missus is thrilled with you!

SD-is the dashboard thing a Tiny Love produce?

My wee boy was running around the house the other day shouting "FUCKING INDICATE!"

:lol:

I only laugh because I did the same to my Dad when I was a nipper, playing with my toy cars, making beeping noises and saying "Fucking Erse".

I only laugh because I did the same to my Dad when I was a nipper, playing with my toy cars, making beeping noises and saying "Fucking Erse".

That reminds me of my old boss from back in the day, whose (at the time) two year old son had a happy knack of singing "Bob the Builder, can we fix it, Bob the Builder, can we fuck" at the most inopportune of moments.

:lol: My son learnt "f**k you, arsehole" from my Dad while in the car. My nephew learnt "Aaaw, f**k's sake". It's amazing how quick they learn to not just say it randomly, but in the correct context eventually, too. Good luck with that!

I bet the missus is thrilled with you!

I was already quite ashamed at unintentionally teaching the boy that but she has strong shame escalation powers.

My Dad used to shout me in when he heard me swearing whilst playing football with my pals.

"Where did you learn that"

"You"

"Erm.... do as I say, not as I do!"

That reminds me of my old boss from back in the day, whose (at the time) two year old son had a happy knack of singing "Bob the Builder, can we fix it, Bob the Builder, can we fuck" at the most inopportune of moments.

To it on the ELC site, I'm looking for ideas to keep him entertained in the car!

Ah, sorry, since you clearly lifted the reference to the gift from the chrsitening thread I presumed you would also have read the post where I told FC1919 I'd had a look on the Early Learning Centre website and couldn't find it there. It doesn't seem to be available on their website. Maybe it was end of line product or something? Like I said, my sister bought it down South. She lives in Trowbridge so presumably she bought it there or in Bath or Bristol.

Ah, sorry, since you clearly lifted the reference to the gift from the chrsitening thread I presumed you would also have read the post where I told FC1919 I'd had a look on the Early Learning Centre website and couldn't find it there. It doesn't seem to be available on their website. Maybe it was end of line product or something? Like I said, my sister bought it down South. She lives in Trowbridge so presumably she bought it there or in Bath or Bristol.

No problem! Thanks for looking though!