Pregnancy And Parenting

He's cute - all snuggled in.

Can't believe Maddy was that size only a few months ago :o

I looked at him, then looked at Charlie. It's weird how you don't notice them growing until you compare them to either other babies or their old clothes. Charlie's more than twice as long as he was when he was born. We also had him weighed yesterday. From 6lb 9oz at birth to now 20lb 8oz!

I looked at him, then looked at Charlie. It's weird how you don't notice them growing until you compare them to either other babies or their old clothes. Charlie's more than twice as long as he was when he was born. We also had him weighed yesterday. From 6lb 9oz at birth to now 20lb 8oz!

Yip it really is weird. Until February, Alexandra was still a 'little baby', then Pow! she no longer has little baby hands or the cute chubby baby cheeks any more. Strange that it took the birth of Madison for me to actually notice that my oldest daughter is only a few inches shorter than my wife (or that they now share the same size of shoes :o)

Strange that it took the birth of Madison for me to actually notice that my oldest daughter is only a few inches shorter than my wife (or that they now share the same size of shoes :o )

My nearly seventeen year old son is now 6' 2", takes a size 10 shoe and speaks like Barry White! :(

The wife has had a mega bad day, in alot of pain under her left breast :(

Sorry to hear that hope everything else is going ok though.

Forgot to come on here and say baby Anna arrived four weeks ago. She was 7lbs 4 and the labour was a nightmare. Catherine got induced after a day or two in ninewells. She was started at around 10 on thursday night and was still in labour wednesday lunch time. Needed the forceps to get Anna out. Then the real drama began....later at night catherine was encouraged to go for a walk (after I had left at 10pm) and blood started to pour out and she fainted. Her blood pressure was down to something ridicilous like 37/22 and later we found out she had lost almost half her blood. She was taken in to theatre and I was called in about 1. Turned out her uterus hadnt contracted back and blood clots had formed. She was out of theatre when I arrived, and thankfully everything was ok. She had a blood transfusion the next day and is on iron tablets still to get her hymoglobin (sp??) up.

Anna is perfect though. She has slept through the night once already and usually sleeps 4-6 hours on any given night. Long may it continue. Cant wait for her to smile, she s the most contented baby in the world i think!

Neil man congrats, i totally forgot about our conversations in that night thread. Must keep us/me up to date we anna. A lovely name

Will do. Will get try and get picture up here if I can manage it! Hope everything continues fine with yourselves. Takes forever to get to the big day

Forgot to come on here and say baby Anna arrived four weeks ago. She was 7lbs 4 and the labour was a nightmare. Catherine got induced after a day or two in ninewells. She was started at around 10 on thursday night and was still in labour wednesday lunch time. Needed the forceps to get Anna out. Then the real drama began....later at night catherine was encouraged to go for a walk (after I had left at 10pm) and blood started to pour out and she fainted. Her blood pressure was down to something ridicilous like 37/22 and later we found out she had lost almost half her blood. She was taken in to theatre and I was called in about 1. Turned out her uterus hadnt contracted back and blood clots had formed. She was out of theatre when I arrived, and thankfully everything was ok. She had a blood transfusion the next day and is on iron tablets still to get her hymoglobin (sp??) up.

Anna is perfect though. She has slept through the night once already and usually sleeps 4-6 hours on any given night. Long may it continue. Cant wait for her to smile, she s the most contented baby in the world i think!

Sounds dramatic. Glad we didn't have anything like that and glad everything is ok now.

Congratulations.

All the best Mrs G_Man too, not long now.

Belated congratulations Debs and to Ryan as well :D

After reading the last few pages (I haven't read the vast majority of the thread) can't say I fancy having kids for some time yet! :lol:

Holly f**k you must have gotten a fright. Glad both are now fine. but nearly a week in labour-or was that meant to be Tuesday?

Changing a poo nappy with a little hand determined to play with a willie is challenging!

Guest The Phoenix
My nearly seventeen year old son is now 6' 2", takes a size 10 shoe and speaks like Barry White! :(

Aren't you just a teensy weensy little bit suspicious? :unsure:

Oh my word! I thought I'd had bad experiences with birth, but nothing compared to that!

Glad to hear everything's ok and congratulations!

Good grief, and there was me feeling sorry for myself! I'm on a hell of a cocktail of drugs (I have 6 pills to take at breakfast, as well as 4 other times a day - including iron tablets as I'm also anaemic - plus a dose of lactulose!) but on reading that, I think I've been lucky all-in-all! Wishing her a speedy recovery, Neil!

Midwife was just round, my wee munchkin has put 6oz on in a week, clever boy! So chuffed as he's being exclusively breastfed. Just makes me so proud!

Edited by Reina
Stupid iPhone auto-correct... tsk

Congratulations. What a relief that must have been to finally end up with your little bundle of joy. We're now one week away from the due date. Reading your post has done little to help my blood pressure, but I will not share it with Mrs MB. :lol:

Jesus wept.

Congratulations and I hope everything goes well for you in the future. Hopefully your experience doesn't put the two of you off having more (we had a really hard time with Alexandra in Ninewells and it put us off having a second until this past year - a 9 year gap, and Madison is just now the most angelic little thing in the world).

Thanks for all your kind words. Yes, it was a hell of a fright. I dont think I'd be going over the top as to say coming out of the ward afterwards was possibly the most emotional I have ever been. I apologies to anybody whos expecting for posting that, we have already scared a couple of folk we know who are pregnant! Its been perfect since though, like reina's child Anna has piled on the pounds! We can see she is close to smiling and we are getting more noises from her. All I can say about the birth, is that we are glad we ended up in ninewells (due to catherine having to be induced) instead of PRI where we had originally hoped the baby would be born. The staff there were brillant, and I am so glad we had doctors and facilities on hand, the alternative still frightens me a bit.

And yes I meant tuesday rather than thursday in my original post!

Edited by nelsjfc

Midwife was just round, my wee munchkin has put 6oz on in a week, clever boy! So chuffed as he's being exclusively breastfed. Just makes me so proud!

You go girl! You def have a boob addict!

I'll need to send you this bib;

Not the best pic of Ruairidh!

Edited by C.J

But a fine sentiment nonetheless B)

I have a better version somewhere that is used by the breastfeeding support worker, seemingly it gets a really positive response from men and gets them talking about their thoughts on breastfeeding and ways to support partner/wife.

Talking of breastfeeding....my wee one is dropping none too subtle hints.

Edited by C.J