Pregnancy And Parenting

Hehe, we got a photographic example of each from the midwife at Antenatal class this week, lovely!

Niiiice. Don't suppose it was the "What's In a Nappy?" sheet by any chance?

Ah, of course it was! I went back and had a search through the last few pages but I don't think I went far enough.

I've always said August is probably the worst time of year to be heavily pregnant. I don't envy her one bit! Good luck when it comes. :)

Thanks for your best wishes. She is starting to get thoroughly fed up and the sooner D-Day comes the better.

I went to one class when I was having my first and never bothered again.

The name put me off. I also didn't bother getting a tour of the ward. I already knew that because of the strep b that I'd have to be in the labour ward on a drip so no point doing the tour. As for my birthing plan it read "What ever the midwife and doctors say"

went to visit my neice hailey (25 weeks)today at aberdeen sick childrens,it was heartbreaking seeing all the kids in there :(

my neice is having breathing and feeding difficulties and has been in there for 9 weeks but is looking a lot better from the last time i seen her

The name put me off. I also didn't bother getting a tour of the ward. I already knew that because of the strep b that I'd have to be in the labour ward on a drip so no point doing the tour. As for my birthing plan it read "What ever the midwife and doctors say"

I did do the hospital tour, but that's more because I'm a nosy bint. I certainly didn't bother with a birthing plan, just because I thought that whatever was going to happen was going to happen.

went to visit my neice hailey (25 weeks)today at aberdeen sick childrens,it was heartbreaking seeing all the kids in there :(

my neice is having breathing and feeding difficulties and has been in there for 9 weeks but is looking a lot better from the last time i seen her

Aw, that's awful. Good that she's improving though. I hope she carries on getting stronger. Am I right in thinking it's a good hospital though?

I'm I the only one who didn't bother with the 'parentcraft' classes?

We only went to one class called 'Labour in Motion'. It was mainly about how to relax in the latter stages of pregnancy. Mostly common sense stuff.

My wife also has strep b. She's a bit disappointed not to be in the midwifery led unit.

My wife also has strep b. She's a bit disappointed not to be in the midwifery led unit.

So was I at first but in the end better for baby and I wasn't all that hung up on a water birth or that. I saw a baby who'd contracted strep b menegitis at 2 weeks old and has been left with 4 limb cerebal palsy.

I'm I the only one who didn't bother with the 'parentcraft' classes?

I didn't bother either. I wanted to see each of the units and speak to the staff at my local hospitals though so I phoned each one and arranged to visit, have a look around and a chat. Worked fine for me. :)

So was I at first but in the end better for baby and I wasn't all that hung up on a water birth or that. I saw a baby who'd contracted strep b menegitis at 2 weeks old and has been left with 4 limb cerebal palsy.

That must have been pretty harrowing. I've done a lot of reading on it and I guess we're just lucky that we actually know about it in advance. There must be plenty of women with strep b who haven't got a clue.

We did all four Ante-Natal Classes at Cresswell, Dumfries. We were just about the only people who did though. Considering how many people must be due in any given month, the first class had about four other couples there and whilst some of them did 2 or 3 weeks, I don't think anyone else attended all four. Still, I suppose it's only really for first time parents so that's bound to cut numbers.

We certainly did the hospital tour. I think it helped know what to expect and where you'd be.

We didn't bother with a 'birthing plan' either. Had we written anything then "whatever the midwife says" would also have been what we put!

I'd have to concede I've never heard of it.

Either had I until a few months ago. If you're interested, have a look here. It just means that my wife will have to have antibiotics administered intravenously at four hourly intervals at the onset of labour.