Pregnancy And Parenting

Guest The Phoenix
Ah, pregnancy sex. I remember it well. Sense of humour essential!

It definitely works though.

I heard Adam needs a sense of humour and a deal of patience in any event. ;)

I'll trust you on that one :lol:

Christ, i'd be too scared of the baird to have sex if the girl was due in a few days, what if the boab hit the baby? Or started going at it and the water breaks or something :barf:eek:

I'm sure it couldn't touch the baby,let alone be long enough to reach it. :P:lol:

I'll trust you on that one :lol:

Christ, i'd be too scared of the baird to have sex if the girl was due in a few days, what if the boab hit the baby? Or started going at it and the water breaks or something :barf:eek:

I think we did it twice in the 8 months I was pregnant, I just couldn't get away from that issue! I know it's impossible but it just felt wrong and put me right off!

Speaking about a plastic doll reminded me of the "Nurse" from psychoville on BBC 2. :lol:

:lol: Thing is, I turned the laptop off and turned over to find another "baby" lying on the other side of me. Children!

Eviction from the Big Mother house has been booked for the evening of the 7th of August (meaning I'll likely give birth on the 8th) but fingers crossed it doesn't come to that!

You've loads of time before then.

Sex can apparently help by releasing a hormone called oxytocin, which can help start contractions. Also, semen contains prostaglandins, which will help soften the cervix and prostoglandin gel is often what is used to start labour when you're induced. I think...

That's my understanding of it too.

Sex can apparently help by releasing a hormone called oxytocin, which can help start contractions. Also, semen contains prostaglandins, which will help soften the cervix and prostoglandin gel is often what is used to start labour when you're induced. I think...

All correct :D

ANYWAY....

Eviction from the Big Mother house has been booked for the evening of the 7th of August (meaning I'll likely give birth on the 8th) but fingers crossed it doesn't come to that!

I thought you were squeezing it out today?

I really need to keep up.

To be crowned (punnage, huh?) with the delightful sight of a bearded excitable wee guy peeking through the blinds of the window of the delivery room to get a glimpse of delivery clunge!

:lol:

Can you tell I've read all my books? :lol: I just had a show! :o Hope this means things will kick off soon!

Never had one with Charlie, but with both Robert and Ashley had one within 48 hours of labour. I'm all smiley now because I'm all excited! :D:lol:

Can you tell I've read all my books? :lol: I just had a show! :o Hope this means things will kick off soon!

I had a show 3 weeks before Cal was born :ph34r:

Different for everyone though. It's a good sign when the plug from the cervix goes. Means that your cervix is softening and therefore something is happening. Could still be a while though. Hopefully days rather than weeks.

Shit shit shit shit shit, think my waters have gone! Eep! Plus getting contractions every 20 mins or so, Phoned the ward and lovely midwife calmed me down (ish) and advised me to try and get some sleep and phone back in the morning if nothing's happened... Wish me luck!

Shit shit shit shit shit, think my waters have gone! Eep! Plus getting contractions every 20 mins or so, Phoned the ward and lovely midwife calmed me down (ish) and advised me to try and get some sleep and phone back in the morning if nothing's happened... Wish me luck!

:o

Good luck, Reina.

Hope everything goes accordingly.

That post read a lot like BBC text commentary! :lol:

Good luck!

:eek: Oh wow! Be strong for her Ryan! ;)

I've lit some candles for you Reina - it's auspicious, it's coming up to Lughnasagh Eve - the reaping of the first harvest. A fantasic Pagan Festival. Your baby will be blesséd!

post-1053-1248916075.gifBlessed Be, honey! :) The Goddess will take care of you all! ;)post-1053-1248916075.gif

Edited by Kilt

Good luck, Reina.

Hope all goes well. :)

Aye, awra best Debs.

Ignore the mad Pagan tit.

Hoy! <_< Best wishes from whatever belief system at a time like this can be a source of comfort. I know Reina will accept it in the spirit it's intended - one of love and happiness that a new life is about to be brought into this world and enrich a lovely young couple's relationship with a blesséd gift of new life.

Best of luck, just had my wife crying here for no reason at all. Finding this dam to hard.

Be strong Graham. She needs your support right now and my thoughts are with you! It'll work out fine buddy! Reach into your inner self and trust in yourself and your lady! ;)

Aye, awra best Debs.

Ignore the mad Pagan tit.

He's only being comforting and warm.

A nicer person on this forum, you could not meet. (I've not met Kilt, like, but online, he's warm and complimentary).