Pregnancy And Parenting

Congrats seamus, how far on is she?

We reckon 4 or 5 weeks and although I know that there is the superstion colony who will not pronounce to anyone until 12 weeks.

We did not do that with our first child and it can be evident beforehand anyway.

Things can go wrong or right before 12 weeks or after, only really close family know and people who are not within our social circle who will have no contact with my partner if that makes sense.

Anyway each to their own but think positive and positive things happen.

Edited by seamus

Congrats, btw Seamus.

My second will be sliced and diced from wifey-type-person-thing in 12 hours time :)

Im not being cheeky but have you a preference of gender?

We have only two bedrooms so if its a girl we are talking a housemove which I would not mind.

Congratulations ;) and everything will be fine are you going to the birth?

Edited by seamus

Deep breath...9 and a half years, 3 bedrooms, prefer another girl (and the scan indicates this to be the case), I will be in the hospital, but it's an elective caesarian with a general anaesthetic so I'll not be allowed in the room for this one and for RS: we kept Alexandra in our room for about 3 months - after that she was a nightmare to put down at night in her own room for a week or so (she always needed to see us as she fell asleep). edit: and it was a rocking crib type thing as opposed to a moses basket (not that it matters).

Edited by pollymac

we kept Alexandra in our room for about 3 months - after that she was a nightmare to put down at night in her own room for a week or so (she always needed to see us as she fell asleep). edit: and it was a rocking crib type thing as opposed to a moses basket (not that it matters).

cheers for that, i've heard get them in there own room ASAP is best, which is what i want as i spent all day sunday building an effin' nursery! the child WILL use it!

Deep breath...9 and a half years, 3 bedrooms, prefer another girl (and the scan indicates this to be the case), I will be in the hospital, but it's an elective caesarian with a general anaesthetic so I'll not be allowed in the room for this one and for RS: we kept Alexandra in our room for about 3 months - after that she was a nightmare to put down at night in her own room for a week or so (she always needed to see us as she fell asleep). edit: and it was a rocking crib type thing as opposed to a moses basket (not that it matters).

Good luck and stop breathing so deeply thats the wifes job ;)

cheers for that, i've heard get them in there own room ASAP is best, which is what i want as i spent all day sunday building an effin' nursery! the child WILL use it!

I'd agree with that,though you and your better half might want to have the baby monitors in the room beside you at night. :D

quick question, me and the wife are looking at Moses Baskets etc, how long should you keep the baby in a moses basket in your room? some say 6 months, other say not at all!

Firstly my wee one is a little baby, he'll be 20 weeks on Friday and is still only 12lb10 and he is out the moses basket , I'm glad I didn't buy one as if he'd gome to term we'd have had hardly any use, glad it was a hand on from a friend, and Ruairidh is much comfier in the cot. I was determined to put my baby in his own room straight away but all the advice at the hospital was in the room with you until 6 months for cot death prevention. But once he's 6 months he'll be next door.

She's looking mighty fine mate.

You'll need to check out ebay someone is selling Rovers baby vests (too wee for Cameron though.)

She's a wee ginger, well Auburn. I thought about having her adopted and trying again.

Seriously, I love her hair colour and hope it stays.

I'm not going to encourage her to go to the football. I'll take her if she asks but her Mum can train her to do housework on a Saturday when me and Cole are at the Rovers.